I would love to throw you a few links of what is in development, but unfortunately, part of the rules as a Commercial Member in Avsim is that I cannot make certain recommendations.

Too bad. But I suppose rules are rules.

The IXEG project is one of a few add ons being made that test the limits of realistic systems simulation and visual eye candy.

Yes, it does indeed look good in both visuals and systems. True the 3D model has not be started yet, but that is the part I put least accent on, while VC and systems are important for me, for immersion. I feel very excited about this project, especially as there is no classic to speak of for FS.

Of course, it is your choice whether you delve into X Plane or not, but think of it this way...every new person that gets X Plane is more of a chance that developers make quality stuff for it.

That is a fair point. Thing for me is, I dont feel motivated enough by aircraft add-ons to go and spend couple weeks getting to know the environment, getting sceneries, configuring, etc. Not yet anyway.

Sorry, forget the above!

Just delete the "X-Plane Binary" file inside your preferences folder!

That should do it.

Thanks for the tip. I panicked and reinstalled fresh before I got the chance to read that. Ah well, at least it's a clean slate, and saving all my scenery and acf was just a matter of moving the Custom Scenery and Aircraft folders to a backup folder.

"No matter how eloquent you are or how solidly and firm you've built your case, you will never win in an argument with an idiot, for he is too stupid to recognize his own defeat." ~Anonymous.

SSsoooo....

I hear this works with XPL9?

Is there anybody who flies FSX and XP and can compare the 777 with current top FSX addons, like the NGX? Is this finally that add-on that will make me get to fly XPL on a regular basis?

I am a user of PMDG products. I have the 747 and the NGX. They are absolutely brilliant, and probably better than this 777. I almost feel like they should be. Development of those birds went on for years and probably involved lots of people. This 777 is done by only two(?) in much less time than that. I bought the 777 the second I could. As it seems to function so-so using XPX beta (couldn't get the engines running...) I have for the time being "reverted" to 9.7.

And I got to say I *really* like this bird. They have made a stupendous effort. I have only had a couple of hours to play with it (can't wait to get home from work). Coming from PMDG FMS, setting this bird up for a short trip was a breeze. This will definitely get flown regularly.

Richard

7950x3d   |   32Gb 6000mHz RAM   |   8Tb NVme   |   RTX 4090    |    MSFS    |    P3D    |      XP12  

This looks really nice but the minimum scheduled flight time for a 777-200LR in my VA seems to be 4-5 hours which I just don't have time to do.

An A318-321 Airbus of the same quality would be fantastic or a 737 NG with a VC.

This looks really nice but the minimum scheduled flight time for a 777-200LR in my VA seems to be 4-5 hours which I just don't have time to do.

An A318-321 Airbus of the same quality would be fantastic or a 737 NG with a VC.

Who says you can't set it up for short flights? As of this post, I'm in the very short cruise portion of a KATL-KMCO hop. Or do you only fly VA routes? I should hope you don't treat simming like a job with no room for deviation!

"No matter how eloquent you are or how solidly and firm you've built your case, you will never win in an argument with an idiot, for he is too stupid to recognize his own defeat." ~Anonymous.

And I got to say I *really* like this bird. They have made a stupendous effort. I have only had a couple of hours to play with it (can't wait to get home from work). Coming from PMDG FMS, setting this bird up for a short trip was a breeze. This will definitely get flown regularly.

Thanks. Sounds like I will go ahead and give it a try then.

Who says you can't set it up for short flights? As of this post, I'm in the very short cruise portion of a KATL-KMCO hop. Or do you only fly VA routes? I should hope you don't treat simming like a job with no room for deviation!

I don't but most of my flights are for my VA, so I'm not going to lay out a lot of cash on a long hauler if there's little value for me, however good it is. :wink:

Thanks for the tip. I panicked and reinstalled fresh before I got the chance to read that. Ah well, at least it's a clean slate, and saving all my scenery and acf was just a matter of moving the Custom Scenery and Aircraft folders to a backup folder.

OK.

I'll try to be faster next time :wink:

You got it back working, that's the main thing.

Thanks gor your answer Goran.

I am well aware, but, simply put, I have no interest in buying another "lemon" of an add-on. The set of airplanes that is available in quality that I consider high enough for me to enjoy is big enough that I feel no need to not limit myself, and I do not have to endure things like SP 0.6

I can not really keep myself "current" in more than 2-3 airliners (currently the 737, the MD-82, the PT154), 1-2 regionals (currently JS41) and some GA planes and warbirds anyway, so there is little point for me to invest in every other add-on. I still have several other favourites that I cycle in/out from time to time.

I understand that, of course. I do a bit of my own things here and there to realize how consuming is the process, especially if it is on a hobby part rather than professional endeavour.

The same can be said about MSFS market, to an extent. I understand that J Rollons CRJ is quite good, and in all fairness, if it was for FSX, I would probably own it now, I quite like the Felis An-24 (havent flown the Yak yet) and I follow IXEG with great interest. I am just trying to figure out whether it is time to delve into XPL full speed, or not yet.

This is a little off-topic! The OP is about the 777. Post your questions separately in another post. Thanks!

Jim Young

Forum Moderator

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

WOW!!! That Overhead panel looks incredibly detailed in that cockpit shot,Thx Georges.

100%75%50%d8a34be0e82d98b5a45ff4336cd0dddc

0D8701AB-1210-4FF8-BD6C-309792740F81.gif

Patrick

Looks good, and the type of aircraft addons XP needs. One thing I don't like is the visible TOGA switch on the MCP! While The Toga switch needs to be there due to the limitations of a computer monitor, It would have been better if it was hidden, (Like the upper screw like PMDG does) rather then putting a fictional visible switch in.

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

Anyone know anything about a release date for the patch? I have encountered some of the most common issues and they are starting to annoy me. :(

Skickat från min GT-I9300 via Tapatalk 2

Richard

7950x3d   |   32Gb 6000mHz RAM   |   8Tb NVme   |   RTX 4090    |    MSFS    |    P3D    |      XP12