Sign in to follow this  
rojantrojan

Impressive XPX video

All I can say is that if Austin bought or consumed that tech and put the data direct into XP10 for EVERYONE to use and had Drzwecki Design focus on a major city for hire (as it seems is the case with certain developers on the short list of payroll employees, each has a special task they focus on), with the right data and talent, XP10 could be friggin amazing. Hell. I might even entertain the world (minus the photo-real textures, just accurate placed buildings with maybe a textured base that blends into the 3D unerlay XP10 currently has) I might say that would equate to the scenery I might expect for XP11 compared to where it is at now. But that is somewhat what I was expecting from XP10 and am glad to see it is possible, but to piecemeal together the rest of the world, each a different product, potentially from different companies each with their own ideas on how to do it, results would vary. The task carried out by a single entity (LR as it should be) could be implemented VERY well and put a nail in the coffin for many users. This level of detail in the world and you could say that most people would lose their ability to I TRIED TO USE A PROFANITY HERE - AREN'T I STUPID! about XP10 being a flop and that would put it back on the pedestal it belongs on.

Very Impressive,Thanks for posting this.

100%75%50%d8a34be0e82d98b5a45ff4336cd0dddc

0D8701AB-1210-4FF8-BD6C-309792740F81.gif

Patrick

:Applause: That video was simply breathtaking..........

Mobo/CPU: MSI Z490-A PRO - Intel Core i7-11700K (8 cores - 16 Threads) @5Ghz (CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-U12S)

GPU: SAPPHIRE PULSE Radeon RX 5600XT 6Gb GDDR6

RAM: 32Gb (4x8Gb) TEAMGROUP T-Force Vulcan Z DDR4 3200Mhz CL16

Storage: Samsung 980 PRO PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD 500Gb & addlink 1TB SSD NVMe PCIe 3.0 M.2

PSU: EVGA 750BQ 80+ Bronze 750W

This is proof of just how good X-plane 10 is turning out.

FSX has some amazing scenery and is still great, but this is a different gravy.

If X-plane haters take a look at this video it may silence a few - This is NEXT GEN stuff

Not really "next gen stuff". Awesome photo-sceneries with OSM2XP 3D buildings for accurate cities and villages, and detailed airports, OpenStreetMap roads, were already available in X-Plane 9. But it's nice to see more and more published videos and screen shots about this.

Great video ! :Applause:

Sorry guys - that doesn't cut it for me. IMO FSX with GEX/ORBX has that beat hands down. No denying the potential of X-Plane, but it has a way to go yet.

Wonderful video. I think some of that scenery in X-Plane beats GEX/ORBX hands down.

"They're pissing on our heads and they tell us they're pissing on our heads, but we say it's raining because we don't want to be labeled 'conspiracy theorists' ".

Nice video. Thanks for sharing. A few shots were close to real except there was nobody actually in the aircraft. The only thing lacking in XP10 for me is ATC and customize AI traffic.

Once these aspects are improved I will spend more time and money on the available payware aircraft.

Keith Guillory

Sorry guys - that doesn't cut it for me. IMO FSX with GEX/ORBX has that beat hands down. No denying the potential of X-Plane, but it has a way to go yet.

I agree Dick, I suspect guys who are amazed at the video maybe have not experienced the world of Orbx...

http://youtu.be/jHWNetVRRMs

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

This is such a subjective thing(What's BEST), and there's no reason to turn this into a FSX v XPX debate(please).

I will say that using both sims, there are some intangibles with XPX that make for a sense of realism that you can't get in FSX unless you have really really good framerates.

And on the other hand I think the best X-plane sceneries are the ones ported over from FSX. The native stuff doesn't have the level of polish(just my opinion).

*******, it's like you can't even enjoy your new BMW without some twit asserting their 6 year old Mercedes gets better gas mileage.

"No matter how eloquent you are or how solidly and firm you've built your case, you will never win in an argument with an idiot, for he is too stupid to recognize his own defeat." ~Anonymous.

Hey fellas, calm down for crying out loud, no one is making the thread into a big debate. I simply wanted to bring the Orbx scenery to the attention of guys who may not be aware it.

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776