Sign in to follow this  
captdini

New Product

Yup, I have it, it's not that great to be honest. If you have UTX, it does pretty much what that does with its night lighting effect, although not quite as well if you want the truth. It's not garbage, and it does offer the flexibility to have the lights in either towns or in the open country, or both. but frankly, I was a bit underwhelmed by it.

This is a screenshot of it installed, but also with UTX night lighting on as well, and if you know that, you can see that it's not a lot different to what it would look like with just UTX's night lights on anyway:

1-76.jpg

Al

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Sorry for asking stupid, but does it add the lights on a generic basis or based on some areas, like UTX does? I really like the UTX effect, but outside of Europe or the US and Canada, there aren't any.

It does it on roads in FSX. It will create a back up of the default stuff, and then allow you to install the effect on roads in either cities, or in the countryside.

Gime a minute and I'll do you a screenie of it without UTX.

Al

Alan Bradbury

Here you go, this is having taken off from Tripoli. This is without UTX lights on, where you can see this new product has added the 3D spherical street lamps on the road and some on the houses. It's not as in your face 'wow!' as the UTX lighting effect, but it does add a little bit of extra realism. Whether you think that's worth the price is another matter:

1-77.jpg

Al

Alan Bradbury

I quite like that effect. I'm a long time customer of UTX and the US version gives you the option of adjusting the road lighting so it can be subtle or somewhat of a large "splodge" of light. But the UTX Europe doesn't appear to have this option and I find the street lights a bit of a mess, with random areas awash with over-lighting and other areas threadbare.

The shot you posted seems to show a much more subtle light, spaced out well. The big problem with these kinds of lights is getting the spread of light on the road surface even, which is undoubtedly a difficult thing to achieve given varying levels of filtering and AA used by different systems.

Rob (private post)

Robert Young - retired full time developer - see my Nexus Mod Page and my GitHub Mod page

Most of list the addons we do have. Al, list the addon he don't have. He is the FS's..............Most interesting man. :)

Stay afloat my friend.

This looks very interesting. Can anyone else share their testimonies with this product?

Thanks for the information, Alan. Doesn't sound that bad if it can process all the roads in FSX. Lets put that one on my list.

Thanks for the reply and views Al, much appreciated. Will probably give it a go. I have bought worse add-ons (not suggesting this is bad) at much higher prices, which have not been installed. Hopefully, they listen to their customers and constantly improve on this product.

Once again, thanks for the advise.

Dinshaw.

One of my favorite features is the UTX lighting. Unfortunately, it's not world-wide.

It looks good enough to try. I would like to see how other areas without UTX look. Places like the Caribbean.

Thanks Al.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

I might buy this, I do pretty much all my flying outside areas covered by UTX.

Heres my results with Zinerteks Ultimate Night Enviroment and UTX

An issue with these type of effects if not properly modeled, is it can wipe out your autogen in areas near the lights, even during he day. Anyone noticing that?

Intel i9-12900KF, Asus Prime Z690-A MB, 64GB DDR5 6000 RAM, (3) SK hynix M.2 SSD (2TB ea.), 16TB Seagate HDD, EVGA GeForce 3080 Ti, Corsair iCUE H70i AIO Liquid Cooler, UHD/Blu-ray Player/Burner (still have lots of CDs, DVDs!)  Windows 10, (hold off for now on Win11),  EVGA 1300W PSU
Netgear 1Gbps modem & router, (3) 27" 1440 wrap-around displays
Full array of Saitek and GoFlight hardware for the cockpit