My Saitek Pro rudder pedal toe brakes are too sensitive and it is impossible to use them without them pulling either left or right with differential brakes highlighting. I set them up using fsuipc calibration including the step size (vernier). I have dead zones at top and bottom of travel and reversed the signals. I also set profiles with 'S' shaped curves to lessen the sensitivity at the poles. The brakes work fine separately but it is impossible to coordinate the left and right brake positional data and prevent differential braking. The airplanes respond perfectly with keystroke braking.

Should unassign the axis controls from fsuipc and try the fsx calibration or use the Saitel app?

I've seen other posts for similar problems but the fixes don't fix the mid-range pedal movement problems.

Anyone have an idea ?

If you are using FSUIPC to assign axis and calibrate, you can also assign a response curve (slope). In your Joystick Calibration page you will see a button marked "Slope". You can use this to change the response sensitivity of all your axis. It's well explained in the FSUIPC User Guide, Joystick Calibration section. The slope assignment is discussed on page 48. I use this on all my aircraft. It's been very helpful particularly on the Realair Lancair Legacy. I found the stock settings were way too sensitive. I used the slope function to adjust just the way I wanted it.

I've seen other posts for similar problems but the fixes don't fix the mid-range pedal movement problems.

Rick, I'm not exactly sure what you mean by the "mid-range pedal movement problems." Are you getting an all or nothing kind of thing half-way through the toe-brake movement, or something else? Could you clarify?

Mine work quite well calibrated with FSUIPC, and I certainly wouldn't recommend going back to FSX, as it's FSUIPC that made mine useable.

Joe, it sounds like he's already applied a slope so it doesn't sound like that's the issue.

Scott

Mine are set up through FSUIPC simply by assigning the axes. I did no calibration and didn't assign a response curve. They work fine for me at all levels on various aircraft, I even get varying feedback ( squeal) through accufeel depending on how hard I lean on them. Maybe I'm just lucky or maybe I'm missing out by not spending more time setting them up. It's strange how some people have to go to great lengths to get something like rudder pedals to work properly and others get them going out of the box. In my case my mixture control ( also saitek) keeps getting booted out and I have reassign it on a regular basis.

Thanks for the feedback. The problem is in the simultaneous inputs from each toe brake. If the left (or right) toe brake is the slightest bit out of sync with the other, I get a differential brake signal. It is almost impossible to coordinate the two pedals with the precision necessary to avoid differential application. I set slopes at 7 so the travel poles are pretty flat. I've also noticed that the braking signals from FSX are intermittent and seem to hang after release.

When using the Saitek controller app I can see the red bars move smooothly and well coordinated so the signal from the pots are good to go. It is only after filtering through FSUIPC that the problem occurs. I am using a work around right now by assigning a switch range to each axis and assigning 'brake left' and 'brake right' with on while pressed checked. This solves the differential braking problem but I fear it gives all or nothing brake operation.

The problem appears on all of my a/c and I haven't checked this work around on all of them. So far it's been okay on the PMDG 747-400, NGX and the Eaglesoft Cessna CitationX (one of my favorite aircraft). Fortunately most of the planes I fly use nose wheel steering so braking isn't a big deal but I hate a problem that defies solution!

I have the Saitek Cessna pedals and find it impossible to set the left and right brakes on their respective pedals, and get even braking. No matter how carefully I calibrate them with FSUIPC, the left brake ALWAYS comes on before the right. I've come to the conclusion that it's a manufacturing fault, causing one pedal to require more movement than the other before it activates the pot. (which could explain why some people don't get the problem) However, it does'nt bother me as I never fly anything that requires differential braking. In FSUIPC, I pressed the left pedal, ticked two of the drop down menu, and put left brake and right brake on the left pedal. Rescan and did the same for the right pedal. I have a slope of 10 on both. Now, whether I press either one on it's own, or both together, I get beautifuly smooth and progressive braking, and always in a straight line. Obviously, as Rick said, this is only good for nose wheel steerers.

/Russell.