Sign in to follow this  
Neptune

Navigation Lights are Square in DX10

Hello i utilise DX10optimised S.J.P at the first time

all thing right and work fine

since 2 days ago lignt plane strobe en navigation light are a square Green, Red, Blue.. the taxi ways are blue stripes and black

the landing light and taxi light switch off / on ... with strobes plane switch /on

some one have an idea to rectified ??

i have a screen but i can't place here ? ...it's.exact ?

or where i can upload for seeing ?

Patrick

lignt plane strobe en navigation light are a square Green, Red, Blue.. the taxi ways are blue stripes and black

Patrick,

I moved your post and gave it a title as it was a different issue. Are they Shockwave lights or default? There was a fix issued for the shockwave lights. If the lights are default, then you are probably missing a .fx file in the Effects folder. It's my understanding that some payware developers replace some of these .fx files when you install their program. When you uninstall that program, it also uninstalls the needed effects. The only way to fix is to do a repair (insert your FSX disk and select Repair when the options show). Make sure you also do a repair for Acceleration (if installed) or SP1/SP2 if Acceleration is not installed. If you have FSX Gold, you should only have to do one repair as all the programs and updates are there.

Best regards,

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Hello Jim

no no no i don't insert DVD1 to repair FSX

i try to find the .fx in the folder EFFECT i think that ; may be RTMM sceneries effects .fx installed last days

thank a lot for your tips

Patrick

More info: Lights are FX_2.bmp located in the Effects texture folder. There's an FX_1.bmp, FX_2.bmp, and FX_3.bmp and, if they are missing or corrupted you could see square lighting on aircraft and on the nav lights. There's Halo.bmp located in the main texture folder. If those files are missing or damaged the lights will display the blocks. From what I have seen via the Internet, the FX_2.bmp is usually deleted by some third party.

Best regards,

Jim

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

There is a download file for lights.

Search for Michael Swannick with fsx_lights.zip.

Includes fixes for Strobes, runway lights and the landing lights.

Then make sure you don't let other programmes overwrite your light fixes.

Trevor Golding

Oh, I remember dealing with this issue. In fact there a few programs that can mess with those files, and eventually I just waited until Fsx needed to be reinstalled one day and took the draconian step of making a complete backup of the entire Fsx folder on another drive.

That way I had a nice little cache of pristine files to replace files damaged or otherwise made unavailable by one mishap or another over the years afterwards.

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

Hello that ist's a good replay pic THX

i try to remove RTMM is not that

i try to keep out .fx PBY is not that

now i try to replace a good effect lignt

Thank's JIM, Devon, Trevor Golding

Neptune

Trevor Golding

Edition ; that ok with Michael Swannick with fsx_lights.zip. is SOLVED Thank' s

-=-=-=-===-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

And now the TAXI WAYS ORBX AU NA with or not FTX Central ACTIVATE all are with the screen introduction MSFSX and it's write like this

X ROTALUMIS THGILF TFOSORCIM represented in stipes

like this ..See by yourself ! friday harbor

2012-9-24_3-10-8-589_zpsb7e4881b.jpg

and All other airports taxi ways no problème

and sorry, for my english writing

Never seen that one before. But it's a good example of why the care and feeding of an Fsx installation can be a bit of a chore sometimes. Do you have any other programs or addons or tweaks that might affect runways?

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

Hi Devon

i have REX E. AS12 and Aéro from FTX orbx

Rex E for textures AS12 for MTO i try to désactice Aéro by deffault FSx it"s the same

this apear only on ORBX NA AU

and all others airports Flytempa, Aérosoft, nothing taxiways apear they are rignt définition

may be this com when i instal the latest librairies ORBX i uninstal and instal the librairies before and it's the same

i uninstal the driver 306.2 Nvidia to regress an other and nothing go right for TAXI WAY

i change my FSX.cfg by a new and the same this problem come allown if i désactive FTX to FSX default it"s the same on this region NA AU

i don't understand why is wrong ?

i delete V3.0 general10 and re install nothing do

with DX9.0 all things right it's only for DX10 with Shader 10

Patrick

Ouch.

I know that Rex can, among other things change both runway textures and lights.

Obviously Orbyx Also modify's lights, and can also change runway textures as well.

But I think your most likely culprit is coming to be some combination of those two factors doing something bad with your use of the DX10 hack.

You could mess with it a while longer, but at this point I myself might be considering a very careful delete and re-install of FSX and any additions; with DX10 added only at the end, after everything is verified to be working.

Devons rig

like this ..See by yourself ! friday harbor

That picture shows FSX does not have the resources required to process the scenery. Common causes are too high FSX settings or too high display driver settings. I have my DX10 display drivers set to the FSX default settings. In FSX I restored the default settings but moved a couple of sliders up under scenery and moved some sliders up in the AI section. Water textures are at 5. I have no tweaks except highmemfix=1. Super high quality graphics and FSX is rendering the scenes almost instantly. FPS are in the 50's or 60's unless I'm in a payware scenery area and/or a payware aircraft. If you look at that picture closely, the ground textures are very blurry. Try PJ's FSX/display driver settings. He has 3 monitors too. Hopefully you can find a fix.

Best regards,

Jim

Submit News to AVSIM

HI GUYS

last news i'm HAPPY

i instal FTXORBXLIBS_120509 ORBX i look to Friday Harbor and all taxiways are right in all test NA AU WAOOOOO !

i re instal FTXORBXLIBS_120825 ORBX and now all things are right with DX10

if this ......can help some one

this subject is resolved

look may pc spec....

Nice

Patrick so best regards