Sign in to follow this  
a340egkk

Panel state not saving

Hi,

I've been using the 737NGX for a couple of months now, but only recently have tried to save the panel state. I went into the PMDG actions menu, clicked save state etc.

I received the message 'panel saved sucessfully' and carried on with the flight.

FSX then crashed, and I tried to load the panel, only to find it hadn't actually been saved. I've tried several more times to save a panel, and have received the 'sucess' message every time. Only to find that when trying to load a panel I've just saved, it hasn't been saved at all. I've also checked the correct file directory, and there's no sign of my saved panels in there either.

If someone could please help, it would be much appreciated.

Are you saving it with a new name? Never had any problems with this here..

If you save a panel state, the file should be in the panelstate folder.

Run FSX as administrator - this is caused by Windows not giving it write permissions to the Program Files (x86) folder and subfolders. (this is why we recommend installing FSX outside of the default location in a place like C:\FSX)

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Can't you just leave FSX in the default folder of Program Files (x86) folder and sub-folders. and give FSX administration rights?

stelios

Stelios Christofides

Hi Stelios,

If you do an advanced search on 'Program Files (x86) folder', you will see lots of comments why you should not place FSX in the Program Files folder. I think there are enough issues alleged to have been caused by the placement of FSX here, to not do it.

Regards

Geoff Bryce