Sign in to follow this  
byork

1 August 2020: RAAS now at V3.3 with P3D V5 Support!

Captains,

1 August 2020:

RAAS updated to V3.3!

How to Install:

Please visit the RAAS Downloads Page on the FS2Crew website for information.

1. You can install this version of RAAS over the old version without uninstalling first.

2. If updating, you do NOT need to run MakeRunways again (but it's good practice to run it anyway to ensure your runways database is current!)

3. If you're doing a brand new install in FSX: Steam, then you will need run MakeRunways inside of the FSX: Steam folder.

CHANGE LOG:

VERSION 3.3

1-New config options have been added that give user's greater control over the "Altimeter Setting" warning callouts.  A problem could occur where users would manually set their altimeters based on a 3rd party METAR setting, and not on the actual pressure at the aircraft.  This could trigger an "Altimeter Warning" callout due to the difference in altimeter settings.  The new options add a tolerance level setting to help you avoid this scenario due to the possible different altimeter setting values.

Moreover, we recommend that all FS Labs Airbus users disable the "Altimeter Setting (Above and Below Transition)" warning callout because RAAS cannot read the Altimeter in the FSLabs aircraft directly.

VERSION 3.0

1-RAAS now supports P3D Version 5!  The P3D V5 option will appear in the installer options (P3D 64 bit version of RAAS only!)

VERSION 2.9.92.162

1-Fixes issue with saving Master Switch (Aircraft must use a Saved Profile for this to work.

2-Fixes with issue with TA/TL callout.

3-Adds additional runway reading support for FS Labs Airbus version of FS2Crew.

VERSION 2.6.14.3

1-Fixes issue associated with saving the Master Volume slider.

VERSION 2.6.10.2

1-Locked version support for the Aerosoft CRJ and PMDG 747 V2.

VERSION 2.4.0.7

1-New feature added.  The RAAS Master Switch can now be controlled via a keypress or joystick button connected to the WATER RUDDER (UP/DOWN) command.

This feature was based on requests from home cockpit users who wanted to be able to control the RAAS Master switch via their hardware rather than the main RAAS menu.

For this function to work, there is a new option on the RAAS menu.  ENABLE KEY EVENT API must be ticked.

VERSION 2.3.1.7

1- Fixes issue with the FSX Steam version of RAAS not being able to connect to the Flight Simulator under certain circumstances.

VERSION 2.0.3.5

1- Fixes crash when attempting to host a multiplayer session in Steam FSX.

2- Installer updated to correct an issue that resulted in the installer not being able to detect the location of Steam FSX if the "stand-alone" Steam FSX option was selected.

VERSION 2.0.2.3

1- Fixes potential issue associated with the Steam version of FSX and Simconnect.

VERSION 1.6.5.2

1- Adds FSX: Steam support.

VERSION 1.6.0.2

1- Fixes P3D 2.4 crash

2- Adds new option to route RAAS audio to any audio device on your system (this is great for Home Cockpit builders).

VERSION 1.3.2.60

1- Installer supports P3D Version 2+

2- Unlocked version supports the new Aerosoft Airbus X Models (A318 and A319)

3- New option to disable the automatic internet version check.  (In some rare cases, we believe this update check may have been a factor in causing RAAS not to load under select circumstances, especially with PMDG 777 users.)

VERSION 1.2.1.36.

1- SDK RELEASED.  The RAAS SDK allows third party developer to integrate RAAS directly into their aircraft.  Important:  This document is for experienced flight simulator programmers only.  If you are a commercial 3rd party aircraft developer, and you wish to license RAAS, please PM me.

2- RAAS code updated to function with SDK.

3- Fixed an issue where RAAS could make improper calls on complex, multiple runway airports such as SFO.

VERSION 1.1.0.30

1- Fixed an issue whereby the excessive approach speed call was incorrectly using ground speed, not indicated air speed.
2- Updated the logic so that an 'unstable' call will not play during approach unless a previous warning (like 'flaps', 'excessive speed' or 'approach angle' ) was played first.
3- Removed the Scenery.CFG check as it caused hangs for some users. Users must remember to run 'Make Runways' anything they update their scenery.
4- Updated the installer so that RAAS Professional users cannot accidently installed the 'locked' version of RAAS that ships with the Airbus Extended X.
5- Updated the uninstaller so as to preserve users' other 3rd party DLL.XML entries created after RAAS was installed.
6- 'On Runway' call will no longer play if unchecked.

VERSION 1.1.0.22

1- Fixed an issue preventing the Master Switch from being saved properly.

VERSION 1.1.0.20

1- Fixed a potential issue that would prevent users from being able to input minimum flap settings with select aircraft.

