Sign in to follow this  
Von Rondstadd

New cheap TOPER CALCULATOR TOOL (TAKEOFF PERFORMANCE CALCULATOR)

Hi everybody,

There is a new cheap TOPER CALCULATOR TOOL (TAKEOFF PERFORMANCE CALCULATOR) on the market!

3.00 euro.

The TOPER is to be extended to include all the major aircraft of the Boeing family from 737 to 777 including both the Classics and NG series of 737.

http://secure.simmarket.com/toper-calculator-tool-(takeoff-performance-calculator).phtml

Already an update on the forum site!

Robert

looks like a lazy mans version of performance tables in FCOM/QRH.

It might be worth the 3€ as long as this will include all the variants. I will stick to me TOPCAT though, for the time being.

Only has the -800 version?

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

Have you used it yourself Robert? Is it as handy as the review says it is?

I just bought it.... Continue using TOPCAT. This thing has almost no options and does a very crude calculation.... No me gusta.

Ben, as long as you are here...

could you check for a model, flat, no obstacle runway, does this produce same AST as TOPCAT? I have a sneaking suspicion this is using an improper method for estimation of AST.

does this produce same AST as TOPCAT?

One word.....

No

It almost always gave me a derate of TO with 50C.... No double or single derate. - Highly unrealistic.

Have you used it yourself Robert? Is it as handy as the review says it is?

No Sorry, but Ben did!

Ben did you download the update at the forum V1.1 ???????????

Robert

One word.....

No

It almost always gave me a derate of TO with 50C.... No double or single derate. - Highly unrealistic.

Ben why don't you go to their forum and drop your points of criticism with them!

Did you installed the update from the forum V 1.1 ??

Maybe they can change things in an update??

You have paid for it!

At least fill in the review section for future buyers, because the other review said something completely different!

Robert

Pros:

Simple GUI

Easy to use

Imperial and Metric

Cons:

No Derate Options

Only Assumed Temperature Takeoff

Unrealistic Calculations when compared to TOPCAT

it advertises only assumed temp so no surprises there!

"The use of assumed temperature not only brings you closer to real life aircraft operation, but consider a scenario where you have a light load and a very long runway: using the maximum allowed thrust would accelerate your aircraft so quickly that it would make your airplane take-off like a rocket and you will most likely accelerate way beyond the V2+20 knots in the initial climb. Reduced thrust and reduced rate of acceleration also results in more time for the flight crew to scan the instruments before reaching V1."

ZORAN

Hello everyone,

I would just like to shed some light on the matter. Yes it is true that TOPER does not take into account runway limitations-this requires a much larger airport database which is a planned option. It hardly presents a difference in the FS especially if the airport you are using to takeoff from does not have detailed modeled surroundings. TOPER has almost 10 tons higher maximum TOW for B738 than TOPCAT which will naturally give produce higher assumed temperature for the same runway length and weight. TOPER is also limited to maximum 50 deg of thrust reduction temperature, hence a lot of results end up having this value. Only at high gross weights, strong tailwind components and high airport elevations does this change significantly.

TOPER author

TOPER has almost 10 tons higher maximum TOW for B738 than TOPCAT

How?

How?

The highest TOW for the SL airport with a 4600m runway at 50 deg + OAT is 86.1 tons.

Just realized that the max TOW is around 75t-Will change this in the next update.

Thank you for the feedback.