What's new in the Library
Member Reviews - Contribute a Review!
Bargain Hunters Forum
Classified, Want, Swap Ads
AVSIM Team Speak System
Community Links Library
FS9, FSX & P3D CTD Guide - UPDATED V2!
FSX / P3D Configuration Guide
Simulation's Premier Resource!
AVSIM is a free service to the flight and simulation communities. Please help us keep it that way. Donate what you can today! Thank you for your support!
- FSX Add-on for Apple Watch
- FSX Virtavia 50% off at Simmarket
- Concorde+Orbx Sale at Aerosoft
- Simmarket sale on KSNA
- Dreamfoil Bell 407 19.95 (43% off) at x-plane store
- Great Deal on Orbx addons at the flightsimstore.com!
- Flysimware 50% Off
- SimSkunkWorks 50% Off Sale
- MyTraffic 6 FSX+FSXSE+P3D - 40% off at simMarket
- ForSale: Unopened Orbx North America Airports DVDs $5 each!
- GoFlight GF-ATC Air Traffic Communication Module $120
- Goflight GF-RP48 Rotary/Pushbutton module $100
- For Sale: i7-3700k, Gigabyte Z77X-UP7, Corsair Platinums 2133MHZ
- WANTED: TrackIR w/TrackClip Pro
- TrackIR 5 - Track Clip for Hat
- For Sale: i7-2600k, ROG Z68 mATX
- GTX 970 SC and Dell U3011 2560x1600 monitor...
- For Sale: GTX 970 Superclocked
- Couple of Pokeys56E for sale
. . .
Posted 10 July 2012 - 03:21 AM
The 707 weather radar is very cool, I really like it, but to me it seems the tilt button is working but the function is not there. I tried in different weather at different altitudes and I never see any difference when I tilt the radar up or down. I also tried this by have it on and when going above the clouds the screen goes blank when no clouds ahead with zero degrees tilt, when tilting, it should show because of the cloud layer I just got through (climb and descent). Do I miss something here?
Kjetil H Jensen
Posted 13 July 2012 - 12:19 PM
I tried this with all kind of clouds, including heavy wet clouds with alot of rain when flying below.
Kjetil H Jensen
Posted 13 August 2012 - 03:05 PM
The WX Radar should not show the presence of clouds. Radar should only show rain and its intensity.
True, but it will also show ground returns when tilted down far enough. So does the RXP radar, and this is important if you intend to use it as close to reality as possible. In FS there are many limitations, RXP came as close to it as possible, but the CS radar in the 707 is a joke.
Posted 13 August 2012 - 03:29 PM
You won't get any better than you have already. Don't try to use it as a tool to avoid storms or precipitation. It doesn't work at all.