SERVICE UPDATE 1:

1- To some users RAASPRO.DLL couldnt be loaded by FS9, the reason is that a single line of code was causing RAASPRO.DLL to ALWAYS depend on SIMCONNECT.DLL even if it's a FS9 ONLY installation or FSX/P3D. So if you have FS9/FSX installed in a single machine, with previous versions there were NO problems due to the fact that SIMCONNECT.DLL was always present, but on FS9 ONLY machines, SIMCONNECT.DLL is missing and RAASPRO.DLL could not find that DLL, as a result FS9 will ALWAYS say: "flight Simulator couldn't load aircraft or software...".

2- When NO LINKED/ASSOCIATED profile is found for the CURRENT aircraft, RAASPRO will be AUTOMATICALLY *TURN OFF*, otherwise if an ASSOCIATED/LINKED profile is found RAASPRO will be AUTOMATICALLY *TURN ON*. This fixes the issue of having any other plane like a cessana NOT associated with ANY profile and RAASPRO ON.

3- Fixes EDDF RUNWAY 18 issue, the fact that RUNWAY 18 has a SINGLE RUNWAY DESIGNATOR, as there is NO RUNWAY 36, that caused RAASPRO to NOT recognizing that runway, NOW RAASPRO detects runways having a SINGLE runway designator and CREATES (virtually) a FAKE runway ID, which for RUNWAY 18 would be RUNWAY 36. This would happen with EVERY RUNWAY having a SINGLE designator, so NO NEED TO CHANGE/MODIFY R4.CSV database file.

4- Fixes Altimeter Call associated with the Transition Altitude.

5- Other small fixes.

Best,

Edited by byork

February 26, 2013:

RAAS has been updated to Version 1.1.0.30.

My installed copy told me I should update, so I tried. I've now ALMOST downloaded the 117 Mb package, at a ridiculous 14kbsec (on my 20mbps fibre connection) three times and am part way through my 4th. Each time I start it again the number of downloads I am allowed decreases -- it wil be 7 down from 11 next time I look.

Apart from the very very low download rate (is it being throttled at your end?), the file almost completes (last time "117 or 117Mb") but it is still waiting for more -- check bytes perhaps? -- which never arrive, and the resulting file isn't a valid ZIP. When I go back to your website it is apparently not available, crashed or something.

Please, can you do something about this? What would you recommend if this, my 4th attempt, fails too? The Firefox downloader says thee's another 108 Mb and 1hour 53 minutes to go (!!!). With my connection a file as small as 117Mb should take 10 seconds or less.

Regards

Pete

Win10: 22H2 19045.2728
CPU: 9900KS at 5.5GHz
Memory: 32Gb at 3800 MHz.
GPU:  RTX 24Gb Titan
2 x 2160p projectors at 25Hz onto 200 FOV curved screen

My installed copy told me I should update, so I tried. I've now ALMOST downloaded the 117 Mb package, at a ridiculous 14kbsec (on my 20mbps fibre connection) three times and am part way through my 4th. Each time I start it again the number of downloads I am allowed decreases -- it wil be 7 down from 11 next time I look.

Apart from the very very low download rate (is it being throttled at your end?), the file almost completes (last time "117 or 117Mb") but it is still waiting for more -- check bytes perhaps? -- which never arrive, and the resulting file isn't a valid ZIP. When I go back to your website it is apparently not available, crashed or something.

Please, can you do something about this? What would you recommend if this, my 4th attempt, fails too? The Firefox downloader says thee's another 108 Mb and 1hour 53 minutes to go (!!!). With my connection a file as small as 117Mb should take 10 seconds or less.

Regards

Pete

Hi Pete,

Our server is getting slaughtered due to every RAAS owner downloading at the same time.

There are 1000s of them since RAAS is also available with the Airbus Extended X.

Please try again in 12 hours or so.

We're upgrading our servers now as we speak to cope with the demand.

Thank you for your patience.

(FS2Crew offers free download protection, so if you need your download limit reset, just email or PM me.)

We're upgrading our servers now as we speak to cope with the demand.

Thanks -- it's good this morning: downloaded and completed correctly in less than 2 minutes. And thanks for restoring my download limit.

Best Regards

Pete

Win10: 22H2 19045.2728
CPU: 9900KS at 5.5GHz
Memory: 32Gb at 3800 MHz.
GPU:  RTX 24Gb Titan
2 x 2160p projectors at 25Hz onto 200 FOV curved screen

Brian,

maybe you also develope a workaround to eliminate the "long landing" caution when approaching 31L/JFK (FSDT)

due to the displaced touchdown-zone.

thx in advance

PGB

Hi PGB,

We're still working on that one.

Cheers,

Hi Brian,

glad to know, thx

cheers

PGB

Hi

I have a older version RAAS,so I want to reinstall the new version,but when I got my download page,"This file can no longer be downloaded as it has expired."has displayed.....What can I do next....

Thanks!

Cheers

sunwocd

Hi

I have a older version RAAS,so I want to reinstall the new version,but when I got my download page,"This file can no longer be downloaded as it has expired."has displayed.....What can I do next....

Thanks!

Cheers

sunwocd

Email me at: admin@fs2crew.com

include:

full name

order number

Cheers,