Sign in to follow this  
sslazio 1900

Reverse does not engage

Hi guys!

I'm trying to setup my Hotas X via FSUIPC to obtain a parametric reverse setting. But my reversers does not engage! If i use the rev thtrottle on gate all works fine, but afer touchdown, if i don't give little of thrust (not reverse) reversers doesn't work.

I've tried to set my throttle from -16k to 0 as normal thrust, from 1 to +16 rev... but doesn't works (only at the gate)

I've also tried to leave a death zone: -16k to -1k normal, +1 to +16 reverse.. one again does not works...

Please help me!

There is a little bug, probably a FSX limitation... when you pull your throttle to idle, before touchdown, it only goes down to approach idle. However it does not go down to ground idle on TD unless you move the throttle a bit. And you can not engage reverse, until you have ground idle.

You could try setting up FSUIPC to send a single F1 command on entering reverse zone.

I always had the same problem with a Saitek Pro Flight Throttle Quadrant, and it only happens with the NGX.

I also have this problem with GoFlight GFTQ6, the reverse sound is there but no reverse thrust until I push F2.

This issue has been discussed several times here before, and I submitted a ticket about it shortly after release...it's the only real issue I have with the NGX but it is irritating. I balance this out with how well everything else works and live with the workarounds.

After touchdown, you either have to toggle the throttles to get GND idle before the reversers will operate...or press F1/F2 once you are on the ground. The change from APP to GND idle does not happen with touchdown as IRL, you need to do one of the above in the NGX. Many a high-speed turn off can be missed with manual braking...but if you are using Auto-brake properly, it will keep the rollout distance close to the RW numbers with or without the reversers. FSX does not simulate poor braking / ice conditions, so reversers become less important IMHO.

It would be nice for a future SP if PMDG could consider including some logic to have GND idle coincide with gear / strut compression which I am told is how it works IRL.

Rob Hall.

OMG, what kind of BS is this? I just got the PFC 737 TQ and are you really serious that there is this huge bug in NGX? If I can call it a bug, or just a FSX limitation? I can't just pull the reversers on the ground, I have to fiddle with the throttle first to achieve ground idle? I must idle before I touchdown, that is a procedure, so I guess I am left with nothing else?

Umm. My Ch Products throttle quadrant reverse thrust works superbly with the NGX using FSUIPC for assignments?

Controlled flight into terrain.

Well, what do you do that your reverse axis goes into reverse if your n1 isn't at ground idle?

And, what are you using as reverse, an axis, or a "throttle 1 decrease"?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I use "throttle one decrease" with my saitek quadrant with repeat while button is being pressed. Then select "throttle one cut" when the lever is moved out of the reverse gate.

This way it first goes to reverse gate and then you see the reverse levers go to full. It works really well.

I use "throttle one decrease" with my saitek quadrant with repeat while button is being pressed.

Yep, that is exactly what is working.

That function is basically the same as F2, just on one throttle.

The problem I'm describing is that when you pull your throttle to idle, BEFORE landing, the idle is going to be around 30% N1. As before described, the real 737 switches to ground idle after touchdown, which NGX fails to do. If not at ground idle, you cannot engange reversers, even in real life.

Now, if you press F1, F2 or set a button to do throttle 1 descrease, it will go into reverse, because all these functions will first set ground idle, or go towards it.

A real TQ is actually relying on the aircraft going into ground idle.

I actually got it working now by a simple FSUIPC command, that is when passing the first range of the reverse axis, approximately from -16000 to -15000, I set the FSUIPC to send a simple "Throttle 1 CUT" once when passing the segment. This way, when I enter the reverse area, the ground idle is first sent, and the reverser is engange.

Stupid solution, still not real explanation why NGX can't set ground idle on touchdown.

It would be nice for a future SP if PMDG could consider including some logic to have GND idle coincide with gear / strut compression which I am told is how it works IRL.

Rob Hall.

I'm surprised PMDG hadn't thought about that before and put the gear compression/ground idle logic into the RTM build, or at least the various service pack builds since RTM. To this day, I am still annoyed by this bug/FSX limitation, whatever you want to call it. What confuses me is that I see others with similar hardware to mine say that nothing is wrong, but how can one not notice that you have to wait 5 seconds or longer to engage reverse when the mains touchdown, when the the real life counterpart pretty much has reverse kick in immediately. Truthfully, most airports in the real world prohibit any reverse thrust above idle reverse, but that is not the point. I happen to use mostly big U.S. hubs that have the noise abatement regulations not allowing reverse thrust, but I feel like I'm missing out when I use shorter runways where those precious seconds of missing reverse thrust are important.

I'm encouraged to hear that a fix may be in the works with SP2.

Hah, try landing at LOWI without a reverse. It's possible, but hairy.

You could try enabling the 'short field package' which reduces the approach idle which is retained on landing from 5 seconds down to 2 seconds.

It is an fsx limitation that reversers cannot be deployed until ground idle.