Sign in to follow this  
aceridgey

NGX - Slow refresh rates

Hi guys,

Wondering if there will be a fix to this one day.

Basically the animations [in an effort to save performance I presume] look very slow.

This is more obvious looking at the engines when they are spooled up. The fans don't look like they spin at speed, and you can physically see the graphical refresh cycle every second or so, doesn't look pretty.

Also flaps, spoilers etc are very slow and look like they deploy at 4-5fps :P.

Any future update planned to address this?

Alex

Alex Ridge

Join Fswakevortex here! YOUTUBE and FACEBOOK

Not noticed this on my system. Although I pay more attention to the inside of the cockpit.

Never noticed any of the above, especially concerning the engines. To be honest I rarelly look at the flaps WHILST they extend as this usually coincides with high work load situations and my eyes are in the cockpit but never noticed this slow fps anyway.

Are you sure this is not pc performance related? I'm aware that PMDG takes great pride, quite right too, in their animations and I can't really see them improving performance at the expense of such obvious animations.

Matteo Capocefalo

MED1473

Never noticed any of the above, especially concerning the engines. To be honest I rarelly look at the flaps WHILST they extend as this usually coincides with high work load situations and my eyes are in the cockpit but never noticed this slow fps anyway.

Are you sure this is not pc performance related? I'm aware that PMDG takes great pride, quite right too, in their animations and I can't really see them improving performance at the expense of such obvious animations.

Matteo Capocefalo

MED1473

Positive, Ilock the fps at 30,

I know a couple of people who have had long discussions with the support at PMDG and they say it is to cut fps,

The fan blades jutter and the spoilers and flaps are not smooth and fluid.

Alex Ridge

I think it's an acceptable tradeoff then. I'd rather have the FPS. Thanks for the info.

But people generally don't get performance issues in the spot/external views

Alex Ridge

But people generally don't get performance issues in the spot/external views

True, however, I was under the impression it was all tied together. It doesn't matter if you're watching them or not, they're consuming animations and power. Smoothing the flap extensions and retractions might be very cpu intensive(?) and take away much needed frames upfront. I could be wrong but that's the gist I got.

Cheers

True, however, I was under the impression it was all tied together. It doesn't matter if you're watching them or not, they're consuming animations and power. Smoothing the flap extensions and retractions might be very cpu intensive(?) and take away much needed frames upfront. I could be wrong but that's the gist I got.

Cheers

I am not sure,

If you use EZCA, you will notice that when you try and get back from spot to vc you will see a big white box which has the cockpit in side, with he wings [no engines]/

I would guess hat this means that there would not be a vc hit, with more complex things going on outside

Alex Ridge

If you use EZCA, you will notice that when you try and get back from spot to vc you will see a big white box which has the cockpit in side, with he wings [no engines]/

I have been using EZCA and NGX since released respectively, and have never seen a white box going from spot to VC.AAnd no performance hit afterwards.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

He means if you zoom way out from the VC view, you will see a white PMDG box. I think it's part of the HUD implementation.

Perhaps there could be a switcher like with the hi-poly/low-poly VC etc (or textures, can't remember).

That's something I noticed from day 1 RE the animation lag, I'd love to see smooth control surfaces!

Matt Davies

Founder/CEO - Mettar Simulations

=====
Prepar3D Tweak Assistant (PTA) available here: https://www.simtweaks.com
projectFLY - one of the most used virtual aviation platforms (now with GLOBAL schedules):  https://www.projectfly.co.uk

No guys,

Simple test is to restore your ezdok camera to default, then try and fly in the ngx..

Anyway, we are going slightly off topic ;)

Perhaps there could be a switcher like with the hi-poly/low-poly VC etc (or textures, can't remember).

That's something I noticed from day 1 RE the animation lag, I'd love to see smooth control surfaces!

+1

Alex Ridge