Sign in to follow this  
HawkDsl

Jet Prop Re-Paints

Hi All: If your working on repaints, post them here (pics that is), or know of repaints, post a link.

I'm starting a 2012 Meridian. Will upload when finished:

planwv.jpg

projectmeridian.jpg

• Upvote 1

Thanks Dolf8857... It's time for bed... had the lines fixed, but like a dummy, saved over it :Doh: !!??

Oh well... heres some progress:

plandq.jpg

20129166531121.jpg

Thanks CooIP... Got off to a good start, but am quickly learning Carenado must drink allot when doing the model!! LOL. I'd say a couple more days.

I would like to throw out a question about this paint; Relabel to "Meridian", or stay with "JetProp" on the nose??

It's hard to put it down!...LOL... but gonna take a break. I scored a great Piper Logo, just like the real one. Just gotta do adjustments, then y'all can have it. Tues/Wed time frame.

Update:

20129162352715.jpg

20129162346119.jpg

20129162339217.jpg

Don't like the Rudder lines, and the roof line.. Fues lines are giving me fits on line up... you know the deal.

The new repaint looks really nice, Hawk. I agree with Cool, stick with JetProp logo. I look forward to the release.

Bill

All Done. Going up now. Might be a day before it shows, but search for "2012 Meridian". This plane is a RW repaint that appears on the Piper.com web site.

Thanks for the comments! Enjoy!

OBTW, I gave her a gold plated nose cone (light), Prop stripes, and left it JetProp.

2012917233344985.jpg

Heres a better Pic @ my airport (KHEF). I left the lower air scoop white... The inlet kinda gets lost in black.

201291801754890.jpg

Folks got pretty jealous due to my newly painted plane. But I kept cool. B)

clipboard01vc.th.jpg

clipboard01fja.th.jpg

Folks got pretty jealous due to my newly painted plane. But I kept cool. B)

clipboard01vc.th.jpg

clipboard01fja.th.jpg

CoolP,

Where did you get your repaint? I checked AVSIM and Flightsim and it's not listed yet at either site.

Thanks,

Bill

EDIT- Nevermind. I just found the file under New Files here at AVSIM. I had done a regular library search early this morning and it was not listed there when I searched. I will have to download this beauty when I get home from work.

By the way, am I the only one who has looked up the Piper page and the prizes on a 2012 Meridian? :wub: Comes with a nice G1000 now.

LG911; here's the Avsim listing link : http://library.avsim...xacrp&Go=Search

CooIP, Oh yes... every other day...LOL. I visited Piper at Airventure, and they were a blast to talk shop with. Was lucky to be invited to have a seat in the Cockpits of both the Meridian, and the Seneca V. Played with the buttons on the G1000, and even looked up Info on Airports I fly too. I'll be a Piper fan from now on based solely on that visit, and went so far as to write an actual letter to the CEO of Piper. To my great surprise and joy, he wrote me back with a couple of "back stage" passes to the Piper plant in Fla.

I can tell you, the Meridian is a big plane on the outside, but it was pretty tight inside. The Cockpit is about the size of a compact car like a Honda civic, or a Chevy Cruze. My eyesight line was about center of the windshield (I'm 6'1), but you can adjust the seat hight at any level. Everything was in reach with ease. There's only two engine levers, Condition and power. Prop RPM's are automatic. My Piper rep said it was easier to fly then a typical Cessna trainer like the 180"s and 172's. They foot the bill for training if you buy one (for the plane, not for PPL. You have to have one those already). They said about 10 hours, and your good to go. If you can wait, you can order factory direct, and customize your livery and "N" number. 3 to 6 months for delivery.

I was equally impressed with the Seneca V. I felt right at home inside, as it has the same panel config as our Sim JetProps.

Edit: I should add that even though the Seneca is not as "refined" as a Baron (Seneca is a little on the "square" side, styling wise), the part you look at the most, inside the cockpit, was simply mesmerizing. The gauge style and layout is second to none. I think it's far better then the Baron, even though the Baron has the G1000, and the Seneca has dual G600's.

• Upvote 1

HawkDsl,

Thanks for the link. The new paint looks fantastic. The Piper logo on the gloss black looks especially nice. Thank you for taking time to bring us this beauty!

Bill