Sign in to follow this  
nudata

FSX Activation Error 00008 - new motherboard?

Installed new motherboard and FSX seems to need to be reactivated. However, rather than getting the activation screen I get an error 0008 and am stuck with 15 minute demo time.

regards,

Dick near Pittsburgh, USA

Guest firehawk44

Never heard of the error 0008 Dick and I couldn't find anything on Google with that error too. Here's a link to Microsoft if you have an activation error - http://support.microsoft.com/kb/960481. If you replaced your motherboard, I believe that requires reactivation as your hardware has changed.

Best regards,

Jim

Yes unfortunately that is the way it was designed. A real annoyance. You have to re-activate.

By the way the same holds true with Prepar3D. I have Acedemic License. One install only. You have to email LM and then they will activate an ability for a new install. While they were quick about it, this still remains an annoyance.

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3

Try this:

Press Start -> type regedit into Start Search and press enter. Elevate when prompted.

Make your way to the following key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CURRENTCONTROLSET\CONTROL\CLASS\{4D36E967-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}

Find Upperfilters listed under it, and check its value, if its 0 change it to PartMgr and click OK out.

If that worked you should get the activation prompt the next time you run FSX.

Yes unfortunately that is the way it was designed.

There is an obvious bug in FSX. It was designed that reactivation is required when new hardware appears, but also, the reactivation should be automatic, but it's not. The solution I posted is a workaround.

Ok I fixed it or actually fixed me. I have removed all of the pins from my Microsoft doll. Unbelievably I kept grabbing the Windows7 box and entering its secret code. For two days I kept up the same thing. So thanks for the help but need to go the street corner and get some of those magic pills they sell there! :Monkey: :Monkey: :Monkey:

regards,

Dick near Pittsburgh, USA

Guest firehawk44

:LMAO: Glad you got it working again.

Best regards,

Jim