What's new in the Library
FS9, FSX & P3D CTD Guide - UPDATED V2!
Simulation's Premier Resource!
AVSIM is a free service to the flight and simulation communities. Please help us keep it that way. Donate what you can today! Thank you for your support!
- Free simMarket addon - FSDG's Oresund X for FSX & P3D v2.x
- Simmarket Deal of the Day - Taxi2Gate MMMX (FSX)
- Free VFR Photo Scenery Vol 6 never istalled for FS2004
- Aerosoft PMDG 747X Boxed version reduced to €29.99
- Aerosoft Winter Sale 20% off boxed products
- Drzewiecki Design New York City X 30% off?
- Just Flight Pick and Mix Sale
- Drzewiecki Design Polish Airports volumes, which one to get?
- Ultimate VFR Photoscenery Crazy 75% Off
- Any one looking for a complete Fuselage to make a sim out of? There are a few on ebay for $300
- Very good Computer for FSX for sale
- Precision Flight Controls Multi-Engine Throttle/Prop/Mixture Quadrant
- Precision Flight Controls Beech Yolk with Hall Effect & Digital Clock
- Reduced! PFC Cirrus II Console and Pedals $500 + shipping
- Saitek X52 Pro HOTAS - Priced low for quick sale!
- CH Throttle Quadrant; CH Eclipse; Saitek Combat Pedals
- For Sale: Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals, $120
- Reduced price for Flightbeam KIAD (2nd copy for sale)
- SAITEK PRO FLIGHT SWITCH PANEL (UK based)
- Saitek X52 System For Sale
. . .
When will the X-Plane 10 64 bit be out? And does that mean that I can't use X-Plane 10 on a 64 bit yet? Thanks!
Posted 09 September 2012 - 07:39 PM
Flying is the 2nd greatest thrill known to man
The 1st is landing.
Posted 10 September 2012 - 02:17 AM
José Monteiro ( o mais Porreiro!!! )
Flight Simulation is the Virtual Materialization of a Dream...
I'm grateful to All of those who make that Possible...
Posted 10 September 2012 - 02:23 AM
I expect the first 10.20 beta rather soon since they have been working on the 64bit conversion for quite a while and linux and windows versions were nearly completed a few weeks ago. I think it will depend mainly on how well the 10.10RC1 does and how soon they can finalize 10.10.
Posted 10 September 2012 - 10:25 PM
What would be the benefits of the 64 bit X Plane? I am interested in flying helicopters with it.
Who knows for sure but usually more can be done. There are a few features that we have been told not until things are 64 bit. Features that by themselves should not require 64 bit to function or even work well. Ob the while all these features add up and use memory so xplane could already be on the edge and need the extra ram to unleash all the additional bits and pieces.
DCS is a good example, when 64 bit came everything was smoother and more reliable.
Posted 11 September 2012 - 03:00 AM
Posted 12 September 2012 - 07:23 AM
64 bit allows the developers to keep more different autogen objekts, terrain textures etc. in the ram (if your system has more than 3GB). It will thus allow to increase the level of detail, the view distance, the cloud coverage e.g. But of course all of that needs to be rendered and won't be a free lunch. Depending on your system this could mean lower FPS as well.
So if you load your computer with a lot of fast ram, could the sim access it from such? If so would the sim run faster not having to rely on grabbing stuff from the hard drive? 64bits appears to have some benefits.
Posted 12 September 2012 - 12:15 PM
If so would the sim run faster not having to rely on grabbing stuff from the hard drive? 64bits appears to have some benefits.
Not necessarily faster but at the moment the simulator can not use more than 3-4 GB. A single object more and it crashes. And they reach this limit at the moment.