Sign in to follow this  
LarryRF

B55 and DX10

Hi all, noticed an issue with the B55-E55 in DX10 mode. I do not have any reflections in the windows. No shine, no nothing except a tint.

They are there when in DX9 mode.

The C310 has reflections in DX9 and DX10.

Does anyone else see this issue?

Maybe someone has some thoughts on whether it's an easy fix I could do myself?

example pics:

C310 in DX10 mode

Baron in DX9 mode

Baron in DX10 mode

Thanks, Larry

FYI: we do not provide support for DX10... but, that said, if anyone is willing to assist you, feel free...

Please contact oisin at milviz dot com for forum registration information.  Please provide proof of purchase if you want support.  Also, include the username you wish to have.

Thanks for the response. I understand since FSX is DX10 preview and not fully implemented :( That being said, I see much better performance in DX10 than in DX9, particularly in heavy weather/low visablity conditions.

However, I did find a work around. I copied the glass file from the C310, C310_Glass.dds, and pasted it into the Baron texture folder. I backed up the original texture, glass.dds then renamed the C310_Glass.dds to glass.dds. I now have shine in DX10, although it has a heavy tint to it :) I can fix that in an editor I think. I really don't know what the difference is between the two files, all I can tell is one seems to be alot smaller than the other when I open it in DXT/BMP.

I'm not sure what the glass_g and glass_t are for. Maybe mess with these to see what they do :)

Thanks, Larry

pic :)

Hi Larry!

I had the sam problem....

I followed your instructions and I too have shine windows!!!!

I liked very much the new windows!!!

Thank you ver much for posting!

best