Sign in to follow this  
MrSpeaker

nav data pro is out

Ok cool, Im not even sure the YQG3 SID would be in the FMS would it? Its just vectors for assigned fix correct?

Correct, its no big deal at all but there are other airports like CYQM the YQM3 which is basically the same, runway heading for vectors and its in there. Overall I really like NavData Pro the UI is great, update all your products with one click. And II like being able to buy one update at a time.

What a ridiculous statement.

You should see who shares my opinion. Including members of PMDG

Alex Ridge

Join Fswakevortex here! YOUTUBE and FACEBOOK

People can have opinions, but unless the folks at PMDG plan to create something similar and offer it for FREE they really should not be saying anything.

Being a member of PMDG does not bestow one with immunity from making dumb statements. Have a go for yourself at updating all of your worldwide navdata, for each of your add ons, every 28 days. Unless you have access to a competitive (free) global nav data source I am sure you will find that the service that either Navigraph or Lido provide is good value for money.

Cheers

Steve Hall

Has anyone tried this with the small Australian airports?

Navigraph missed alot of procedures here..

Could you provide some aiports for me. I can check if they are there.

Jan-Paul

Off the top of my head there are a few with missing approaches.

Try YPMQ please, it should have 2 RNAV approaches and an NDB approach.

Also YCFS, YWOL, and YSBK do they have approaches listed?

For SIDS STARS I have found the capitals were covered by Navigraph but I should check later if any were missed

YPMQ: RNAVs included, NDB not, because its CIRCLING

YCFS: All included

YWOL: Rnavs included, NDB not, because its CIRCLING

YSBK: Rnavs included and NDB11C

Jan-Paul

Aceridgey

It was a ridiculous statement and aspreviously said, I don't see PMDG doing it for nothing. Where do you think this data comes from? And its not just sids and stars but also includes airways, navaids and waypoints.

Does NavDataPro include charts?

Cheers, Richard

Intel Core i7-7700K @ 4.2 GHz, 16 GB memory, 1 TB SSD, GTX 1080 Ti, 28" 4K display

Win10-64, P3Dv5, PMDG 748 & 777, Milviz KA350i, ASP3D, vPilot, Navigraph, PFPX, ChasePlane, Orbx 

Does NavDataPro include charts?

No charts - the AIRAC is just a data set...

DJ

YPMQ: RNAVs included, NDB not, because its CIRCLING

YCFS: All included

YWOL: Rnavs included, NDB not, because its CIRCLING

YSBK: Rnavs included and NDB11C

Jan-Paul

Thanks for checking those. You know what, I complained about these on their forum last month. 1208 didn't have them. I just checked 1209 and Navigraph added some of them this month (for example STARS for YSBK), if it's related to my customer feedback them I'm impressed even if it's not all of them. It's still not universal coverage but they are improving.

YSBK - do you have the STARS as well? Or just the approaches?

I hope Navigrpah grow to meet Aerosoft's competition headon and expand their service by including data from another provider to get greater coverage, then we would truly have a choice.

At the moment I'm worried about errors in Aerosoft's data, although Navigraph hasn't been error free either.. but I already have credits left to use. I'll at least use those credits before deciding whether to change...

DanW

I understand Aerosoft are providing the LIDO database as provided to them and then changing the data into the different file formats required for the different addons. I believe this is what Navigraph do as well. If the data is wrong, then it is wrong at source. This is an issue for the provider of the source data.

Thanks Craig, I had heard that Navigraph were using a database from a specific source that provided navdata to their customers, and this source only included data that their customers wanted based on their forum responses. They had said they only get airports included if their source has customers that use those airports.

I was hoping Aerosoft were using a different source, with more complete data.

For example the source that Garmin uses for their GNS units, seems to have more coverage over the smaller airports.

But if they are the exact same source, then I don't know if there can be any improvement except the difference between cycles..