Sign in to follow this  
alainneedle1

You guys "wanna" see some cool light for FSX..

That looks excellent. Just turned off my UTX night lighting because of the FPS hit and the fact that fixing the "AI landing lights blob" also dramatically reduced the size of UTX night lights to the point where you couldn't really see them (anyway it was always a little orange for my taste). So I'd be very interested to hear what people made of this one, especially as far as frame rate impact goes.

James

It does look very interesting. I guess my questions are

Does it work with 3rd party add ons?

What are the frame rates like.

MSFS Premium Deluxe Edition; Windows 11 Pro, I9-9900k; Asus Maximus XI Hero; Asus TUF RTX3080TI; 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR4 3600; 2X Samsung 1TB 970EVO; NZXT Kraken X63; Seasonic Prime PX-1000, LG 48" C1 Series OLED, Honeycomb Yoke & TQ, CH Rudder Pedals, Logitech G13 Gamepad 

I too am interested to see how the frame rate on this is, I hate flying at night with UTX lights on due to the FPS hit, but if this can somehow reduce the FPS hit on it, I'll definitely get it. It looks really good too.

I don't have UTX - mainly because of the FPS hit. I rarely fly at night because the environment isn't dark enough. If I use an ENB setting that darkens the nighttime world, city lights are too dark. The night shots in the video look perfect and my guess is he is using some sort of an ENB mod.

MSFS Premium Deluxe Edition; Windows 11 Pro, I9-9900k; Asus Maximus XI Hero; Asus TUF RTX3080TI; 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR4 3600; 2X Samsung 1TB 970EVO; NZXT Kraken X63; Seasonic Prime PX-1000, LG 48" C1 Series OLED, Honeycomb Yoke & TQ, CH Rudder Pedals, Logitech G13 Gamepad 

I find it strange that people think fsx night isn't dark enough, mine is pitch black. I have to increase brightness via nvidia panel to taxi. :D I guess it's monitor difference?

The video does look awesome, but I can't find any link to the website...

EDIT: Ah, OK found it.. http://secure.simmar...erience-x.phtml I've been on the SimMarket website and IMO the dev is doing himself a disservice, as the screenies they are using a samples are worse than useless. I've just emailed the guy anyway and asked about it's compatibility with UTX, GEX and FTX and also framerates.

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

It works with UT Europe, that I do know. and yes, you are right, the product screenshots on Simmarket are crap, I almost did not buy it because they looked so mediocre, but it is actually not a bad product. FPS affects are fairly minimal from what I have experienced. There are some comparison screenies on the thread from the other day in this forum about the product.

Al

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Do you happen to have a link to the thread, Al? I tried searching for it, but could not find it. Also, do you have any information on the FPS hit of ExperienceX vs UTX Lighting?

While I'll admit the cityscape and airport ground lighting is superior, the glare, bloom and brightness in the cockpit is very offputting...

The attitude indicator is rendered completely useless and washed out!

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

While I'll admit the cityscape and airport ground lighting is superior, the glare, bloom and brightness in the cockpit is very offputting...

The attitude indicator is rendered completely useless and washed out!

Could be edited video. These days everyone uploading FSX videos is "George Lucas". Your sim will look nothing like that.

Keep in mind that the guy in that video had bloom on (something most of us can't do with DX9), and he also recorded his monitor with a camera (and not actually recording FSX with Fraps/etc.

Playback of something recorded with a camera is most always going to be brighter.