Sign in to follow this  
The-Ultimate

Lionheart Robin DR400 / 180 Launched

Fabian,

thanks for the info. I am curious about this one.

Looks gorgeous so I hope it can live up to its looks when it comes to flying it...

This one is certainly one for my wishlist for the holidays.

Luc Brusselmans

Belgium

Hello !

This Robin DR-400 has first been created for X-Plane by XPFR and has been distributed as a free open-source add-on under the GNU General Public License.

For the real author it was very easy to recognize his original work. You can even find the XPFR logo on the dr400_inside.dds texture.

Screenshots here:

http://www.x-plane.fr/thread50512.html

http://www.libertysim.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=37487&start=40#p303276

A sad story...

A sad story...

Hello

why is it sad ?

well Lionheart creations has not infringed the GNU, a person called Eric Levi has by putting the 3d max model up on turbosquid and selling it on there.

-Paul-

Looking at what Eric Levi is also selling, it looks like he is selling the Justflight Cessna 152 model as well, but he may have the Carenado C208 as well, well i would say the 152 is 100% justflight and im 90% sure the C208 is the carenado one.

-Paul-

Looking at what Eric Levi is also selling, it looks like he is selling the Justflight Cessna 152 model as well, but he may have the Carenado C208 as well, well i would say the 152 is 100% justflight and im 90% sure the C208 is the carenado one.

I think every FS/X-Plane/FlightGear developer should check the files available on TurboSquid. :unsure:

http://www.turbosquid.com/Search/Artists/Eric.Levi

Robin DR-400 and Socata MS893 have been made by Beber @ XPFR.

well i would say the 152 is 100% justflight

Hi Gandy,

What makes you 100% sure?

Thanks

Martyn

Martyn - Just Flight

Hi Gandy,

What makes you 100% sure?

Thanks

Martyn

Look at the interior of the model, it looks like the fsinsider 152 textures, when you remove the pilot, plus around the model there is features on the 152 that is identical to the JF one.

All the dirt marking and wear are in the same places, some paint/model defects that are on the JF 152 ( like stretched textures ) are also on the other one and they match in shape and location.

with what i see on the Eric Levi one i could play spot the difference between the two.

-Paul-

I believe Eric Levi has an Area 51 model as well :(

I did email Justflight this morning but im unsure if i should email the others as well so they can look in to it as im not 100% sure on the others.

-Paul-

Doesn't the Mudry CAP 10 look like the Samdim Design one, too? :(

Doesn't the Mudry CAP 10 look like the Samdim Design one, too? :(

It does a bit but you need to compare the defects in the paint decals and model between the two, if they all start to match up then the chances of it being the same go up.

-Paul-

That was me being too quick. They do indeed look the same at the first glance, but they're for sure not the same. Sorry for that one.

Regards,

Flo