Sign in to follow this  
Matthew Kane

Any ideas what this object might be?

I took this picture last Saturday morning (11-August) from State Highway 1 of Mount Ruapehu. Noticed this morning the object in the sky on the left side of the photograph. Did a zoom in with Windows Paint to try and make out what it might be.

Anyone have any ideas???

001.jpg

UFO.jpg

Matthew Kane

An African swallow that swallowed his coconut?

Without knowing how far away it is it's impossible to say. It could be a leaf or a feather or something similar drifting through the camera's field of view 50 or so yards away that you wouldn't have noticed at the time.

Or it could be the Martians, hacked off that we're dumping cars on their world without asking .. :lol:

. . . there are websites, though, that would be all agog at that pic. You should send it to one of them -- they'd be thrilled :lol:

Well, judging by the shape, the estimated speed, the height above the ground and the time of the day, I can honestly say that I have no idea. :o

I forgot to mention the area it is flying over is a miitary training base so I was thinking either a bird or a small drone type aircraft that I haven't seen yet.

New Zealand army and the US Army does training in this area due to its desert terrain back there. I met a few American solders a few months ago on leave in Wellintgton, they had a great time training here.

Where I took the picture has signs that say not to wander off the road due to live amunition training so I am thinking it is something military.

Cheers

Matthew Kane

Possibly one of these (RQ-84 AreoHawk) shot from behind on an angle:

AeroHawk-UAS.jpg

We do have them in NZ and this object was flying over military training area.

Not sure what the Americans have here with their training equipment so it could be something American as well.

Cheers

Matthew Kane

It looks like the rear end of a kiwi to me.

Kiwi's don't fly...LOL

I am pretty sure it was a UAV over Waioura Military Camp at this point.

Cheers

Matthew Kane

Possibly one of these (RQ-84 AreoHawk) shot from behind on an angle:

AeroHawk-UAS.jpg

We do have them in NZ and this object was flying over military training area.

Not sure what the Americans have here with their training equipment so it could be something American as well.

Ah, the thing marking Kim Schmitz' location. :lol: Makes sense.