Hello!

I have been having the same problem forever!

Log Name: Application

Source: Windows Error Reporting

Date: 6/27/2012 17:17:02

Event ID: 1001

Task Category: None

Level: Information

Keywords: Classic

User: N/A

Computer: Spitfire

Description:

Fault bucket , type 0

Event Name: BEX

Response: Not available

Cab Id: 0

Problem signature:

P1: fsx.exe

P2: 10.0.61472.0

P3: 475e17d3

P4: unknown

P5: 0.0.0.0

P6: 00000000

P7: 0000ffff

P8: c0000005

P9: 00000008

P10:

Attached files:

C:\Users\Matthew\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX\fsx.CFG.txt

C:\Users\Matthew\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX\dxdiag.txt

C:\Users\Matthew\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX\scenery.cfg

C:\Users\Matthew\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX\fdr.dat

C:\Users\Matthew\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX\dll.xml

C:\Users\Matthew\AppData\Local\Temp\WERDA67.tmp.WERInternalMetadata.xml

These files may be available here:

C:\Users\Matthew\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportArchive\AppCrash_fsx.exe_bced56bb1859e56a135b39dcfecf9b6995093b4_0e6c3bf7

Analysis symbol:

Rechecking for solution: 0

Report Id: 60671a8f-c09d-11e1-9b13-001fd0d574fa

Report Status: 1

Event Xml:

<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">

<System>

<Provider Name="Windows Error Reporting" />

<EventID Qualifiers="0">1001</EventID>

<Level>4</Level>

<Task>0</Task>

<Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>

<TimeCreated SystemTime="2012-06-27T21:17:02.000000000Z" />

<EventRecordID>43216</EventRecordID>

<Channel>Application</Channel>

<Computer>Spitfire</Computer>

<Security />

</System>

<EventData>

<Data>

</Data>

<Data>0</Data>

<Data>BEX</Data>

<Data>Not available</Data>

<Data>0</Data>

<Data>fsx.exe</Data>

<Data>10.0.61472.0</Data>

<Data>475e17d3</Data>

<Data>unknown</Data>

<Data>0.0.0.0</Data>

<Data>00000000</Data>

<Data>0000ffff</Data>

<Data>c0000005</Data>

<Data>00000008</Data>

<Data>

</Data>

<Data>

C:\Users\Matthew\AppData\Local\Temp\WERDA67.tmp.WERInternalMetadata.xml</Data>

<Data>C:\Users\Matthew\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportArchive\AppCrash_fsx.exe_bced56bb1859e56a135b39dcfecf9b6995093b4_0e6c3bf7</Data>

<Data>

</Data>

<Data>0</Data>

<Data>60671a8f-c09d-11e1-9b13-001fd0d574fa</Data>

<Data>1</Data>

</EventData>

</Event>

I have tried everything on all of the forums to attempt to fix this but still no luck! I am getting very frustrated about this. The crash always occurs when I am switching views or using the menus! Any help would be great.

Thanks !

Matthew

Guest firehawk44

Go to Start / All Programs / Accessories / Command prompt and right click on command prompt and click run as Administrator. Once open, type sfc /scannow and enter and let it run. It will scan and try to fix some of your system files. If errors are found Windows will fix the files for you. If not, well, that's good too. You do not have Acceleration installed so, do you have SP1 and SP2 installed? A lot of FSX addons require SP2 or Acceleration installed. Make sure you Microsoft Visuals C++ are installed. You need 2005, 2008, and 2010 installed. Normally these programs are installed when you install new software and the program cannot find them installed on your harddrive.

Crashes involving the menu have been fixed by placing the Vista version of uiautomationcore.dll in your main FSX directory. The uiautomationcore.dll belongs to the Microsoft.net framework program which FSX programmers used to make their addon run without a problem. It also manages memory for that program. Windows 7 comes with Version 4. The developers did not use Version 4 to develop their addon for FSX. They probably used Version 1.1 or 2.0. These files are located in separate directories so that your software program can find the files faster. When it cannot find the proper file, your program crashes. You need Versions 1.1 thru 4.0 installed in the C:\Windows\Microsoft.net\Framework\(then the appropriate versions). FSX is a very old program and used Version 1 and Version 2 for FSX and SP2/Acceleration. These versions are not backward compatible. So you need to check and make sure you have all of these files installed. FYI, many of your software programs will install this software on your harddrive if it does not find it during the installation process. Hope this helps.

