Sign in to follow this  
Busterbvi

JUMPING FSX AIRCRAFT

I am having a problem with FSX aircraft "jumping" whilst static on the ground, in any view, the plane intermittently jumps up and down and I get what sounds like a tyre screetch noise!

Any ideas what causes this and is there a fix ?

Any help appreciated, Thanks.

Buster.

Never seen that but small aircraft can be lifted by strong wind. Could that be it? The fix would be to apply real world taxiing procedures.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

No, turbulence effect on aircraft is disabled and weather is set to fair, definately not a weather thing, had it before years ago but for the life of me I cant remember what the fix was !

I,ve had that in the past,also.Do a search for "contact points".....Is it all planes everywhere or just certain ones at certain locations...Probably contact points set wrong(too low)...

All planes any airport, I have not messed with "contact points" what should the correct setting be ? I will check it later.

Hi,

I'm happy to be able to help you on this. I had it, knows exactly what it does : aircraft "jump" or "bounce", AI traffic and also moving vehicules in the airport.

Don't mess up with "contact points", this is not the problem, your problem is related to elevation data. Your graphic settings are too high and your CPU can't catch up, especially regarding elevation points, so it recalculates randomly and make aircraft bounces because height is recalculated.

If I remember correctly, you would have to play with Mesh complexity and Mesh Elevation settings, lower indeed. Don't put 100% on mesh complexity especially, try lower settings, see if it solves, see at what point it bounces again.

Good flight !

Jerome

Thanks Jerome, I do have my graphics settings maxed, I did Kostas tweak guide last week so my FSX CFG is optimised for a quad core, and all is great exept fot this jumping, Take a peep at my PC specs here, I would have thought that CPU would handle it but I will play with mesh complexity tonight and report back tomorrow. I have AI, vehicles, boats etc turned off.

Hi,

I'm happy to be able to help you on this. I had it, knows exactly what it does : aircraft "jump" or "bounce", AI traffic and also moving vehicules in the airport.

Don't mess up with "contact points", this is not the problem, your problem is related to elevation data. Your graphic settings are too high and your CPU can't catch up, especially regarding elevation points, so it recalculates randomly and make aircraft bounces because height is recalculated.

If I remember correctly, you would have to play with Mesh complexity and Mesh Elevation settings, lower indeed. Don't put 100% on mesh complexity especially, try lower settings, see if it solves, see at what point it bounces again.

Good flight !

Jerome

Yes your bang on!

You know there are tons of these little bits of wisdom that should/could be put into a "e manual" with index and table of contents. Its sometimes hard to find this stuff by searching the forums, and then which forum, as there are several major ones to call upon.

Look what I found

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/268297-bouncing-aircraft-ground-vehicles/

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3

Sorry Busterbvi, not sure about your hardware but what i'm sure is that I had your problems and solved it by reducing mesh elevation and complexity. I have an i7 so I don't think an older QX quad will do the trick to max out. Anyway, just reduce and enjoy, you even won't see much difference in the mesh as the best large region mesh you will find will generally be around 4.5 m.

Thanks Guys, all sorted, there is no mesh elevation so I turned Mesh Resolution down to 5m and Mesh Complexity down to 82.

No more jumping aircraft ! job done.

Thanks again, Buster.

Yep I had the same problem here until I turned down mesh complexity! I agree also that you wouldn't notice the difference visually speaking except maybe for comparing two static screenshots directly.

Fascinating as always. I've also occasionally seen this but never would've guessed the cause. Does anyone know what mesh complexity actually does? The other one is pretty obvious.

Also Jumping aircraft/airport ground stuff is a sign of high system stress ( not low fps mind you ).

I very rarely get jumping aircraft but the amount of load my pc is under can normally trigger them.

-Paul-

JUMPING FSX AIRCRAFT? I noticed that about a year ago, believe it was August 23, 2011 to be exact, at KBWI. Only lasted about 10 seconds. :lol: