Sign in to follow this  
CryogenicPilot

DX10 Preview WITH Anti-Aliasing - SMAA Injector

Hey guys,

I'm also an ATI user. And I'd like to ask you some questions.

1. Is this the only way to enhance AA for DX10? Can't I enable AA in game and then use "enhance application settings" in CCC to get a better AA?

2. How do you set up the game and CCC? What scenery do you use? And what FPS do you get?

I'm using a HD 6970 2GB and set my in-game settings according to Word Not Allowed's guide, but with bloom turned on, highest water and a bit higher traffic settings. The add-ons I use are FTX NA Blue and REX Essential (with DX10 optimized texture enabled). With a resolution of 1280x1024, I only get a FPS slightly above 20 when spawning in the default flight.

P.S. My CPU is a 4GHz i7 920.

This is an automatic message.

This topic has been moved from "MS FSX Forum" to "DX-10 Discussions, Hints and Help". This move has been done for a number of possible reasons.

• The most likely reason is that the post was off topic.
  • The topic could also have contained images or a video that were not appropriate to the original forum it was posted in.
  • The images might not have been "illustrative" or "explanatory" in nature.
  • The topic could have been moved because we deemed it to be more appropriately placed elsewhere.

Please ensure that your posts are "on topic" and contain illustrative images or videos as appropriate. Do not post videos or images just for entertainment purposes anywhere but in the screen shot or video forums.

Members who continue to post off topic posts can be denied entry to specific forums in order to reduce and remove the practice. Your cooperation is appreciated.

___________________________________________________________________________________

Zachary Waddell -- Caravan Driver --

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/zwaddell

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules

I gave it a try with no result. No AA. I hope someday someone to make AA look like DX9.

I couldn't get this to work or see a difference.

I have an ATI 5850 card.

I had AA unchecked and DX10 enabled in FSX (as it stands already if i check off AA in FSX with DX10 my fps go from a locked 30 to 8).. I had tweaked CCC to give good AA results with DX9.. barely a shimmer.. sharp as nails..

Dx10 without this injector, using similar CC settings (unchecking use app settings etc) resulted in "distant" shimmering/jaggies.. not horrific but not great like with DX9, so I was hoping this trick would get around the AA issue with DX10.

I copied the 3 files directly into the FSX directory, ran as admin.. the log file was generated (No errors).. but I cant see a difference (I tried toggling the pause button just in case too).

So for now, May be stuck in DX9 land due to the "distant" jaggies.

MSI z690-a Unify; 1000 watt evga SuperNova Platinum; 12900kf at 1.255 adaptive LLC6, auto avx, auto Pcore, E-4.0ghz, Ring-4.1ghz, PL 241watt (Cine96c, games 83c case side On); DDR5 Gskill F5-6400J3239G16GA2-TZ5RS  at 6400mhz autovolt, Kraken x73 360mm; Thermaltake v51 Case; Gigabyte 4090 OC;  VR-Varjo Aero;  AstronomicallySpeaking:

RadeonPro will force vsync for ATI users in DX10 mode as well as do external fps limiting and SuperSample AA implementation provided AA is enabled in FSX while in DX10. This is on 6900 series cards and up I believe. Not sure about 5800 series and 6700 series. Definitely on 7900 series. I tested 7950 and 7970.

http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/60367-dx10-guide-for-atiamd-users-with-ssaavsync-enabled/#entry554145

Sorry for the thread resurrection.

C.

I gave it a try with no result. No AA. I hope someday someone to make AA look like DX9.

I'm using Steve's shader fixes and just the following settings to get very good AA in DX10:

FSX:                       AA = enable

in fsx.cfg:                MultiSamplesPerPixel=8   and  MultiSampleQuality=8

Nvidia Inspector:    8*Sparse Grid Supersampling  (nothing else neccessary!)

Really smooth and stable 30 fps (unlimited in fsx and 30fps-limited in Nvidia Inspector) everywhere i tested so far...

Give it a try if you didn't, nothing to loose   B)

Very nice, Tiberius.

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

TERRAIN_MAX_AUTOGEN_TREES_PER_CELL=4500
TERRAIN_MAX_AUTOGEN_BUILDINGS_PER_CELL=3000

Those settings are the default and should not be in your Fsx.cfg as that is automatically set for everyone.  The tweak and recommended settings are at this link and the ones I use - http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555739 (1000 trees and 800 buildings per cell).

Best regards,

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10