Sign in to follow this  
Air France

My Traffic 2013 Released!

Mate - I use Ultimate Traffic 2 and it doesnt affect my FPS in the slightest. I am not familiar with the My Traffic Series.

I've only good things to say about UT2 mate so I say go for UT2. However others may have different views or experiences.

Jas

Jaseman. Lovin it up here........

Catch us over at MassieSim32 -> https://discord.gg/B4buuHGhcr

I've got UT2 works nicely. Framerate is very good and the menu is well designed.

UT2 Misses so many great Airline/Cargo companies, I was thinking of getting Traffic 2013 but I dont know

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

I use MTX5.4a, and have nothing but praise for it. Some folks comment that the aircraft are not as pretty or well-textured as UT2, but on the other hand, you can do a night flight and see airports which are stocked with lots of AI. It is very much a matter of personal preference, as what I need in an addon, is not necessarily what you need in an addon: some folks want very specific airlines at each airport, others - and I'm one - just want the ambience of seeing 3/4 full gates, with taxying going on, aircraft coming in and going out. Background noise.

There are a modest amount of military aircraft scattered around, tons of GA at smaller airfields - wherever you go, and UPS, FedEx, all the cargo boys, plus the regular AI, which, incidentally, can be set to almost any year back to 1965, coming forward in 5-year jumps. Using DX10 now, I've also not seen any incompatible aircraft - big bonus. There are also almost daily updates via "MyTraffic Communicator", from Bernhard (Renk), the developer, and his presence on the MTX forum is legendary. Great support for a very nice product.

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

Have they improved the interface at all in My Traffic 2013? I've got My Traffic X 5.4 and the interface is terrible. I also purchased my copy through Sim Market so not sure if I can get a cheaper upgrade through there yet. If not I probably won't bother as it seems so far like this update just adds more airlines/planes and some more charter traffic etc which I'm unlikely to notice anyhow.

I love UT2 i was currently using MTX 5.4a everything seems nice an everything but i don't know if is just me but the schedule are kind of old an not current. But hey don't get me wrong it also runs smoothly on my sim. But UT2 is awesome better textures FPS friendly an also has recent schedule.

Mr Leny

CPU I7 8700K @ 5.0GHz , MOBO -Asus Maximus X Hero (WiFi AC),GPU - GTX1080 TI , RAM - CORSAIR Vengeance RGB 16GB DDR4 3600MHz
SSD -Crucial MX500 1TB (P3D Install Only)
OS- Samsung 960 EVO 500GB (Window 10 Pro 64)

I love UT2 i was currently using MTX 5.4a everything seems nice an everything but i don't know if is just me but the schedule are kind of old an not current. But hey don't get me wrong it also runs smoothly on my sim. But UT2 is awesome better textures FPS friendly an also has recent schedule.

Does the lack of traffic at gates when arriving at an airport at night bother you at all?

Have they improved the interface at all in My Traffic 2013? I've got My Traffic X 5.4 and the interface is terrible. I also purchased my copy through Sim Market so not sure if I can get a cheaper upgrade through there yet. If not I probably won't bother as it seems so far like this update just adds more airlines/planes and some more charter traffic etc which I'm unlikely to notice anyhow.

Agreed... interface is horrid. I wish I would have gone with UT2... the traffic is better suited for USA in UT2... Still maybe they'll be an upgrade for us

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Does the lack of traffic at gates when arriving at an airport at night bother you at all?

No not at all . What i like about UT2 is that is very realistic for example i live in the caribbean, so when i visit my island airport at a certain time let say 4pm aircraft starts to move for departures an at that same time here at the airport airplanes starts to move . I tested this because i live very close to the airport so when i took my afternoon jog around the airport i stop an check the time when aircraft was taxing for takeoff an is the exact time that aircraft start to taxing in UT2. I really don't know if MTX5.4a does this but when i used it i never experience this. I guest is because of the old 2010 schedule or something . To me UT2 is very realistic because to be honest not all airports will be stack up with traffic at every time during the day an night. Now for busy airport i run UT2 Airline traffic at 86% an general Aviation at 50% . Also this may not sound realistic but also helps when ATC is giving you a hard time for landing always sending you to go around UT2 has this option to clear approach so you can land with out problems with the FSX ATC.

Mr Leny

CPU I7 8700K @ 5.0GHz , MOBO -Asus Maximus X Hero (WiFi AC),GPU - GTX1080 TI , RAM - CORSAIR Vengeance RGB 16GB DDR4 3600MHz
SSD -Crucial MX500 1TB (P3D Install Only)
OS- Samsung 960 EVO 500GB (Window 10 Pro 64)

I found the freeware WOAI is the best. Yeah you can't run with shadows on but they are still the best looking AFAIK.

UT2's have many of those generic blue paint aircrafts. I wish there was a way they would keep loading different paints for different airliners where I could simply click and get those updated. I haven't figured out how to use the freeware AI to UT2's database.

And also who says there is no performance hit with AI? There is performance hit for AI ,..no matter which traffic program you use. But not sure which has better performance among the two.

Manny

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

UT2's have many of those generic blue paint aircrafts. I wish there was a way they would keep loading different paints for different airliners where I could simply click and get those updated. I haven't figured out how to use the freeware AI to UT2's database.

And also who says there is no performance hit with AI? There is performance hit for AI ,..no matter which traffic program you use. But not sure which has better performance among the two.

Manny

Some people peddle the idea that 20 fps is great so they limit it as such and tell everyone they get no performance drop. It probably doesn't go below 20 if they have a decent modern PC.

I love UT2 i was currently using MTX 5.4a everything seems nice an everything but i don't know if is just me but the schedule are kind of old an not current

MTX's schedules are fictional so there is nothing current about them, so it shouldn't matter if they aren't updated! It is what it is. UT2 strength is that it uses real schedules, so currency of it is relevant. It is also one of it's pitfalls if you fly late at night, since there are relatively few active flights after say midnight, the airport gates could be vacant of aircraft. Where as realistically, the aircraft would be sitting at the gates ready for the morning flights.

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d