Sign in to follow this  
SteveFx

DX10 Flashing Runways - Experimental Shader

If it's not too late, Tom - uninstall the original SP2 then, reboot and then reinstall it.

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

I love this shader fix, and im hooked to dx10 now but i have one issue

That fsx graphic pops in and a instant later, the right texture replaces it. This mostly occurs with water tiles, and i have not noticed it happening on land textures

It does not happen at all in dx9 mode, but the sim itself is running so well in dx10 that im not going back to dx9.

im lucky i got that example in the picture in the screenshot, usually there are a lot more of those instances happening all around me, and it is just on water

Setup.bat says my shaders are not original and I should install manually. Are there any instructions somewhere on how to install this manually?

No, sorry the shadow fix isn't as easy to describe. I will have a think whether I can make a separate installer for it but I am away for the weekend so it won't be today.

Not exactly sure what I did (basically nothing) but it all works now.

That's the good news, the bad news is that the lights are very reflective and it would be nice to turn down the effect a little bit. I do have Bojote's shaders installed so perhaps that is the source of the problem. Any ideas appreciated.

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

Not exactly sure what I did (basically nothing) but it all works now.

That's the good news, the bad news is that the lights are very reflective and it would be nice to turn down the effect a little bit. I do have Bojote's shaders installed so perhaps that is the source of the problem. Any ideas appreciated.

do you have bloom enabled? might check on that. And i believe the aircraft lights need working on...steve mentioned this he will get around to it

Setup.bat says my shaders are not original and I should install manually. Are there any instructions somewhere on how to install this manually?

Download my (SP2) ShadersHLSL\General folder, Marc. It is perfectly stock, and should then work ok. See post #337 above.

do you have bloom enabled? might check on that. And i believe the aircraft lights need working on...steve mentioned this he will get around to it

Yes- he has been working on the aircraft lights, Jason, but I think he's been sidelined by the shading issue - which is fixed - but probably feels that there's more to these lights than meets the eye, as turning on the landing lights, or the strobes will cause the street lamps to come on/go off, or flash in sync with the strobes (Orbx, at least). The "easy" answer is to use the Shockwave Redux lights, which have no issues, and give better-than-stock lights.

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

Hi When I try to run the setup.bat in shader release V3 I get a message "general10.fx shader has readonly attribute set" If I find the folder, right click, it does show as read only. I uncheck the box. But it doesnt stick, next time I right click it still says readonly. I am logged in as the administrator. Any ideas what is wrong?

Im wondering if teh gray Ai has something to do with missing alpha channel someone has written a script that chescks textures for this as apparently it can cause stutters. Might be related

For those with the tiles coming up with a blue FSX graphic you might want to try adjusting your bufferpools to =1 to enable them, and then gradually increasing your rejectthreshold setting. Seems a lower reject value worked for DX9 but the higher values are needed for DX10; possibly due to the higher loading going to the video card.

Cheers,

Danny

Danny Hicks

Hi When I try to run the setup.bat in shader release V3 I get a message "general10.fx shader has readonly attribute set" If I find the folder, right click, it does show as read only. I uncheck the box. But it doesnt stick, next time I right click it still says readonly. I am logged in as the administrator. Any ideas what is wrong?

@BluePilot: Download and run this little addon, Blue:-

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/52676345/TakeOwnership.zip

It will add "Take Ownership" to the menu that pops up when you rt-clk the file, then choose 'Take Ownership'. In fact do this at the roo level of FSX, so that it will give you ownership of the whole thing.

Hi Paul, Thanks for your help, I installed the program and saw the action on my right click menu. I have tried it on my FSX folder within Users; a black script window came up showing it was doing something. I then tried to change the read only check box, but as before it still reverts back to read only. In case you meant to do it to my main FSX folder I am running it on that as well (takes some time). Hopefully that is the solution!

Best Regards

BP76

Yeah - it produces a DOS window, does it's changes then exits. Win7's user security, group security, ownership, UAC are way too over the top for most users, including me. This little app came from this site (I think).. lots of nice little changes to speed up the system; make it more user-friendly, etc..

http://www.howtogeek.com/tag/windows-7/