Sign in to follow this  
Xtremme

ILS CAT III C conditions with default weather engine

CAT III C isn't actually used anywhere in the world. It's basically for zero visibility, there is no decision height and no RVR minimum. So I guess you could drop the visibility to as low as it will go and use that, but good luck finding the taxiways :)

CAT III B requires 50m visibility and a 50 foot ceiling.

CAT III C isn't actually used anywhere in the world.

I don't see how that can stop me recreating the weather conditions in the simulator.

What will stop you, Javier, is the sim's inability to measure weather/visibility distances of less than 1/16 of a mile.

Start off by selecting "User-defined" weather in the Weather setup area -> Customize -> Advanced Weather. Here you have four menus which you can play with, and will easily get that 400' base that you need.You can set up say, four consecutive blocks of 8/8 overcast Cumulus, with a base of 400, and tops at 7 or 8000' - modify the thicknes as you learn how the "Visibilty" menu works: it's similar to "Clouds", but you need to remember that it measures vertical visibility, too. i.e. If you set up a base of 400, tops at 100, and you're flying at 1200, but have set the visibility to1/4 mile - then you can still see the ground quite clearly, because1/4 mile is just over 1300'. You need to go through a few trial and error steps to get it right, but I found this type of flying was enormously rewarding - particularly if you have the Orbx PNW, Shade and maybe ENB Series. I know it's "just a sim", but I will never forget landing from the west into Fairchild KCLM at dusk - and seeing all the slowly appearing buildings lighting up in in the descent out of the cloud - all bathed in a gorgeous and slightly misty sunset... It was magic!

You can try AussieWeather, too. It has a goodly number of preset weather scenarios that lend themselves well for them kind of flying. https://dl.dropbox.c...6345/ausiwx.zip

Cheers!

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.