Sign in to follow this  
Silverbird

Aerosim's 787 for FSX released

I got the Aerosim 787 and i'm having troubles with it fsx stops working.I can run ORBX,NGX and other addons fine but running this for some reason has stopped twice out 6 flights and i get bad frame rates on the ground.

The modelling looks excellent!

You are KIDDING right? The modelling is awful, VC is mediocre at best... all in all, no life at all - sharp edges, no colorations, really bad texturing...

You are KIDDING right? The modelling is awful, VC is mediocre at best... all in all, no life at all - sharp edges, no colorations, really bad texturing...

Can you do better? lol!

Nope, but I wouldn't go as far as saying excellent.

Well I have to admit that the nose texture on post number 8 may give that impression. But the 3d model itself looks very good.

Just look at the flaps and slats, flat, dull... not to mention it costs $50, was it?

Actually that's more a case of my graphics settings, I have them set to bleach out a lot of detail because I fly in French Polynesia a lot and want a bright sunlit effect, and I left it on that when taking those screenshots.

Al

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

It may have to due with the GPU antialliasing settings, as I thought!

Takeoff and landing video:

Takeoff:

Landing:

Sorry about horrible quality, just quickly made these videos to show this addon to my friend.

Also breaking sound and cabin announcement both come from Fspassengers addon. Kind of bad operating too, didn't concentrate.

Edited by firehawk44
Video deleted as uploader removed them from the YouTube Account

Just curious. VC only? No 2D?

Jack F.

It has nice 2D panel too, thats really where I mostly fly, just recorded these videos from VC to make it look better.

AL and FS Camp,

I have been thinking about pulling the trigger on this 787 for the past week. It seems that both of you think this is a failry good offering. As far as where I stand with realism, I generally use the FMC as my preferred navigation, but I never really do the cold and dark starts. That said, I am not really a rivet counter, but just want something fairly good. I know that this is sort of a "lite" FMC offering. but I am fine with that as long as it works as designed. Would both of you recommend this plane even though it is a bit on the pricy side? There is definitely something to be said for a "get in and go" plane with short set up times. Also, would you compare this Aerosim offering to one maybe on par with a CLS offering, or is this even better? I know CLS makes generally lite offerings, but I have many of them and I find them to be okay for the most part. I am hoping you guys can force my credit card out of the wallet.

Cheers, Pete

Pete Solov - Lake in the Hills 3CK

and Schaumburg Regional 06C
Proud AOPA Member - PPL 2001
Real World Piper Cherokee Pilot

Well, if you can stomach the somewhat heavy price tag for what is comparable in depth to something like the CLS 747 (which I like incidentally), then it sounds like the kind of thing you like, coincides with the kind of thing the AeroSim's jetliners offer.

It looks a lot like a 787, has a HGS (not collimated, but still pretty good), can fly FMC flights on VNAV and LNAV (including the SID and STAR if you put it in the flight plan and then load it up), can be cranked up with Control+E if you want, and does not mind if some of the overhead switches are in the wrong config. So it is very much a 'get in and go' type of jet, i.e. better than the default FSX ones, but not something you need a degree in aviation to get up in the air and to your destination, then down in one piece, since not every single switch in the VC does something.

I know we all appreciate the level of depth which A2A and PMDG go to, and I have many of those, but I also like simple simulations which are well done too, since occasionally I just want to load something into the FMC and press TOGA, and when I want to do that, I appreciate a product which does it with its own kind of panache, i.e. has the merit of good FPS and a nice model, and that's where AeroSim's jetliners are.

If I tell you that I bought AeroSim's 'lite' treatment of the B747-400D after I had bought the PMDG 747-400, for the very reasons I stated above, then it will probably serve to illustrate that I have a lot of time for the approach AeroSim take to making FSX add-ons, in spite of their simplicity, which incidentally, can be very easily enhanced with things like ISG gauges, since they are well suited to tweaking in that way. In fact, apart from their 767, I have all of their FSX airliners.

Al

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Pete,

As Al said if you can stomach the price you may like it. I bought it and I like it. I like this livery here :-)

Thank you for that Mini-Review, Al. You call it as you see and it is so balanced.