Sign in to follow this  
drewsaw2

Disabling ATIS text

Is there a way to disable the atis text box?

CPU: i7-9700KF stable @ 5.0GHz | MOBO: ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero | GPU: ASUS GTX 1080 Ti @ stock | RAM: G. Skill Trident Z 32GB (2x16GB) 3200Mhz | PSU: Corsair RM850x 80 Plus | COOLING: Deepcool Castle 240 AIO | PANEL: 27" @ 1080p

Thanks Dimitri, but that didn't help. I'm not looking to disable ATIS entirely, I just don't want the text because it causes some stutters.

CPU: i7-9700KF stable @ 5.0GHz | MOBO: ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero | GPU: ASUS GTX 1080 Ti @ stock | RAM: G. Skill Trident Z 32GB (2x16GB) 3200Mhz | PSU: Corsair RM850x 80 Plus | COOLING: Deepcool Castle 240 AIO | PANEL: 27" @ 1080p

I'm not in front of my machine right now, but there is a spot in the options where you can choose to have the message appear. I forget exactly where, but take a look at the settings and maybe you'll find it.

[ This Content Is Restricted To Avsim Premium Members ]

Thanks Dimitri, but that didn't help. I'm not looking to disable ATIS entirely, I just don't want the text because it causes some stutters.

The DEFAULT text display SCROLLS. This is probably the cause of your stutter.

OPTIONS | SETTING | DISPLAY

Bottom Right, select "SINGLE LINE"

The text will still appear, but it will NOT be in a slow, continuous SCROLL, that could contribute to your stutter,

In Settings/ General, uncheck the "show message log in ATC menu".

This will disable ATIS scroll, and you will not have any displayed voice history log.

Try it; you can always revert back.

Cheers

Larry

IIRC, you can still see the ATC text in your kneeboard's Messages section even if you disable it in the ATC menu window, but I don't think it has the ATIS text.

Barry Friedman