Sign in to follow this  
Chock

Basler BT-67 Turbo Conversion DC-3 released

Hey Guys... Again I want to thank you for your hard work. I have applied the "bug fix v1" and the annunciator fix and (of course) the Navy livery, but nothing else as I am flying great with those. I have two questions. Is there, in RL, a nightime illumination of the throttle quadrant? Second question: Is there a way when v2.0 comes out, it could be named so that both what I have now (and like very much) and that can be installed? I am reluctant to install something over what I really enjoy as it is. Thanks again!

John Wingold

Nice cooperation, guys. Impressive, once again. :smile:

Can the devs define what you mean with 2.0? Me is curious and it seems I've missed the description so far. That's the fully patched version maybe?

V2 is the fully patched version, yes. Old_As_Dirt, you can leave your V1 as is and patch selectively, I will identify the new files and features in the readme.

Guest KOXR

If its not to much to ask could you adjust the day time lighting for the VC04 and VC05 gps panels to match the settings for VC01? Nighttime looks perfect as it is. Thanks for everything you have done on this project!

BT67_PANEL1.jpg

Unfortunately the Basler wouldn't be fast enough for normal RTW race legs

You do know that a KLM DC-2 came second in the handicap section of the MacRobertson Air Race in 1934 don't you? And when it did so, it was flying the regular KLM passenger route from Melbourne to London, including all the scheduled landings, and carrying mail and passengers, which actually took it over a route which was a thousand miles longer than the official race route. It even turned back to an airfield on one occasion to pick up a stranded passenger. It was only beaten into second place by the purpose-built DH.88, which is not surprising because that aircraft was the basis for the DH Mosquito.

Al

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

You do know that a KLM DC-2 came second in the handicap section of the MacRobertson Air Race in 1934 don't you? And when it did so, it was flying the regular KLM passenger route from Melbourne to London, including all the scheduled landings, and carrying mail and passengers, which actually took it over a route which was a thousand miles longer than the official race route. It even turned back to an airfield on one occasion to pick up a stranded passenger. It was only beaten into second place by the purpose-built DH.88, which is not surprising because that aircraft was the basis for the DH Mosquito.

Al

Ah yes, the famous Uiver ^_^ I actually have a booklet from 1950 or so detailing the Uiver's route.

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

Guest KOXR

KOXR: _allblank file updated, see link in #183. Better now?

They blend perfectly with the rest of the guages now. Thanks!

bt-67-panel2.jpg

Guest KOXR

I am working on higher resolution gauges. I have torque and prop rpm done. Hopefully this weekend I will have enough finished to post an updated cab file. This is my first attempt at changing anything in FSX short of a config file.

bt-67-new_gauges1.jpg

Daniel, there is much beer involved in your life as it seems. :P Don't worry about the delay and take your time. I wonder if any of the large beer companies (are they called that way?) deserves some fictional BT-67 paint. Would surely be refreshing if served cold.

Daniel, there is much beer involved in your life as it seems. :P Don't worry about the delay and take your time. I wonder if any of the large beer companies (are they called that way?) deserves some fictional BT-67 paint. Would surely be refreshing if served cold.

I've got a yeast intolerance, so no beer for me (rolls and bread no problem but beer ... NOPE)

I'm Bavarian ... how's that even possible! :wacko:

I am working on higher resolution gauges. I have torque and prop rpm done. Hopefully this weekend I will have enough finished to post an updated cab file. This is my first attempt at changing anything in FSX short of a config file.

bt-67-new_gauges1.jpg

Most excellent. My old eyes really appreciate the higher resolution textures and gauges.

Ray

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

Hey gang, if you don't have the Aerosoft Antarctica X scenery package you can buy it today at PC Aviator or $21.97 (download) or wait until Tuesday and get an additional 10% off (most likely). Sale ends July 19th. This pack covers the whole continent and has custom landclass data and some Landsat satellite imagery. Has 7 major research stations, 47 runways/skiways and helipads. Has 3 icebreakers running and special sounds and animations. It even comes with a ski equipped DHC-6 Twin Otter if you don't have that package already. Has seasons - ice, more ice, all ice and iced over.

Antarctica X is one of the most technological advanced sceneries ever created. Should make a great stomping grounds for the BT-67.

This is 40% off the US price.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=_1oBJfsv0Xg

Not connected in any way, shape or form to the developer or Aerosoft, I just like a good deal and like to know about them in time to get in on the action.

Ray

Picked this up today with an additional 15% discount on top of the 40% off. Tuesday only.

Nice package. Just got back from Office Depot with the manual printed out. My geography knowledge of Antarctica is zilch. The manual has maps and charts and the links have a couple of kmz files for Google Earth. I added the red twotter to my collection of twotters - I had deleted all the ski versions some time ago.

There is a rw flight plan from Canada to Antarctica that is mostly a straight line with about 10 stops. Looks like a fun flight for FSX.

We need all those new 'cheese strike' jobs to fly around this area. Many of the included rw flight plans are BT-67s and the rest are Twin Otters.

Highly recommended.

Ray

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .