Sign in to follow this  
Ben Cap

Windows 8 and FSX

I dont get how all of u have problems with 8.1. For me its the opposite and windows 7 is my problem lol so i just decided to stick wit 8 runs perfectly

IMPORTANT: a must tweak for all Win 8.1 users!

(especially if you have problems with loading your plane with RXP FLT&FLN or EzDok):

I suspect this is going to solve many problems experienced in Win8 compared to Win7.

Eliminate "automatic reporting" option:

http://blog.laptopmag.com/disable-error-reporting-windows

This solution has been found by "Frank" in SimForums:

http://www.simforums.com/forums/fsx-hangs-on-aircraft-load-flt-fln-gns-430_topic48228_page1.html

Just bought a new computer with Win. 8.1 and I am experiencing the same problems others appear to have had with the controller dropping out after a few mins.  Initially the T16000 and CH throttle quadrant work fine but then they drop out and I'm left with the "mouse as yoke" selection and I can't get back to the controllers without restarting the whole sim.  Often occurs after I have been cycling through the view selections but has also occurred randomly.  Very frustrating.

If anyone has any workarounds that don't involve FSUIPC, I'd be really interested.

ron

I'm having a serious problem with installing FS-X on my Win 8.1 system. It had been working fine for many months but I had to refresh my OS because of another issue and FS-X said it was missing files. So I am trying to re-install it from the disks but it at the end of disk 2, it give me an error that I can not solve. First I get a system error 1722 and then 1605 saying the install shield has had a problem and has stopped working or something similar. It's very frustrating to say the least! Any help welcome.