Sign in to follow this  
BimmerCop

3770K de-lidded + Liquid Metal Ultra results...

Hello Efrain,

will you not forget me with the overall bios settings.

next week my comp shop will built my new computer and I asked them to put the liquid ultra on the processor and h100.

than I have to fill in the bios but dont know which one I have to change from the default.

I was looking at 4.8 ghz stable 80 degrees or so.

with a 3770k and mobo asusP8z77-v premium

Oh ok. Do you have AIDA64? If so, can you run the memory benchmark and post the results?

Here is a test on my New build its 100% in IBT @5.4 think 5.5 is possible after some tuning.

Kind Regards / Hasse

27.0.png

I build it my self only buy the Evap without socket kit.

the cost for me include used Chassi and Evap 300 bucks

Hasse

Here is a test on my New build its 100% in IBT @5.4 think 5.5 is possible after some tuning.

Kind Regards / Hasse

27.0.png

Now, THAT'S what I'm talking about, hardcore overclocking for FSX.. two :good:

Can you tell us exactly what you got (components for the SS) and where you got them?

Thank you.

Read this thread and was happy to contemplate de-lidding, then read this thread and am having second thoughts. A pretty high casualty rate.

People that are using knives and box cutters to de-lid their Ivy Bridges are using the wrong tools. I've successfully de-lidded 4 Ivy Bridges personally with zero damage or side effects. If people are killing theirs, THEY'RE DOING IT WRONG!

People that are using knives and box cutters to de-lid their Ivy Bridges are using the wrong tools. I've successfully de-lidded 4 Ivy Bridges personally with zero damage or side effects. If people are killing theirs, THEY'RE DOING IT WRONG!

Exactly! I've seen a video where a guy used a pocket knife and a hammer. Effin insane!

- Grammar *censored*, this was sent from my phone.

Regards,

Efrain Ruiz
LiveDISPATCH @ http://www.livedispatch.org (CLOSED) ☹️

<br />Can you tell us exactly what you got (components for the SS) and where you got them?<br />

The components ar: Compressor Danfoss NL11F , Condenser 2 from Vapochill LS and 2 120mm fans Push and Pull,

Evap buy it from Dimas ( very nice one).

After tuning the Cap tube lengt its hold -38C with 250W-300W load refrig R507 blended.

Iam not going for big numbers a did some test with 1,58V no problems. Nobody nows how the 3770 degenerate and safe volts ,

a have two options, a begin to run the CPU @5.15ghz with 1.43V and later @5.3 with 1,50V not want to go higer for now 24/7.

Tech do you know if Liquid ultra works with zubzero cooling a only have MX2 know.

Kind Regards / Hasse

THE cpu shall be 5.15 not 5.09 forgot to chnge it.

prime-5150.gifSS-55.5.gif

The components ar: Compressor Danfoss NL11F , Condenser 2 from Vapochill LS and 2 120mm fans Push and Pull,

Evap buy it from Dimas ( very nice one).

After tuning the Cap tube lengt its hold -38C with 250W-300W load refrig R507 blended.

Iam not going for big numbers a did some test with 1,58V no problems. Nobody nows how the 3770 degenerate and safe volts ,

a have two options, a begin to run the CPU @5.15ghz with 1.43V and later @5.3 with 1,50V not want to go higer for now 24/7.

Tech do you know if Liquid ultra works with zubzero cooling a only have MX2 know.

Kind Regards / Hasse

THE cpu shall be 5.15 not 5.09 forgot to chnge it.

prime-5150.gifSS-55.5.gif

Nice setup, congrats and especially on the pricing, wow! Liquid metal TIMs are unlikely to work in sub zero, stick to MX or Ceramuque.

Impressive, very impressive... But:

With these awesome Ivy B. clocks/RAM speeds etc. - will FSX then be stutterfree, autogenpopup free, CTD free, OOM free, blurry free, I mean totally free and fluid like a new sim?

I doubt it...

It seems to me that you clever folks are more into the hardware tweaking/upgrading/clocking thing than actually flying FSX, right Dazz, Westman and TechguyMaxC?!

Impressive, very impressive... But:

With these awesome Ivy B. clocks/RAM speeds etc. - will FSX then be stutterfree, autogenpopup free, CTD free, OOM free, blurry free, I mean totally free and fluid like a new sim?

I doubt it...

It seems to me that you clever folks are more into the hardware tweaking/upgrading/clocking thing than actually flying FSX, right Dazz, Westman and TechguyMaxC?!

I can't speak for the other guys, but I'm still setting my system up and getting adjusted to married life. I suppose if I weren't married I would be flying already. I like hardware, tweaking and modding are great fun also, the whole process is enjoyable for me. As for performance, I've setup many an FS box in my day and I've yet to encounter anything faster, smoother, or with less pop-up than what I'm running now. Hasse likely has a leg up on me with that cooling so his experience is probably even better than mine.

I can't speak for the other guys, but I'm still setting my system up and getting adjusted to married life. I suppose if I weren't married I would be flying already. I like hardware, tweaking and modding are great fun also, the whole process is enjoyable for me. As for performance, I've setup many an FS box in my day and I've yet to encounter anything faster, smoother, or with less pop-up than what I'm running now. Hasse likely has a leg up on me with that cooling so his experience is probably even better than mine.

After 21 years, I'm still getting used to married life! LOL

I'm on the same boat as Tech and Hasse... Been overclocking since the Intel 486 DX40 days! As for fluidity, I have to say I have never seen FSX run so smooth and this is with all sliders to the right. I think with today's hardware, finally, we are able to enjoy FSX the way it was supposed to be.

Regards,

Efrain Ruiz
LiveDISPATCH @ http://www.livedispatch.org (CLOSED) ☹️