Okay so I was in the process of uninstall and reinstalling ifly737, FSUIPC and FScrew2 for ifly737 and after reinstallation Great time I run fsx after it loads the main menu my mouse cursor goes to the bottom right-hand corner of the screen and it won't move from there when I try to move it just goes right back instantly and when I click at the spot where it's not moving from it shows the desktop and the cursor moves to the top left-hand corner of the screen and and won't move from that spot the only way I can get it to move freely again to press (control alt delete) and logoff which forces fsx to l Close and then log back on. still happening even sense I uninstalled all the programs I Reinstalled? Has anybody else had this problem, and can anybody help me?

I had a similar problem some time ago, turned out it was a broken wire where it enters the mouse. A new mouse fixed the problem.

fdc_pfe_supporter.jpg

So in Windows your mouse works fine but as soon as you run FSX your mouse acts up? In other programs it works fine?

Like toriu said, try a different mouse. Or try your (defect?) mouse on another PC. Does it work there? If yes, then it's probably software. Try different USB port, or even blow at the laser to remove any dust that may have accumulated.

If it's an FSX issue only, I would suggest to temporarily cut / paste your FSX.CFG from %APPDATA%\Microsoft\FSX to your desktop and restart FSX so it can create a new one. Do you still have the problem?

Below is what I have in my FSX.CFG for Controls. I believe it to be pretty default. I don't have a joy- or flight stick nor a flight yoke. Just a mouse and keyboard.

[CONTROLS]

Controls_Default=Standard

Controls_Current=Standard

JOYSTICKS=1

KBDAIL=64

KBDELEV=64

KBDRUD=64

ok so I cut and paste the FSX.CFG from %APPDATA%\Microsoft\FSX to your desktop and ran fsx but did not create a new FSX.CFG and problems still happens. I checked the controls secton in the FSX.CFG and here is what it reads.

[CONTROLS]

Controls_Default=Standard

Controls_Current=Standard

KBDAIL=64

KBDELEV=64

KBDRUD=64

Reinstall your mouse software. You could have removed a shared file somwhere with all your un/reinstalls.

Regards,

Dave Opper

HiFi Support Manager

Supportteam_BannerA.png

OK reinstalling mouse software didn't work the same thing is still happening. You remember after installing one of the fsx software we're was a brief message that popped up exit from and about cant read FSX.CFG I think. It was among one of the messages after you install a program on fsx. And yes my mouse works until I run and as soon as i press ESC then ENTER to close fsx my mouse returns to normal

My guess is for some reason FSX is expecting input from another controller and can't find it so the cursor moves to a corner.

I'd definitely delete your FSX.CFG from the location I mentioned earlier and restart FSX. You can always restore it from the recycle bin. Make sure FSX is closed before you delete your FSX.CFG. It *must* create a new one. It's required for the game.

Also I'm missing:

JOYSTICKS=1

from your [CONTROLS] section.

So I just delete the FSX.CFG to the recycling bin? Because that's when I cut and pasted it to my desktop it did not create a new one. theres also one that says fsx.cfg.beforeTextureFixes, do i delete that one to?

Whether you delete the FSX.CFG to the recycle bin or cut / paste it to the desktop doesn't really matter. As long you remove it from its original location. I'm not aware of any fsx.cfg.beforeTextureFixes but I can't check at the moment.

What I find most strange is that your FSX doesn't create a new one; it must do this. FSX.CFG contains all your settings, if you remove it a new one will be created with default settings.

The fact that your mouse pointer moves to the bottom right for me is a sign that FSX is expecting input from a controller but not getting any. Have you checked your device manager for any controllers that may appear in that list? Or do you have any other hardware / input devices connected to your PC via USB?

Have you tried adding

JOYSTICKS=1

to the [CONTROLS] section of your FSX.CFG?

I have many Device plugged in via USB I have,

Saitek pro flight yoke, throttle and rudder Pedals

Saitek pro flight Multi, TPM and switch panel

Saitek pro flight Instrument panel (just one)

Wi-Fi Adapter

HP printer

Speakers

Two extra USB hubs

My USB mouse And keyboard

I believe these are the only things besides Monitor.

Also and this would be a last resort But If I put the flight simulator X Disk in Have a repair option If so would that work do you think?

Have you tried unplugging your Saitek stuff (all of it) to see if the cursor starts working? What happens if you move the yoke around, does it affect the movement of your mouse?

Having all these devices is crucial info which you didn't provide in your orignal post. On top of that you start another thread with the same question! What's going on?

Have you even tried adding the command to your FSX like I've asked you twice already?

I'm sorry, but I cannot help you anymore. Perhaps others can assist.

Also and this would be a last resort But If I put the flight simulator X Disk in Have a repair option If so would that work do you think?

You dont need to do a repair to fix the mouse.

Start up the machine from power off without the mouse plugged in. Then plug the mouse in and fire up FSX.

Regards,

Dave Opper

HiFi Support Manager

Supportteam_BannerA.png