Sign in to follow this  
jb17011

The End of Flight?

You've been in the team Kevin and you know how much time, money and energy it takes to make a flight sim but you'd agree with me that it's not an impossible task. No matter how much time it would take, I bet there will be some people who'll still devote themselves to the hobby they believe in and used to make their living out of.

X-Plane 10 has a shelf-life of probably 3 to 5-years before we'll start to hear rumblings about X-Plane 11. A dedicated developer could probably get something done in that time and give Laminar Research some competition.

Cascade Game Foundry is made of Train Sim people, not Flight Sim. I also dont think they have gotten proper funding, as I havent heard anything from them in ages.

No they're still in business, their latest statement was June 2012 where they state their first product is doing well, and are looking for Game Testers. From the looks of things, it looks like they are planning a Train Sim, Flight sim and a Diving sim, it doesn't state which will be first! From the screenshot banners it looks like it will either be the train or diving sim, as their are no flightsim screenshots yet

http://www.cascadegamefoundry.com/

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

X-Plane 10 has a shelf-life of probably 3 to 5-years before we'll start to hear rumblings about X-Plane 11. A dedicated developer could probably get something done in that time and give Laminar Research some competition.

Agree. I think X-plane will catch up if Laminar Research make a better graphics engine (like Flight's one) and a more friendly GUI. it might have a shelf life longer than 5 years since it's constantly updated before it becomes stable and meanwhile the X-plane add on market will grow and mature, too. Until then who knows? life is full of surprises :)

Adnane.

if Laminar Research make a better graphics engine

Hello

The don't need a better graphics engine, the one the have is fine, what they do desperately need is better art assets

and a more friendly GUI.

They have already made a start on this in the last beta release, you could never call it beautiful, but its a start in the right direction.

Agree. I think X-plane will catch up if Laminar Research make a better graphics engine (like Flight's one) and a more friendly GUI. it might have a shelf life longer than 5 years since it's constantly updated before it becomes stable and meanwhile the X-plane add on market will grow and mature, too. Until then who knows? life is full of surprises :)

Adnane.

Actually the graphic engine since the 10.10 betas is very good, it's the content that is the issue (ie: "Plausible World" concept.) What XP10 needs which 3rd parties are beginning to take care of is a more realistic world with appropriate placed scenery based on land class, and recognizable landmarks, in the big cities, as well as airports. The only other thing XP10 needs at this point is a better ATC/AI system. One that can handle more than 20 aircraft, and place them by schedule vs randomly.

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

Ok, enough about X-Plane. We have a complete subsection for X-Plane on AVSIM: feel free to talk about it further there. And since the OP question has been answered by now I am locking this thread.