The 2014 Demographic Survey! - NEW!
Simulation's Premier Resource!
AVSIM is a free service to the flight and simulation communities. Please help us keep it that way. Donate what you can today! Thank you for your support!
- Any exciting Labor Day sales for FSX/P3D?
- Milviz Kingair B350i on Pre-Order for $10 Discount
- MegaSceneryEarth 50% off through Labor Day
- EarthSimulations has a big 50% off sale for one week - dl and box
- Airline2Sim Q400 Training half price weekend....
- 25 Percent off at FS2Crew. Coupon Code: SCHOOL2014
- LatinVFR San Juan 20% Off @ Simmarket
- Skyhighsim - 50% price reduction
- Razbam Super Sale! Harrier and Metroliner for $20
- Wing Commander 3 Free until 2 September
- Thrustmaster HOTAS WARTHOG Throttle/Joystick set
- FS2004 Add-ons
- For sale RSP TQ
- CH Throttle Quadrant; CH Eclipse; Saitek Combat Pedals
- ASUS Rampage III Formula
- 737 Yoke from Ace for sale
- EVGA GeForce GTX650 1GB Superclocked 01G-P4-2652-KR [SHIPS WORLDWIDE]
- KingWin Lazer Power Supply 1000 Watts with Universal Modular Connectors/3 Way LED Switch/80 Plus Bronze ATX
- Saitek Pro Flight Combat Rudder Pedals
- Attn New or Budget Constrained Simmers
. . .
Posted 10 July 2012 - 03:21 AM
The 707 weather radar is very cool, I really like it, but to me it seems the tilt button is working but the function is not there. I tried in different weather at different altitudes and I never see any difference when I tilt the radar up or down. I also tried this by have it on and when going above the clouds the screen goes blank when no clouds ahead with zero degrees tilt, when tilting, it should show because of the cloud layer I just got through (climb and descent). Do I miss something here?
Kjetil H Jensen
Posted 13 July 2012 - 12:19 PM
I tried this with all kind of clouds, including heavy wet clouds with alot of rain when flying below.
Kjetil H Jensen
Posted 13 August 2012 - 03:05 PM
The WX Radar should not show the presence of clouds. Radar should only show rain and its intensity.
True, but it will also show ground returns when tilted down far enough. So does the RXP radar, and this is important if you intend to use it as close to reality as possible. In FS there are many limitations, RXP came as close to it as possible, but the CS radar in the 707 is a joke.
Posted 13 August 2012 - 03:29 PM
You won't get any better than you have already. Don't try to use it as a tool to avoid storms or precipitation. It doesn't work at all.