Sign in to follow this  
revporl

Two Installations on same machine?

Hiya,

I've been using RC4 on FS9 for a number of years and I've recently installed Prepar3D as well. I would like to use RC with P3D, do I need to install it again and get another activation key? Do I need to buy it again? How does it work?

Thanks,

Paul

Hi Paul,

You don't need a new key and you certainly don't need to buy it again.

The easiest solution is to make a copy of the entire RC4 folder and all its contents and rename the folder as RC4P3D. Create a new shortcut to RCv4.exe for P3D and then alter the paths to the location of the folder containing your pln files and the location of the FS executable. I'm not sure what that would be but you probably do. I'm still running FS9!

You will also need to run the Scenery Update option and confirm the path to the root P3D folder if prompted. That should be it. Give it a shot and come back with any questions if it doesn't work.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Thanks for that, Ray.

I created a copy and changed the paths as requested. The 2nd copy of RC4 boots fine. I also reinstalled FSCUIP in the modules folder of P3D as I thought that this would be required to link the FS to RC4. However, P3D now will not boot up at all. I was running FSX toP3D converter when I installed FSCUIP, I don't know if this is what has caused the issue. I removed FSCUIP from modules folder, but still won't boot so reinstalling whole thing.

Is it FSCUIP which has caused the problem do you think?

Thanks,

Paul

Hi Paul,

I have no knowledge of P3D unfortunately but I'd be surprised if adding FSUIPC to the modules folder would prevent it booting up.

Looking in the Unofficial P3D Forum Michael Swannick has got RC4 running but doesn't say how. You might want to read and post in this topic. http://forum.avsim.net/topic/349667-fsxp3d-environment-compatibility-questions-and-issues/

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Hi Ray,

Thanks again. I've downloaded and installed the latest FSUIPC which has installed fine on my reinstalled P3D. However, Radar contact, although running, does not appear in P3D. When you say

alter the paths to the location of the folder containing your pln files and the location of the FS executable

I've changed the location of where the pln's are stored. Where do I change the location of the FS executable, is it within RC4 or is there some kind of config file to tweak here?

Thanks,

Paul

PS I've posted in that other forum too.

why do you need two installations? if you have fs9 and fsx, the rc installer creates two directories for you

jd

I've just added P3D after only having FS9 running with RC4, hence the question about reinstallation at the start

Have now got it to work, however, FSUIPC is now stopping my Saitek Yoke working, but only when taxiing, although F3D is set up to control it, not FSUIPC. If it's not one thing, it's another!

http://forum.simflight.com/topic/66139-updated-modules/

and be sure FSUIPC4 is current. Are you using FSUIPC as your yoke driver or are you using a driver supplied by Saitek. A user paid registration will let FSUIPC do your control mapping to FS directly for many control products. See the release notes on any update regarding P3D to see if it is control compatible.

(OT for this forum. :) )