Sign in to follow this  
malibu43

Flight Update is OUT!

OK this employment thing is BS. You're telling me I gotta wait a whole working day till I can get home and revisit Hawaii with TrackIR??

I swear, there's not a lot keeping me here right now.

Well, family, bills.....other than all that......

I`m on Steam and it`s just downloading the update as I write this. Can`t wait until it`s all done. :smile:

All done. The first thing I noticed when I went to the map was the new option for the WORLD!

Now to try it out.

The R-key is great! I just finished a hamburger run with it. This is what you see when you press R in topdown view: the view tilts up to show the destination. See how the cross points at the right side of the runway (the wind came from the right so this is the perfect spot to land).

7415134574_bbaa8545e9_b.jpg

BTW Thanks to TrackIR you can easily see where you are during a pattern. Or during whatever. It's awesome!

7415135044_995bce6d2d_b.jpg

And these three shots were made while holding the R-key. As said I have the destination markers off. I landed on a larger airfield, so... where to park...? Well, just press R! I made these shots while I kept looking straight forward with my TrackIR, so the shift in view is all due to the R-key.

7415134182_7251e5b22e_b.jpg

Getting closer...

7415133820_dfd7bd045c_b.jpg

Just keep on driving until you get the Park the aircraft message! Easy!

7415133396_20d629efd5_b.jpg

Awesome! :wink:

Now all I need is way to get rid of that text in the middle of the screen...

O, and btw: if you don't have TrackIR yet.... BUY IT! :wink:

As it is now I will delete the assignements and forget all about toe brakes. (I can't really see what's so great about them anyway... but that's me being ignorant... :wink: )

A lot of small planes don't have a steerable nosewheel or tailwheel linked to the rudder pedals. The only way to steer them on the ground is by braking one wheel. :Nerd:

It's also helpful on crosswind takeoffs to be able to slow one wheel a little to help straighten your track down the runway.

Having variable-pressure differential control over the brakes, rather than "all or nothing" buttons is essential to controlling your plane on the ground.

It works like a charm!!! Great! And what Blackrat100 said: it works in topdown view too! You get an awesome view on your destination, even from miles and miles away!!! How cool is that! (I just got closer to my destination and the R key clearly points to where you have to land (which end of the runway), specially very clearly visible in top down view.)

Very nice! That is an elegant solution to a lot of problems. They killed a lot of birds with one stone there, and found a way to do it that we hadn't even considered.

Hello

You need to tick the reverse axis box when you assign the axis, by default they are on all the time (reversed).

Just have a look at the rudder pedal animation in the cockpit to see what I mean.

They really help while taxiing around

Hm, I see no reverse asix box... I can only invert Mouse pitch and Joystick pitch... I had a look at the control panel of the rudders, but there is nothing to set there really. Maybe I have to install the software for that? I just plugged the rudders in and they worked so I didn't install any software.

There probably is a setting in the rudder software to reverse them.

There probably is a setting in the rudder software to reverse them.

I will download and install it now... :wink: EDIT Downloaded and installed Smart_Technology_7_0_2_7_64bit which is Mad Catz software (???). When I run the profiler, I get a message no controllers were found...??? Think I will start a seperate topic for this: something is wrong here...

BTW Now that TrackIR is working, the Stearman is a lot more fun to fly! Because the default view is pretty close to the panel, I never could see the instruments and looking at them with the mouse... well... But now I can simply glance down at them! And also landing is so much better: when the plane obstructs your view (which happens all the time) you can simply look underneath or over the obstruction. Or sideways.

Man, this game just got a LOT better. And I already thought it was great. :wink:

I can't wait to get off work in two more hours.

And I have Friday off!

Hm, I see no reverse asix box... I can only invert Mouse pitch and Joystick pitch.

It is where you select the toe brake axis,

New music is awesome.. Sounds very much like Xavier Rudd. Very folk rockish..

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors 

It is where you select the toe brake axis,

Oh my, do I feel stupid... That's it indeed! They work now! You are my hero of the day. im%20Not%20Worthy.gif (Besides the MS team who prived us with a pretty nice update.) :wink: And I immediately notice how handy they are during taxi: far more precise control then when you only use rudder to steer.

New music is awesome.. Sounds very much like Xavier Rudd. Very folk rockish..

Hm, I will turn it on again then. I always turn off music in games and I most certainly did in MS Flight... :wink:

That's it indeed! They work now!

Hello

Glad you got them working, useful things toe brakes

Hello

Glad you got them working, useful things toe brakes

+100%.. this, to me, is a wonderful enhancement!!

The trim buttons also seem to work more smoothly...

:yahoo:

Bert