Sign in to follow this  
Silverbird

Aerosim's 787 for FSX released

Hi Mac2244 -

1.  If my memory serves, the download from the aerosim.jp site is in English

2.  It comes with a couple of ANA liveries, and I think a JAL one, but you can download a bunch of liveries right here from Avsim's file library, ANA and JAL included.

IMO, the price is quite steep for what you get from this plane - just slightly above default FS planes in terms of systems, but it does look nice. It has some odd quirks that are not realistic Boeing procedures (unlike PMDG's airliners, which are spot on as far as a desktop simulator can be).  I'm waiting for QualityWings to release their 787 offering, hopefully sometime this year....hopefully their version will be superior.

Jim Blake
Captain, SWA Virtual Airlines
Real World C172 Pilot, AOPA #06034701
 sig_concordeX.jpg  Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

1)Is there an English version or do you need download the Japanese version from the aerosim site?

You select language, yes English is an option.

2)Does it come with default ANA and JAL deliveries or do you need to install them?

It comes with Boeing demonstrator and Aerosim liveries, You can get more liveries from Avsim, as for JAL and ANA you need to go to http://exe.vis.ne.jp/fs.html

thanks swv and fsx for the replies!
1)But which is correct does it come with ANA and JAL liveries? - if it does how do you install them is it an easy process?(is there an install guide somewhere)

2)thanks for the link to the site fsx - but what files do I need to download and how would I install it (most of the site looks to be in Japanese - I speak a little but not enough to follow the instructions! - also I only really want a JAL and ANA livery for the sim)

3)Do you know if this would work on prepar3d or is it FSX only?

Hi Mac2244 - 

1.  Honestly, I don't remember, as I installed it soon after it was released, which was a while ago!

2.  To install the repaints from the link FSX4Life posted, you have to scroll down the page to the Repaints section, then click on the link for B787 to get to the repaints.  Once there, you have to click on the Download button for each repaint, specify a location to save (desktop is easiest), then once the file (an .exe) is downloaded, run it as administrator and choose a location to unpack the file....again, desktop is easiest location - it will extract the texture.xxx folder with all textures needed.  Now the tricky part is editing the aircraft.cfg file for either the GE or RR engine variant - you'll have to copy and paste a [fltsim.XX] section of a previous livery in the aircraft.cfg file, then change the "XX" number to the next number available (for instance, if the last entry is [fltsim.4] then the next one will be [fltsim.5], then change the texture=?? to texture=JAL (for the JAL livery folder you just unpacked.  You'll also have to change at minimum the title= and ui_variation= to have it show up in the list of liveries when choosing a livery in FSX).  Then copy the texture.JAL folder into the aircraft folder you are adding it to (either the GE or RR variant.  The JAL is for the GE variant.  Each livery is specified for either the GE or RR variant on the website, next to the livery's download button).  Unfortunately, there isn't a text section included with the unpacked texture folder that you can just copy into the aircraft.cfg, like there is with many/most liveries you have to install manually.

3.  Don't know if it will work in P3D v2.2 or not, as I haven't tried to install it.  Most likely, you would need to buy the Flightsim Estonia Migration Tool (well worth the investment for migrating aircraft and scenery over from FSX to P3D) to have it install correctly.  You can get it through here - http://www.flightsim.ee/

Good luck!

Jim Blake
Captain, SWA Virtual Airlines
Real World C172 Pilot, AOPA #06034701
 sig_concordeX.jpg  Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

SWVA

Many thanks for the comprehensive reply!

However still struggling to get this to work -  I appear to have x2 787 paints in my P3D folders (one titled AS_B7878_RR_FSX in the simobject folders) already and I downloaded about x5 different ANA and JAL variations from the site when I unpack they each give me an assortment of different texture folders all with various names - I think what U are suggesting is using the base 787 paints and swapping over the texture folders? and doing some other tweaks - I am also struggling with your "fltsim.xx" tweak to the .cfg files - in both my existing paints I have these fltsim entries in one they are numbered 0,1,2 and the other has 0,1 - not sure how you are meant to change these in the new paints?

As I am struggling with this just wondering if there anyone you can forward me the actual ANA folder with the 787 up the side of the aircraft (this is the one I mainly want to fly) so I can cut and paste into the P3D folder  or send me the contents of the .cfg file - so I can sort this out without taking up more of our time?

You'll need to copy the texture folders from the location where you extracted it to the <FSXPath>\SimObjects\Airplanes\<Whatever the Aerosim 787 folder is called> folder. If there's different folders for different engine types, as your statement suggests ("I appear to have x2 787 paints in my P3D folders (one titled AS_B7878_RR_FSX in the simobject folders) already"), you'll need to take a look at the readme to see which engine option you need to use.

Once the texture folder is in the correct folder, you need to open the readme file that usually comes with the texture. Copy everything of that file between the lines "[fltsim.xx]" and "description=...", and paste that piece of code into the aircraft.cfg file of the aircraft, following the last [fltsim.xy] entry (where xy is any valid number). Then you need to replace the "xx" in the [fltsim.xx] by the subsequent number, e.g. if the last entry is called [fltsim.01], the new one would get the number [fltsim.02].

Please also take a look at the Readme file that should come along with textures, those files usually also contain instructions on how to install the liveries. Since you seem to be pretty new to this type of file editing, I would also strongly recommend to make a backup copy of the original aircraft.cfg, just in case anything goes wrong.

One last important thing: Never overwrite anything existign, particularly not of the original install, when adding new textures, that might cause issues leading to a reinstall of the addon.

Best regards,

FLog thanks for the advise I will continue to try and get this to work!

But before I give it another go 1)are the paints available from the AVSim site ready to install or still need tweaking? and where exactly can I find them?

2)Are there paints available in the actual 787 software?I have found a paint kit available for the download on the aerosim site but this appears to just let you start your own paints (there appears no documentation?)

3)Flog also in my downloads from the exe.vis site there appear to no readme files when I unpack them!?! have I done something wrong?(also the guide is almost all in Japanese!)

FLog thanks for the advise I will continue to try and get this to work!

But before I give it another go 1)are the paints available from the AVSim site ready to install or still need tweaking? and where exactly can I find them?

2)Are there paints available in the actual 787 software?I have found a paint kit available for the download on the aerosim site but this appears to just let you start your own paints (there appears no documentation?)

3)Flog also in my downloads from the exe.vis site there appear to no readme files when I unpack them!?! have I done something wrong?(also the guide is almost all in Japanese!)

I can only answer the first one, as I don't have that addon:

What you call tweaking is actually part of the installation process. There is no way around this, as that copy/paste part adds the code that tells FSX to look for a specific texture folder (specified in the "texture=xyz" line, which points to the folder texture.xyz in that aircraft folder), and conatins a few other things that are more or less important for FSX, e.g. the displayed title, some sorting info as well as information for ATC. But that editing is actually not a hard work, should be done in about 30seconds.

It is of course possible that downloads do not contain Readme files, but it's unlikely, because you would need some info about what exactly to add to the aircraft.cfg file. However, there are some paints that really do not come with any documentation.

Best regards,

i have a question.... i can't open the doors in B787 of aerosim. When i press shift 1+2+3+4 only the main door open....i know that there is a panel for ground animations and open all doors...but how you can open that? someone knows that?