Sign in to follow this  
Flamin_Squirrel

DCS: World Interest (and PMDG heavies)

I'm curious as to how many people fly in the DCS world, and would be interested in seeing heavies?

FSX is showing its age and doesn't allow the level of fidelity (at least in terms of flight model) that DCS does.

I'm aware that at this juncture it's very unlikely, but I'd very much like to see PMDG develop a C-17 or KC135 etc in the future.

Thoughts?!

Hi,

Well I am a big fan of DCS, however I don't think any heavy would make too much sense on it at the moment as the maps are just too small for some nice A to B flights. Yeah of course, you could always set something up to start in the air, land, pick some snake eaters up and take off again, however it doesn't allow the same degree of simulation as FSX or X-Plane do at the moment.

A small area to fly in? Really? FSX isn't all bad :)

If DCS made the whole world then it would be perfect but FSX is very buggy to work with and the clouds are not even full 3D clouds among other problems like snow falling as fast as hail. Also the default landscape in DCS is far superior with less strain on the PC.

I like DCS allot.....but I just don't imagine it happening in a foreseeable future. They are so different in so many ways & who is going to develop the whole world in DCS with all the cities, airports, navaids etc? As of now I don't think there's a market for PMDG in DCS, it's just to small by PMDG standards, they make way more money in FSX....but this doesn't mean it excludes other developers,as already there are other developers in par with DCS.

Are the DCS compatible aircraft on a par with FSX aircraft compatible aircraft but just in a smaller world and with various types of ammunition?

ahh yes I can just imagine it....on approach to YSSY, established on the Rwy 34L ILS...suddenly my wing comes off and I plummet towards the water...as the swell subsides, the air is shaken by a 15 y/o in an F15 who had snuck in and decided to test one of his Aim-9 sidewinders on an unarmed commercial jetliner.

Mil and civ sims don't really mix.

Are the DCS compatible aircraft on a par with FSX aircraft compatible aircraft but just in a smaller world and with various types of ammunition?

Going by the youtube videos (don't have the sim myself) the A10 and KA-50 are on a par with PMDG when it comes to system depth.

yep, unfortunately I don't even know if PMDG model to the depth that DCS do!! The A10 requires almost a proper rating just to get the thing to start!!

Going by the youtube videos (don't have the sim myself) the A10 and KA-50 are on a par with PMDG when it comes to system depth.

Maybe better than pmdg since the A-10 and KA-50 are not held back due to FSX limitations.

...the air is shaken by a 15 y/o in an F15 who had snuck in and decided to test one of his Aim-9 sidewinders...

...which your rear facing infra-red detector and voice activated decoys would deflect, allowing you to drop your air brakes, pull the nose up and watch him fly right by you...

If DCS made the whole world then it would be perfect but FSX is very buggy to work with and the clouds are not even full 3D clouds among other problems like snow falling as fast as hail. Also the default landscape in DCS is far superior with less strain on the PC.

Well, the flight area in DCS is far less than 1% of the area of the world, so there is no surprise that its looks better than FSX

vatsim s3

1133704.png