Sign in to follow this  
raymar

My Independence Day wish . . .

I wish all our fellow flight simmers around the world an enjoyable day and wish we were also independent in our various forums. It is really a pain to have to tip-toe around Flight, FSX, FS9, X-Plane, etc. to stay informed of what's happening and what fellow simmers are thinking about and always keeping in mind which Mod get easily irritated and which ones don't.

It is most unfortunate we can't be just a little more open minded and if you wish to totally restrict yourself to one product, fine, but don't restrict me your chosen limitation. These sims are growing at very different rates and as some may be fading in the sunset one day and another might be the chosen one at the top of heap, why not let us 'play' with several at once.

I would like to hear some level-headed thoughts on this subject as I have suggested in another forum that Avsim consider something along the lines of a "Flight Sim Forum for Flight Simmers" and not restrict our posts to only MS Flight, or FSX or LP X-Plane or P3D or whatever comes along.

Evidently more than one or two folks are flying more than one flight sim and several are watching MS Flight for future developments but are not just ready to jump ship and go all in as a few of you have and are so quick to point out every time I teeter on the Flight Bar.

Ray

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

Open-mindedness and treating people politely and respectfully rather than judgementally certainly is a great concept that we could use a little more of around here.

Doesn't Avsim have a more general forum, maybe something like the hanger forum?

I honestly don't know, as I mainly hang out here, sometimes the FSX forum, and the hardware forums. Most of my time is spent here in the Flight forum, as it is the main civilian flight sim I currently fly. I certainly have other flight sims I enjoy as well, mainly combat sims, but there is not much in the way of forums here for the ones I have. At least not that get much participation.

I personally think Avsim does a superb job, of catering to the masses. The FSX forum is great, with a lot of good info in there. Also the hardware forums, are a wealth of information, especially when it comes to say tweaking FSX. The Flight forum here, whilst getting a shake start, has turned into one of the best forums I know of - at least the best of other website forums I participate in.

What causes issue from time to time, is typically when someone in one of the forums - namely this one -starts to make comparisons with another flight sim- usually one specifically most of the time - then others may perceive that as saying this one is not as good as the other one, etc etc.

At least in these sim specific sub forums, if folks stayed on the topic of that particular sim it is set up for, that mostly would not happen.

All of course, just my humble opinion.

"Posted Today, 01:11 PM

I wish all our fellow flight simmers around the world an enjoyable day and wish we were also independent in our various forums. It is really a pain to have to tip-toe around Flight, FSX, FS9, X-Plane, etc. to stay informed of what's happening and what fellow simmers are thinking about and always keeping in mind which Mod get easily irritated and which ones don't.

It is most unfortunate we can't be just a little more open minded and if you wish to totally restrict yourself to one product, fine, but don't restrict me your chosen limitation. These sims are growing at very different rates and as some may be fading in the sunset one day and another might be the chosen one at the top of heap, why not let us 'play' with several at once.

I would like to hear some level-headed thoughts on this subject as I have suggested in another forum that Avsim consider something along the lines of a "Flight Sim Forum for Flight Simmers" and not restrict our posts to only MS Flight, or FSX or LP X-Plane or P3D or whatever comes along.

Evidently more than one or two folks are flying more than one flight sim and several are watching MS Flight for future developments but are not just ready to jump ship and go all in as a few of you have and are so quick to point out every time I teeter on the Flight Bar.

Ray"

This thread is locked.