Sign in to follow this  
AFL581

Polar Navigation Option

Hi everyone.

Does anyone know if PMDG is planing to bring to 737 Polar Navigation option to the 737NGX as a selected option from the FMC ?

I do get to simulate a lot of flight above 82 North and as per Boeing flight manual , the maximum flight operating latitude is 82°N and 82°S except for some regions.

Maybe it will come with the 777 update or with a future BBJ expension.

Your thoughts ?

AFL581

I brought up a True/Mag heading selector switch and the Polar Operations options a while ago. This so I could operate my NGX beyond Yellowknife and Iqaluit. I was politely told by Ryan that it wasn't an option prolific enough for inclusion in the NGX.

Not a biggie as most stuff north here in Canada is gravel anyways, which is a no-no for the NG's. May be different in Russia.

Yes, I saw that post a while ago.

I don't know if it takes that much work to incorporate it from the 777 for exemple. It is strange because the modeled the short field option and the flight test one.

Anyway, I love my 737NGX :) It just behave strange above 82°33 North and instead of the recommended LNAV I have to go with HGD SEL.

Regards

I just found a post saying that PMDG will make a BBJ model for the NGX, so =) this will obviously be included.

Cheers