Sign in to follow this  
Tom Allensworth

The Einstein Award - Member Nominations Now Open!

We are looking for nominations to our first Einstein award. If you are not familiar with the Einstein award, please read its description here:

http://forum.avsim.net/jawards/

We will be accepting nominations for this award for the next five days. We will close nominations at noon on Saturday, June 30th. Your nominiations must be made as a response to this message. Once the nominations are closed, we will open a poll by the entire community to vote for one member in the nominations list. Here are the rules:

The person nominated must be an active member in good standing of the AVSIM Community.

The person nominated cannot be deceased, inactive or banned.

You are not allowed to nominate yourself.

Your nomination must meet the basic requirements of the Einstein award criteria.

You are only allowed to post one nomination. Multiple nominations will be removed.

If a person has already been nominated, please do not nominate again.

Do not post "I second this nomination", "+001" etc. posts. A nominated user will be included in the vote. You are not voting for them in the nomination period.

AVSIM Staff members are not eligible for this award.

PLACE THE NOMINATED USER'S NAME IN THE FIRST LINE OF YOUR POST!!!

This post has been promoted to an article

Should make so that you can only receive one if you get 186,282 votes per second :LMAO:

Al

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Should make so that you can only receive one if you get 186,282 votes per second :LMAO:

Al

That would break the system. :)

Joking aside, I would like to suggest nominating you Tom. I know that might sound like creeping, but that is not my intent, in all seriousness, to me it seems obvious that the person who came up with the idea of Avsim should receive such an award, because that was indeed a brilliant idea, and everyone who has ever had anything out of Avsim has benefited from it, and that is a lot more than 186,282 people.

Al

Alan Bradbury

Joking aside, I would like to suggest nominating you Tom. I know that might sound like creeping, but that is not my intent, in all seriousness, to me it seems obvious that the person who came up with the idea of Avsim should receive such an award, because that was indeed a brilliant idea, and everyone who has ever had anything out of Avsim has benefited from it, and that is a lot more than 186,282 people.

Al

Well, I appreciate that Al, but I am not eligible (and neither are you - staff members don't qualify). I will change the rules to reflect that.

Well, in that case, I nominate CoolP. He's always very helpful on the forums, and very knowledgable.

Al

Alan Bradbury

Word Not Allowed (Srdan Kostic) His hard work and constant testing of FSX configurations and video card driver settings has got my fsx running as smooth as ever.

Word Not Allowed won't be elgible. See Tom's post above.

Al

Alan Bradbury

I nominate Paul J. He has consistently provided knowledgeable advice couched in respectful and helpful terms. His willingness to "hang in there" with folks makes him a great source of support.

John

John Loney, for his past and continuing contributions to the AVSIM scenery library (he has provided numerous airport sceneries and object libraries), and for the number of people he has mentored and/or assisted with scenery design. John gives a lot of himself to the AVSIM community.

Todd Harrell

Word Not Allowed won't be elgible. See Tom's post above.

Al

? care to elaborate, I don't know the inner workings of the criteria and how they apply to members.

If its not appropriate for this thread please pm me.

EDIT, I see now, didn't know he was Staff, please feel free to delete my post's to clean up the thread.

I vote for Geofa. He's a very balanced person and very knowledgeable of both RL and simulated aviation.

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." [Abraham Lincoln]