Best regards,

Jim

Hey Jim,

Thank so much for the help I have SP2 installed. I will go try that out and get back to you on how it turns out.

Hey Jim,

I still had no luck. I followed all of the steps that you suggested. This time it was a different crash. Here is what came up.

Date: 6/27/2012 20:58:31

Description:

Fault bucket , type 0

Event Name: APPCRASH

Problem signature:

P4: uiautomationcore.dll

P5: 7.0.0.0

P6: 4a5bdb1d

P7: c0000005

P8: 0000e527

P9:

P10:

Attached files:

C:\Users\Matthew\AppData\Local\Temp\WERAC9.tmp.WERInternalMetadata.xml

C:\Users\Matthew\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportArchive\AppCrash_fsx.exe_f2c25dbaf2d8375f6a7926cea62e191cec362c_118517a5

Analysis symbol:

Report Id: 5e8befaf-c0bc-11e1-9d92-001fd0d574fa

And the Details:

Source: Application Error

Date: 6/27/2012 20:58:28

Event ID: 1000

Task Category: (100)

Level: Error

Description:

Faulting application name: fsx.exe, version: 10.0.61472.0, time stamp: 0x475e17d3

Faulting module name: uiautomationcore.dll, version: 7.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x4a5bdb1d

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Fault offset: 0x0000e527

Faulting process id: 0x16a0

Faulting application start time: 0x01cd54c8917a9172

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\fsx.exe

Faulting module path: C:\Windows\system32\uiautomationcore.dll

Report Id: 5e8befaf-c0bc-11e1-9d92-001fd0d574fa

Guest firehawk44

You have the proper version of uiautomationcore.dll installed. You are running FSX in a 32 bit environment. It should work. At least you got rid of the BEX Event!! And, in the previous error, the faulting module was unknown. Now it's displaying uiautomationcore.dll as the faulting module. Wonder if you experienced another crash whether the uiautomationcore.dll would still be the faulting module or, was this the module being called by FSX to perform and couldn't because of a lack of resources to enable the program? You are still getting the Memory_Access_Violation (Exception code 0xc0000005). You may need to lower some settings. You should also check your virtual memory (page file) and make sure the setting is set to 'System Managed Size'.

Some people have found success by place the Vista version of uiautomationcore.dll in their main fsx directory. It does not work for everyone though and not considered by me as a viable fix but you might want to try it. Here is the link to the Vista version - http://www.search-dll.com/dll-files/download/uiautomationcore.dll.html. Download and place in your FSX main directory. If it doesn't work, I would delete it as this is an old version. FSX reads everything in the main FSX directory first. In addition, are you right clicking the FSX icon and running it as Administrator? That might help. I assume you have UAC disabled and any anti-virus program disabled when installing new software.

So try to use the above suggestions for a solution and we'll go from there.

Best regards,

Jim

I do always run it in Admin Mode. And I did not deactivate my anti virus while installing. So this time i will try with the new .dll then if that doesnt work re install with my antivirus disable.T

Thanks!

Matt

Guest firehawk44

That works! Good luck!

Jim

Well the new .dll didnt work. So I will eventually get around to uninstalling and re installing. What really amazes me is i have FS9 and it is 9 years old and it still works perfectly fine. I have never had any problems with it but then there is FSX whos problems are endless.

Hey Jim,

I have done everything you have recommended and just finished installing with anti-virus disabled. Still no luck i am still getting the same error:

Date: 7/10/2012 16:34:30

Description:

Fault bucket , type 0

Event Name: BEX

Problem signature:

P4: unknown

P5: 0.0.0.0

P6: 00000000

P7: e544eed0

P8: c0000005

P9: 00000008

P10:

Attached files:

C:\Users\Matthew\AppData\Local\Temp\WER7E34.tmp.WERInternalMetadata.xml

C:\Users\Matthew\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportArchive\AppCrash_fsx.exe_59d89b20d7cc3e7997a2c3c2937614b7ece376e_15819685

Analysis symbol:

Report Id: a1f5a0ff-cace-11e1-9f09-001fd0d574fa

Guest firehawk44

Well you are back to an 'unknown' faulting module but you still have the Memory_Access_Violation exception code c0000005 (which could be anything).

