Sign in to follow this  

The PMDG forums are for PMDG product discussions and support. Posting topics here related to other games, non-illustrative images (as in, I have a problem, here is an image of it), news items not related to PMDG etc. are OFF TOPIC. We are going to get a little more agressive in ensuring that those posts are moved to appropriate locations within AVSIM or deleted. Please do not post off-topic (NON-PMDG) topics, and please do not try to circumvent this. We ask everyone to help us by reporting any off-topic posts here. Thank you.

Guest dlrk

Thanks for heroically saving the day! :rolleyes:

Saving the day from what?

The numerous topics that have nothing to do with what PMDG-anything. Would that include Airbus request threads? :sorry:

Kenny Lee
"Keep climbing"
pmdg_trijet.jpg

Exactly.

Like your sarcasm? Done.

The numerous topics that have nothing to do with what PMDG-anything. Would that include Airbus request threads? :sorry:

If they are being requested of Rob and the PMDG guys, that is on-topic. Annoying, I am sure, but on-topic.

Every forum needs a good cleanup every now and then.... :lol:

I thought this was PMDG forum to moderate as they see fit? Its a bit late now changing the rules, its been like this for years.

Cheers, Andy.

I thought this was PMDG forum to moderate as they see fit?

They don't own AVSim, so I think AVSim can moderate any forum they want.

Kenny Lee
"Keep climbing"
pmdg_trijet.jpg

They have a pretty large stake in the site though through advertising I'm sure, they also draw a lot of views for the other advertisers here too. The PMDG general discussion forum has been free to talk about anything FS related for many years and PMDG even encouraged it when the moaning minnies came along and tried to get none PMDG related topics closed.

Cheers, Andy.

They have a pretty large stake in the site though through advertising I'm sure, they also draw a lot of views for the other advertisers here too. The PMDG general discussion forum has been free to talk about anything FS related for many years and PMDG even encouraged it when the moaning minnies came along and tried to get none PMDG related topics closed.

I am with Andy on this one,

This is a community, and certain people only visit certain sub forums.. I have the pmdg forum in my bookmarks, and not the avsim general forum.

Alex Ridge

Join Fswakevortex here! YOUTUBE and FACEBOOK

Gents-

The PMDG Forum has been a sub-forum on AVSim for...what? Thirteen or fourteen years now? (wow...)

Nothing has changed in terms of the behavioral guidelines and expectations- but Tom and the staff at AVSim are just throwing out a friendly reminder that the PMDG forums are for PMDG related discussion.

We bring this up from time to time when we see an increase in "unrelated" message traffic...

If any of the AVSim or PMDG mods see something that is (in the sole opinion of the moderator) unrelated we will move it to a forum for which the topic is better suited- or we may remove the thread outright.

We have been doing this for years- and will continue to do so.

(Most of you aren't even aware that we do it... FWIW)

So again- none of this is "new" but this is an occasional reminder so that nobody gets caught off-guard or feels singled out unexpectedly.

Your support is encouraged and appreciated.

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Thank god.

The number of "building new pc, need advice" threads were getting ridiculous. And then there was a captain sim 737 video....(really?!)

Hmmm, I seem to remember RSR posting support questions about the CS707 here once. If there was an "only PMDG" policy back then it wasnt followed even by PMDG staff