Sign in to follow this  
Tom Allensworth

Holger Sandmann voted Einstein Award

In all the fracas last week due to the advertising exploit issues and system fix, we totally forgot the user voting for the first ever Einstein Award. The community voted and the results are in! Holger Sandmann has been voted by his peers and community members the first recipient of this award. Congratulations Holger! Here is the text that accompanies the award and that you can read in Holger's award list.

"The AVSIM Community nominated and then voted Holger the Einstein Award for continuing brillance and focused contributions to our hobby. As a result of that vote and in recognition of many years of contributions to the hobby, we congratulate Holger on being the FIRST Einstein recipient. Dr. Albert Einstein was a person of brillance and possessed a singular focus on his interests. In the case of Dr. Einstein, it was physics. As this award is presented to Holger, it means the same; that a brillant and focused contributor to our hobby has been duly recognized and presented this award."

This post has been promoted to an article

Very well deserved it is too.

Arnie....if it ain't broke, don't fix it...

Now he has got what he's been dreaming of all these years, I don't suppose we'll be seeing much of him now. :(

Well done Holger, who needs a gold watch anyway?

:lol:

How long does it take for 'smug' to wear off after buying an EV?

"It’s easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled". Whoever said it wasn't wrong!

Congrads. To Mr. Holger. His work has made my life more enjoyable !

Way to go Holger. I really enjoy your Alps add-on in FS9, it makes a world of difference flying in that part of the world.

John

Congratulations Holger! Well done and well deserved!

It's great to see Holger being recognized for his outstanding contributions to the Avsim community. In addition to his creative talents, Holger is also one heck of a nice guy. Congratulations Holger. :Applause:

Congratulations Holger. I do not remember, for how many years I am enjoying your work already.

Bruno

Congratulations to Holger Sandmann. Well deserved and earned. The AVSIM community has made a great choice!

Mel

Remember Holger's early freeware BC work and his Columbia River Gorge with dams, riverboats, and water falls along with his incredible mesh? His continuing work with various commercial addons multiplies his contributions.

Congratulations Sir and thank you for your touch of genius.

Kind regards,

I've been enjoying your work on the Alps and Glacier Bay for years in FS9!

Congratulations Holger!

Hi all,

many thanks to the AVSIM team for the award and the community for your votes; much appreciated!

Given the typical short shelf life of software I find it amazing that people are still enjoying contributions of mine -- and many others -- from ten years ago. Similarly, from a (landscape) developer's perspective, it's quite astounding that the terrain engine, despite all its quirks, remains a very capable base on which to create add-ons, and not just "cookie-cutter" add-ons but stuff that includes more and innovative detail in each new round. IMO the real genius lay within the ACES team that designed and implemented such an open and clever platform for FS8, and its evolutionary refinements for FS9 and FSX.

The major change from previous FS versions is that in order to complete large projects at the level of detail and accuracy FSX allows, one needs half an anthill full of co-conspirators, and I'm hugely grateful to have found a whole bunch of highly talented and dependable colleagues that keep our collective creative juices flowing.

One question though: who was Albert Einstein and what did he ever do for us flightsimmers??? B)

Cheers, Holger