Sign in to follow this  
alyzar

Removing VC and Cabin in Wilco ERJ's

I know this was an older post but I have a question concering the taxi lights.

From Older post:

By Opa "I found the following information from an old forum post which I had saved in my "stack of stuff".:Perhaps it will be useful - but I have never tried it myself.quoteYes, you can! As far as removing the VC from the A/C model is concerned, it is perfectly possible and actually quite simple to do, involving only a hex editor and two changes to the aircraft.mdl file.A good hex editor can be found here (Hex Workshop 4.1 - shareware but fully functional for long enough to get the job done and then some):http://www.bpsoft.com/downloads/Open the mdl file you want to edit and search for the following hex value: 0022003900In the first two occurences of that string, simply change the 39 in 0022003900 to 00. It should now look like this: 0022000000. Save the changes, OK the creation of the backup file then exit Hex Workshop to test it out in MSFS.I have found that this works on mdl files created in GMAX, FSDS, and FSDS2. It works on the default FS9 A/C, including the new vintage models. It takes two minutes at the most to complete, and if a computer moron like me can do it, then anyone can, including chimpanzees. If you decide to go this route, be sure you use your new mdl file powers for good, not evil. end quoteHope that is useful."

By edetroit "To disable the VC and keep the landing lights coded in the .mdl file, use a hex editor to look for the second occurrence of 00 22 00 39 00 in the .mdl file, and change the 39 to 38 (not 00). This should kill the VC textures and keep the landing lights coded into the model visible from the 2D flight deck view. "

I did replace "39" with "38" and the landing lights do show, but no taxi lights.... Is ths the trade off, no VC for no taxi lights?

Thanks Brad

This is interesting i`ve downloaded Hex Workshop and opened the Posky B777LR with VC and changed the values to 00223800 will see later how effective this is.

Cheers JA99 FAPE