What's new in the Library
FS9, FSX & P3D CTD Guide - UPDATED V2!
Simulation's Premier Resource!
AVSIM is a free service to the flight and simulation communities. Please help us keep it that way. Donate what you can today! Thank you for your support!
- Free VFR Photo Scenery Vol 6 never istalled for FS2004
- Free simMarket addon - FSDG's Oresund X for FSX & P3D v2.x
- Aerosoft PMDG 747X Boxed version reduced to €29.99
- Aerosoft Winter Sale 20% off boxed products
- Drzewiecki Design New York City X 30% off?
- Just Flight Pick and Mix Sale
- Drzewiecki Design Polish Airports volumes, which one to get?
- Ultimate VFR Photoscenery Crazy 75% Off
- Any one looking for a complete Fuselage to make a sim out of? There are a few on ebay for $300
- X-Plane FlyJsim 727 complete $39 !
- Saitek X52 Pro HOTAS - Priced low for quick sale!
- CH Throttle Quadrant; CH Eclipse; Saitek Combat Pedals
- Precision Flight Controls Beech Yolk with Hall Effect & Digital Clock
- For Sale: Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals, $120
- Reduced price for Flightbeam KIAD (2nd copy for sale)
- SAITEK PRO FLIGHT SWITCH PANEL (UK based)
- Saitek X52 System For Sale
- SAITEK Trim Wheel for sale (UK, IRL or Europe only)
- Matrox TripleHead2Go Digital Edition - 1Yr Old
- Dell U2312HM 23" Monitor
. . .
Posted 10 July 2012 - 03:21 AM
The 707 weather radar is very cool, I really like it, but to me it seems the tilt button is working but the function is not there. I tried in different weather at different altitudes and I never see any difference when I tilt the radar up or down. I also tried this by have it on and when going above the clouds the screen goes blank when no clouds ahead with zero degrees tilt, when tilting, it should show because of the cloud layer I just got through (climb and descent). Do I miss something here?
Kjetil H Jensen
Posted 13 July 2012 - 12:19 PM
I tried this with all kind of clouds, including heavy wet clouds with alot of rain when flying below.
Kjetil H Jensen
Posted 13 August 2012 - 03:05 PM
The WX Radar should not show the presence of clouds. Radar should only show rain and its intensity.
True, but it will also show ground returns when tilted down far enough. So does the RXP radar, and this is important if you intend to use it as close to reality as possible. In FS there are many limitations, RXP came as close to it as possible, but the CS radar in the 707 is a joke.
Posted 13 August 2012 - 03:29 PM
You won't get any better than you have already. Don't try to use it as a tool to avoid storms or precipitation. It doesn't work at all.