Sign in to follow this  
pcubine

Landing and Turnoff Lights

The landing and turnoff lights don't seem to be working correctly. With the 3 landing light switches on the overhead panel switched past extended to on there is no light from them in either the VC or 2D panel. In an external view the lights are extended and on but they don't light up terminals, taxiways, runways, etc. The turnoff lights are switched on but they are very dim from the VC and 2D panel, in fact they are useless. Everything worked at one time but now I am confined to daytime operations. Ever try to taxi at night with no lights? Anyone have any ideas?

Thank you

Micjael Cubine

You likely have REX or AS2012. In either case switch the aircraft lighting theme to default.

Branton

I have both REX and AS2012. Where is the aircraft lighting theme? I don't see anything on the PMDG drop down menu from the FSX menu bar. In FSX settings>Customize>Aircraft the cast shadows on ground and landing lights illuminate ground are checked. In Realism pilot controls aircraft lights is checked.

I have the MD-11 on another computer which I use as a test bed for FSX, MD-11, and NGX. The landing lights are working fine on it.

Thank you

Michael Cubine

I do not have REX or AS2012 or even tried them out, but I am guessing that you can pick a lighting theme in the settings for these addons as they may have tweaked a few things.

Setting that to default may cure your issue.

The landing and turnoff lights don't seem to be working correctly. With the 3 landing light switches on the overhead panel switched past extended to on there is no light from them in either the VC or 2D panel. In an external view the lights are extended and on but they don't light up terminals, taxiways, runways, etc. The turnoff lights are switched on but they are very dim from the VC and 2D panel, in fact they are useless. Everything worked at one time but now I am confined to daytime operations. Ever try to taxi at night with no lights? Anyone have any ideas?

Thank you

Micjael Cubine

In your rex main panel select texture/sun lighting and here you will see an option for landing lights/runways lights and strobe lights

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

In your rex main panel select texture/sun lighting and here you will see an option for landing lights/runways lights and stobe lights

Yes, this ^

This is what is causing your faulty landing lights Michael.

Peter

Since the NGX exterior lighting works correctly, I believe it is a issue with the MD11 rather than REX or AS2012. REX is not installed. I have it on a external hard drive on my desk drawer. AS2012 has a lot of options but none that pertain to lighting. In AS2012 I am using the WX influenced theme generated by AS2012.

Michael Cubine

Ah k since iam only using rexe dont know about as2012

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Peter

Since the NGX exterior lighting works correctly, I believe it is a issue with the MD11 rather than REX or AS2012. REX is not installed. I have it on a external hard drive on my desk drawer. AS2012 has a lot of options but none that pertain to lighting. In AS2012 I am using the WX influenced theme generated by AS2012.

Michael Cubine

The NGX's landing lights are not affected because they use an entirely different method (different textures, part of the model, etc) than what the MD11 uses (MD11 uses the default spotlight.bmp like most aircraft).

Hi Michael,

It is the fault of AS2012 and/or REX. I don't have REX, however in AS2012 you have the row of blue Buttons on the left side. One of this buttons is labled "TEXTURES". If you click it you should have a screen which has several submebenues to set your own textures. At the bottom you have another blue button labled "Texture Options" (or somhow similar). After klicking it you should see a function to load a texture backup which was made as you installed AS2012. Load the backup and then on the same option screen you should somwhere have lot's of checkboxes. Sowehre you have "Lightning" checkboxes, deselect all of them. Afterwards you can install WX influenced textures as normal.

Please note: If you had REX textures installed and selected as you installed AS, AS probably made a backup of your REX textures, as AS thinks those are the orginal FSX texutres, and the method I described may not work.

The method I described fixed the problem for me, it isn't the fault of the MD-11.

Best regards,

Jonathan

however in AS2012 you have the row of blue Buttons on the left side. One of this buttons is labled "TEXTURES".

Jonathan

The buttons or rectangles I have on the left side starts with Status and ends with Start FSX. There is no textures button .I clicked on Graphics thinking it might be there. Spent a lot of time there but found nothing. I think you need to tell me the steps to reach textures from the desktop icon.

When I made a hardware change and installed Windows 7 and FSX, I did't install REX. So the backup should be FSX textures.

Thank you

Michael Cubine

Try:

Graphics -> Lights (middle of page) -> Spotlight

then select default (and don't forget to install it - unless it does it automatically).

If that fixes it, then go back to graphics -> Settings (at bottom) -> Install Options and uncheck the 'Spotlight' box so that it doesn't overwrite this if you ever do a random theme generation.

Let us know how you get on.

Mike

Let us know how you get on.

Mike

I believe that did the trick. I have lights that illuminate now.

Thanks to everyone that helped.

Michael Cubine