The 2014 Demographic Survey! - NEW!
Simulation's Premier Resource!
AVSIM is a free service to the flight and simulation communities. Please help us keep it that way. Donate what you can today! Thank you for your support!
- Airline2Sim Q400 Training half price weekend....
- 25 Percent off at FS2Crew. Coupon Code: SCHOOL2014
- LatinVFR San Juan 20% Off @ Simmarket
- Skyhighsim - 50% price reduction
- Razbam Super Sale! Harrier and Metroliner for $20
- Wing Commander 3 Free until 2 September
- Quality Wings 757 Discounted
- Qualitywings BAe 146 permanent discount
- A2A Sale 25% Off For Duration Of Oshkosh Airshow
- Fswidgets 10 Year Anniversary Sale - 50% Off
- FSX PC For Sale (United Kingdom)
- KingWin Lazer Power Supply 1000 Watts with Universal Modular Connectors/3 Way LED Switch/80 Plus Bronze ATX
- 737 Yoke from Ace for sale
- MSI GTX680 Twin Frozr 2Gb
- ASUS Rampage III Formula
- Attn New or Budget Constrained Simmers
- For Sale: Corsair Force GT 240 GB SATA III/6G SATA 6.0 Gb-s 2.5-Inch Solid State Drive - CSSD-F240GBGT-BK
- Looking for Saitek Pro Flight throttle spare black knob
- Parts for Free -- CH PRO Pedals - USB
- Boeing 737-800 Overhead panel for SALE!
. . .
Posted 10 July 2012 - 09:08 AM
Could somebody tell me where I can request a repaint for NGX? I have already tried it in 'PMDG 737NGX Livery Availability' thread some months ago but nobody have responsed. Are there other places to request one?
Can somebody make for me a repaint? Unfortunately, I am not able to repaint a livery and just for one aircraft I cannot motivate myself and would also not able to reach the quality of an experienced repainter; perhaps I will learn it in future if I get more time and motivation for that but I need it a bit 'urgend' for now.
Posted 11 July 2012 - 01:16 PM
Nameless, you are asking for a place where you can request repaints, coincidentally there's a subforum here, where can you post exactly such things. Here you go:
On a side note, for future requests you might want to name which livery/airline/scheme you are looking for or even post an image. The fish doesn't bite the fish hook, if there's no decoy attached.
Posted 11 July 2012 - 01:55 PM
The difficulty of the repaint is a key. The availability of a required graphic or determining the font style used in the airline name can be hurdles that have to be overcome. I must commend Marcelo for taking on those ambitious repaints. He is clearly doing fantastic work and I will bet he's doing a lot by hand painting.
I can't speak for the other painters, but for me I have to like the livery before I'll even consider painting it, so if you don't hear from me on a public request...that's probably why.
I do prefer the -600/-700 series as I have more time in that paintkit and for me it has fewer challenges to work around. I do tend to concentrate on the older liveries because most of the official liveries are ones with more recent usage in real life. And since there were so few in the -600 series and that size aircraft relates to the older timeframes when I was growing up...that's what I have been painting.
If you read the paint request rules in the painters forum, it has a lot of points that make sense. The painter has to have the plane to paint it on. Some painters might only have the base -800/-900 NGX, so they would not be able to paint a -600/-700.
Give the request some time. After a week if there hasn't been a response, bump it back up again. Sometimes it's just a matter of timing and where a painter might be regarding free time and other paint projects.
Just my thoughts on the subject...
Posted 13 July 2012 - 11:49 AM
It should be an Inter Airlines - TC-IEA, B738. Inter Airlines was a charter airline based in Antalya, Turkey. The B738's were in operation from 2002 to 2006, thereafter they have had just A321. In 2008 the airline ceased all their operations because of the global financial crisis. It would be not pretty realistic, because this airlines does not exist anymore, but nevertheless I think it would be nice to have one in FS!
I hope anybody can get some time and interest for this repaint.
PS: mcnobody, nice for you :-)
Posted 30 August 2012 - 08:45 AM
Just a suggestion...nothing personal. You might want to sign your full name to your posts (required by forum rules). That might get you more responses to your request. Having just a nickname and no other information in your profile other than "Gender - Not Telling" comes across as being distant Just a thought and suggestion. It's up to you. Have a great day!