What's new in the Library
FS9, FSX & P3D CTD Guide - UPDATED V2!
Simulation's Premier Resource!
AVSIM is a free service to the flight and simulation communities. Please help us keep it that way. Donate what you can today! Thank you for your support!
- Ultimate VFR Photoscenery Crazy 75% Off
- Dell 28" 4K moniters on sale for $218 with free shipping
- 50% off nearly everything at MV! Three days ONLY!
- Mega sims sale
- What did you buy over the holidays and how do you like it?
- Star Citizen's Limited Ship Sale till Feb 1
- Just Flight Canberra Download
- X-Plane 10 with 50% off on Steam for the next 47 hours
- Flightbeam New Years Sale
- Abacus FS Repaint v2
- Dell U2312HM 23" Monitor
- Trade a GoFlight MCP-Advanced for RP48
- Matrox TripleHead2Go Digital Edition - 1Yr Old
- 737 and Misc Sim parts for Sale
- Anyone got a spare 2500k/sandy bridge Gen2 cpu ?
- Reduced price for Flightbeam KIAD (2nd copy for sale)
- X52 Pro flight controls used $100
- Custom Flight Sim PC For Sale - Upgrade to a faster system now!
- Saitek Proflight Yoke
- ***GAMING PC*** with £1,000 of FSX Addons [UK ONLY]
. . .
Posted 10 July 2012 - 03:21 AM
The 707 weather radar is very cool, I really like it, but to me it seems the tilt button is working but the function is not there. I tried in different weather at different altitudes and I never see any difference when I tilt the radar up or down. I also tried this by have it on and when going above the clouds the screen goes blank when no clouds ahead with zero degrees tilt, when tilting, it should show because of the cloud layer I just got through (climb and descent). Do I miss something here?
Kjetil H Jensen
Posted 13 July 2012 - 12:19 PM
I tried this with all kind of clouds, including heavy wet clouds with alot of rain when flying below.
Kjetil H Jensen
Posted 13 August 2012 - 03:05 PM
The WX Radar should not show the presence of clouds. Radar should only show rain and its intensity.
True, but it will also show ground returns when tilted down far enough. So does the RXP radar, and this is important if you intend to use it as close to reality as possible. In FS there are many limitations, RXP came as close to it as possible, but the CS radar in the 707 is a joke.
Posted 13 August 2012 - 03:29 PM
You won't get any better than you have already. Don't try to use it as a tool to avoid storms or precipitation. It doesn't work at all.