Sign in to follow this  
rcichella

Problem Loading J41

Hi everyone,

I just downloaded the PMDG J41 and installed it on my computer. When the aircraft is chosen on the pre flight FSX menu, you can start hearing cockpit sounds even before the aircraft has loaded in the flight. Once loaded, the avionics are not displaying and the throttles won't move up or down. Even if you turn on and off the avionics switches, the displays will remain in black (including the FMS). I tried uninstalling and installing again but the problem remains. Just in case, I'm running on Vista 64 Bit.

Please somebody help.

Thanks

Hi everyone,

I just downloaded the PMDG J41 and installed it on my computer. When the aircraft is chosen on the pre flight FSX menu, you can start hearing cockpit sounds even before the aircraft has loaded in the flight. Once loaded, the avionics are not displaying and the throttles won't move up or down. Even if you turn on and off the avionics switches, the displays will remain in black (including the FMS). I tried uninstalling and installing again but the problem remains. Just in case, I'm running on Vista 64 Bit.

Please somebody help.

Thanks

Sorry I meant to say Windows 7 64 Bit

Have to ask. Are you actually tying to press the "on" button on the FMS? It won't come on along with the rest of your avionics by itself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You have to load a default aircraft and then start the FSX environment. Once you've done that you can load the J41.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

Have you powered up the aircraft? The avionics won't come on until you are under ground power, or have an engine running along with its generator.

Hans Soule

Did you activate the J41? Try minimizing FSX and there may be a window asking you for the license key. You can find that in the email you received with the download link.

Kenny Lee
"Keep climbing"
pmdg_trijet.jpg

Sounds like what kenny has suggested an activation issue, since even with out power the throttles still should be able to move, still if problem continues submit a support ticket in

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Did you activate the J41? Try minimizing FSX and there may be a window asking you for the license key. You can find that in the email you received with the download link.

Hello Kenny thanks for your answer. I indeed registered the airplane with the code sent to my email after buying the aircraft, This is not my first PMDG so this is why I found it unsual. What else do you think could be happening?

Have you powered up the aircraft? The avionics won't come on until you are under ground power, or have an engine running along with its generator.

Actually the aircraft loads with both engines running. Generators and avionics switches are turned on from the very beginning. I even tried connecting to ground power but the problem persisted.

Have to ask. Are you actually tying to press the "on" button on the FMS? It won't come on along with the rest of your avionics by itself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes I tried pressing the on button but it remains off

You have to load a default aircraft and then start the FSX environment. Once you've done that you can load the J41.

Thank you Gregg. I will try this and get back to you with results.

Hello Everyone,

After doing everything you have told me the aircraft still doesn't work at all. The throttles will not move up or down and the avionics displays won't come alive. What is the problem? Please help on this.

Thanks

Have you loaded the JS41 default flight? If so, and starting with the Cessna (or the air trike) then switching to the JS41 doesn't work, I don't know where else to go except a refund. Try switching from the Cessna both cold & dark, and with Cessna engines/electric running

Hans Soule

You do have to load it after loading another aircraft. That's a known FSX limitation. You are following the tutorial, yes? If it doesn't work, I'd open a ticket with PMDG.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

Are you sure you used the correct code for activation?

AFAIK, it's not the same code as your purchase number.

You may have used the incorrect code.

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020