Sign in to follow this  
FIVE-BY-FIVE

Simulating road traffic for FS9

any payware addons or free downloads out there than can simulate car traffic on the roads like fsx? With todays fast intel & amd chips, it would be nice. Payware addon airports do an awesome job in simulating this.

That would be great thou the global roads needs to be improved. FPS hit is not an issue anymore for current fs9 users, i'd love to that comes true. And perhaps, boats.. Ha!

The next best thing for road traffic for FS 2004....

Avsim:

bernd'sroadtraffic_v1.0.zip

http://library.avsim...=root&Go=Search

For FS 2002, but also works in FS 2004!

Replaces the default roads with new roads containing coloured, stationary "vehicles" *.. B) ...!

Looks good from the air, and at least the roads don't look "bare" any more!

I use it in all my FS 2004 installations!

It also works with UT: "Ultimate Terrain".

Give it a try...(back up your default first). I reckon its the best we can get!

Paul...Road runner...Meep-meep....Big%20Grin.gif ...!

* Note: A certain degree of imagination is required... :Whistle: ...!

Animated road traffic in the global sense does not seem possible in FS9.

I am not a programmer, but I am afraid FS9 did not have it coded, so to get it you need to do not only animation but also kind of AFCAD files to tell the vehicles where to go.

It is included by some payware developers in a close area around the airport (e.g. around German Airport team's masterpieces).

It seems easier to be simulated at night since then it is just an animated light effect. You can see it in the old classic VOZ Vista Australis scenery (see 00:20 in this video):

One guy also made some traffic for part of northern Germany: http://www.fs2000.or...c_details/30773

But it would be a tedious work to match all world's roads, especially that some people do have UT road systems, others don't.

Anyway if someone full of genius creates a mechanism which allows that, I will certainly pay for it in no time.

In FSX it kills frames (like most things added for who knows who), but I guess it wouldn't hurt much in FS9.

Interestingly...

The default, moving road traffic in FSX doesn't mix very well with the; "Ultimate Terrain" road system.

The FSX traffic follows the default "roadway" system, which often conflicts with the more accurate UT roadway system. The default FSX traffic proceeds on its own merry, pre-programmed direction, often ignoring UT altogether!

Paul... :Bug: ...!

Yeah that's why I turned them off. I miss them but seeing them climb cliffs liked it for me.

I use a file from the russian AVsim site, it simulates the UT 3D lights for the rest of the world and also adds moving lights on all the roads around the globe at night, during the day it adds non moving trucks and cars on the road.

I really like it, and it adds a huge amount of immersion at night. Especially when combined with UT Europe's 3D lights

Sorry cant remember the name of the file tho.

Regards

Rob Prest

I use a file from the russian AVsim site

Go to

http://www.unnt.ru/meeee/

Scroll down to "Scenery updates" and click on the line

- Апдейт для дефолтных дорог FS9. Добавляет автомобили и ночное освещение.

(I realize that this is the link already)

Although not from avsim.su directly, it should be quite the thing Rob writes about.

Beware of that the cars drive on the left...

Harald Geyer
   Gründer der Messerschmitt Freunde Dresden v. V.

lYI9iQV.jpg

Go to

Although not from avsim.su directly, it should be quite the thing Rob writes about.

any payware addons or free downloads out there than can simulate car traffic on the roads like fsx? With todays fast intel & amd chips, it would be nice. Payware addon airports do an awesome job in simulating this.

:o :lol: my 1st spelling error "than" was supposed to be "that"........oh well it was a friday night, i was wasted :LMAO: :Silly:

You are welcome, finally I know what I learned a little bit of Russian for at school...

Harald Geyer

lYI9iQV.jpg

Go to

Thanks!! :)

Go to

I installed them and do not like the floating lights around the city, how do I remove this? I removed all the files that the rar had and put back the backed up copies before the install, however the floating lights are still there now.

Asus Tuf Gaming Plus B550 - Asus Ryzen 9 5800X3D - Asus GeForce 4080 RTX OC Edition - 64GB DDR4 Ram 3600Mhz - EVGA 850W Power Supply - 2X 1 TB NVME PCIE gen 4 - Windows 10

Hi Bill,

what do you mean with "floating lights" (could you please post a screenshot)?

Thanks

Harald

Harald Geyer

lYI9iQV.jpg

Lights shouldn't be floating. It add's actual 3D street light's on all the major highway's and roads. Bill, if you backed up there shouldn't be a problem. You must be missing something.

Rob Prest

Here is a screenshot of what it looks at night after the installation.

Asus Tuf Gaming Plus B550 - Asus Ryzen 9 5800X3D - Asus GeForce 4080 RTX OC Edition - 64GB DDR4 Ram 3600Mhz - EVGA 850W Power Supply - 2X 1 TB NVME PCIE gen 4 - Windows 10