Sign in to follow this  
Jerad

Anyone know of a good way to record FSX?

Just trying to make videos here.

-FRAPS was a complete fail. quality and frames are terrible.

-BANDICAM is actually better on frames, but the quality isn't good enough for me. And it records strange resolutions

---Havent found anything else need help please!

Just trying to make videos here.

-FRAPS was a complete fail. quality and frames are terrible.

-BANDICAM is actually better on frames, but the quality isn't good enough for me. And it records strange resolutions

---Havent found anything else need help please!

There are several other options, Jerad.

Dxtory

http://dxtory.com/v2-home-en.html

Gamecam

http://www.gamecamportal.com/

I actually prefer DXTory.

Others swear by GameCam.

Cheers.!

fsrecorder has a handy little system. Rather than trying to capture the video in realtime fsrecorder will actually force FSX to draw each frame correctly before writing to disk. It means that during the recording process it can be incredibly jerky framerate wise but playing back the video file is rock solid. Also allows you to max out the graphics sliders. So even if you only get 10fps with sliders maxed, with fsrecorder the playback will be whatever you set it to as FSX will draw the frame (no matter how long it takes), fsrecorder will write the frame to the movie file, FSX will then draw the next frame and so on. It makes FSX work like a 3D rendering engine rather than as a game with fsrecorder controlling FSX's frame playback.

www.antsairplanes.com

Quote from fSrecorder website

. It allows recording and playback of flights, similar as the instant replay and video recorder built into FS,

The recorded flights are saved in a binary file format containing flight data and can thus only be played back inside FS. These files are not video files, so it is not possible to play them with a video or media player, or to convert them into video files.

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

I swear by DXTORY now..I did set Fraps up properly and it still tanked a lot of the time..I'd have butter-smooth 30FPS and when I hit record, that would go down to around 20-22 and the resulting video would be at around 25..

What I have found out is that, if you use HT turned off, it will affect the ability of all of these programs to write quickly..I have gained in excess of 5FPS with it on using DXTORY.

Also, with DXTORY you can do distributed writing, which writes to more than one disk at once, whcih can really speed up recording..There are some settings on the advanced page that make a difference too, but I have no idea what they really do..The tool-tip explanations aren't very helpful. There's no manual to speak of, either so the YT tut above will be invaluable..

I also like that you can have profiles set up for different programs..Not cheap though, but I think I get my money's worth...

JAKE EYRE
It's a small step from the sublime to the ridiculous...Napoleon Bonaparte
newSigBetaTeam.gif
lancairuk.jpg

Well the best way to record video on fsx i would have to say using an external dvd recorder hard drive that goes connected in the back of the graphic card . I think you can find very nice once on amazon . Recording with an external DVD hardrive recorder it doesn't affect performance or any FPS lost or anything you wont even notice your recording a video.

Mr Leny

CPU I7 8700K @ 5.0GHz , MOBO -Asus Maximus X Hero (WiFi AC),GPU - GTX1080 TI , RAM - CORSAIR Vengeance RGB 16GB DDR4 3600MHz
SSD -Crucial MX500 1TB (P3D Install Only)
OS- Samsung 960 EVO 500GB (Window 10 Pro 64)

Quote from fSrecorder website

. It allows recording and playback of flights, similar as the instant replay and video recorder built into FS,

The recorded flights are saved in a binary file format containing flight data and can thus only be played back inside FS. These files are not video files, so it is not possible to play them with a video or media player, or to convert them into video files.

Actually, FSRecorder does allow you to 'render', it's a pretty neat feature.

Basically, you record your flight like you normally would with FSRecorder, it will save in the Binary format, then you quit, and max the absolute hell out of your sliders, go back into FSX and play the binary file. At the start of the binary file, you pause it, like one second in, and you search through the FSRecorder menu, there will be an option called 'render'. Select your desired frame rate, quality, resolution, blah blah, and hit start.

It will then begin 'rendering' your binary file in real time. Not so much FSX as it is animation now, but the gist is there, and it looks bloody amazing. It will actually render FSX frame by frame, so as you can imagine, it's a pretty slow process.

It's actually the way most of the FSX guys on Youtube do it, because there's no way on current hardware that you can approach and land at EGLL with all the settings maxed, Aerosoft's mega airport Heathrow, the NGX, UTX, GEX, REX, ENB, and still maintain a rock steady 30FPS, all WHILE recording with Fraps. Think about it :P

Aamir Thacker

One drawback with FSRecorder is that it doesn't play back the flightdeck instruments of complex aircraft such as the PMDG aircraft. Or at least it doesn't for me!

I would expect Dxtory to be good at £352, if my conversion rate is correct.

Used wrong conversion rate, should be £28.76 :Doh:

Actually, FSRecorder does allow you to 'render', it's a pretty neat feature.

Basically, you record your flight like you normally would with FSRecorder, it will save in the Binary format, then you quit, and max the absolute hell out of your sliders, go back into FSX and play the binary file. At the start of the binary file, you pause it, like one second in, and you search through the FSRecorder menu, there will be an option called 'render'. Select your desired frame rate, quality, resolution, blah blah, and hit start.

It will then begin 'rendering' your binary file in real time. Not so much FSX as it is animation now, but the gist is there, and it looks bloody amazing. It will actually render FSX frame by frame, so as you can imagine, it's a pretty slow process.

It's actually the way most of the FSX guys on Youtube do it, because there's no way on current hardware that you can approach and land at EGLL with all the settings maxed, Aerosoft's mega airport Heathrow, the NGX, UTX, GEX, REX, ENB, and still maintain a rock steady 30FPS, all WHILE recording with Fraps. Think about it :P

Can it record your voice during the flight?

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

Naw, it only renders..

You could use an external recorder, then overlay in post editing?

Aamir Thacker