Event type BEX indicates a buffer overflow or DEP exception:

The primary benefit of DEP is that it helps to prevent code execution from data pages such as the default heap, various stacks, and memory pools. In normal operations of the system, code is not typically executed from the default heap and stack. Hardware-enforced DEP detects code that is running from these locations and raises an exception when execution occurs. If the exception is unhandled, the process will be terminated. Execution of code from protected memory in kernel mode results in an error.

Although terminating a process or causing the system to fail with an error do not appear to be ideal experiences, this helps prevent malicious code from executing. Preventing malicious code from executing on the system may prevent damage to the system or propagation of malicious code whose harmful effects could easily exceed those of a terminated process or system error.

DEP can help prevent some exploits in which a virus or other attack has injected a process with executable code and then attempts to execute the injected code. On a system with DEP, execution of the injected code should result in an exception. Software-enforced DEP can help mitigate exploits of exception handling mechanisms within Windows.

So, what did you install in FSX that came from earlier versions of FS. An aircraft from FS9? Scenery from FS9? FSInn? FS Co-pilot? If you have anything installed in FSX that was not made specifically for FSX OR Windows 7 64 bit, then you need to disable the program or uninstall it to see if that is causing the problem. For scenery, just start up FSX and go to the Scenery Library and find the problem scenery and uncheck the box next to it. This will disable the scenery. Run FSX and see if the problem still exists.

Since you have SP2 installed, make sure any addon you installed was compatible to SP2. Developers will post compatibility information for their commercial programs.

Run your anti-virus program and make sure you have no viruses installed. If you have a program that looks for Malware, run Windows Defender to see if any spyware and other unwanted software protection is installed. Microsoft Essentials (free) can also do this.

Make sure your virtual memory (page file) is set to System Managed Size. Click on the Start button and in the search box, type Virtual, then look up and click on how to change virtual memory. Follow the steps but don't manually set a size. Instead, at the Virtual Memory page, click on System Managed Size.

Turn off your User Access Controls (UAC). Click on the Start button and type UAC in the search box, then look up and click on Change User Account Settings. Pull the slider all the way down and click okay. With this turned on too high, Microsoft security may prevent certain programs to open up thus causing the crash.

Hopefully this will help you resolve your problem.

Best regards,

Jim

Hey Jim.

I have no addons installed other than the PMDG 737 NGX. Also i tryed to disable DEP for FSX, did not work, and i changes the virtual memory to system managed we will have to see if that works. And i already have UAC disabled.

Thanks,

Matt

Guest firehawk44

Hey Jim.

I have no addons installed other than the PMDG 737 NGX. Also i tryed to disable DEP for FSX, did not work, and i changes the virtual memory to system managed we will have to see if that works. And i already have UAC disabled.

Thanks,

Matt

I knew you couldn't disable DEP for FSX and you shouldn't. I just wanted to emphasize that you have something installed that FSX does not like. Some people install stuff from FS9 and before that is barely compatible or probably not compatible and they create problems with FSX and a 64 bit Windows 7. Hopefully you have all the updates to PMDG's 737 installed. This should cause the problem but I read a lot of people had issues soon after installing just the first version of the 737NGX and PMDG issued fixes. Computers are strange and sometimes not very friendly huh?

Best regards,

Jim

They are not even close to being friendly! I have the SP1C for the NGX installed which is the newest one, but the problem is still there it crashed again on my today with the same BEX error as before.

Matt

Guest firehawk44

They are not even close to being friendly! I have the SP1C for the NGX installed which is the newest one, but the problem is still there it crashed again on my today with the same BEX error as before.

Matt

Matt,

Again, the codes for your error reports show that you have something installed that is not compatible to FSX. It could be an old piece of software or it could be a corrupted driver. I would completely uninstalled FSX using this Uninstaller - http://www.iobit.com/advanceduninstaller.html. The Power Scan should remove any leftover folders and any leftover registry items. Before you uninstall FSX, use the Uninstaller to uninstall the PMDG 737NGX and any other addon. Reinstall FSX. Run FSX and setup your FSX settings. Do one Fly Now flights. Do you still have the problem? If not, install SP1 then run FSX. Do one Fly Now flights. Do you have the problem? If not, install SP2. Run FSX and see if the problem exists. If not, install your addons one by one and before installing another addon, run FSX. Make sure you select Yes when asked if you trust something. They are all safe. I'm sorry you have to go this route but I see no other solution to this problem.

Best regards,

Jim

Thanks for the help Jim it has been alot better than anything else i can find. Today I am not able to reinstall or tomorow and i will get around to it and let you know.