Sign in to follow this  
Tom Allensworth

Support for FSX Has Come to an End

Front page news just posted:

In an email sent to a variety of flight simming sites today, Microsoft announced that Customer Support for FSX has expired. In the announcement, Jennifer Paige, Community Manager for Microsoft Studios said; "Customer Support for FSX has expired here at Microsoft. What does this mean? We will no longer be answering support emails or hosting various updates and download files for the FSX product. Why has it ended? It simply ran its course, all products will hit a support expiration at some point, FSX has hit that date." Microsoft will announce the closure of support in the XBOX forums and will provide links to the various community sites for fellow flight sim enthusiasts. AVSIM will be one of those sites.

What do we do if we change rigs and need to call in for a reactivation?

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Just use the same code. This happened to me when I switched computers and thought I had to call in and get a new code. I DID call in and the guy at Microsoft said "just use the same code" and it worked!

I don't remember ever going to MS for support... except for Activation.

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

They arnt giving updates anymore lol

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

As long as I can reactivate when I upgrade my rig fine. I'll move on to P3D eventually.

I’m must be getting old! Didn’t support ended years ago?

An era has ended. The future is elsewhere In a different platform.

Kind regards,

So very true.

Would the "download real weather" continue to work?

Good Q

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

I never knew they had support. :) My support is right here. They dont support Windows 98 and as far as I know, you can still activate it.

+1 regarding wanting to know if the real weather will continue to function, and for how long?

+1 would also like MS to be more specific about how new activations will work

An era has ended. The future is elsewhere In a different platform.Kind regards,

Stephen - there's DX10 - it's a new sim!! Try it - you might like it!

All the Best,

pj

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.