Sign in to follow this  
kannwar

FSX Realistic Night!

My fsx always get CTD when d3d9.dll (Enb series) is present. That's according to event viewer. My test is base on short flight from EGLL to EGLC. It happen when it landed at EGLC.

After doing some research, it seems as though this is going to be a "try and see" approach tfor you. I dont use ENB, and as such, i'm not very educated in it. I do know the post-processing effects of FXAA and SMAA are extremely stable. Let me know how it goes.

Thanks,

Steven

I tried out the link you provided and choose preset 1 and fsx looks so rich and full of colour.

Huh? What preset? Im totally lost now... I extracted all the file from the zip to my fsx directory, start the FXAA_Tool.exe, start fsx, and everything still the same. Are the preset files in "injFX_Shaders"?

Huh? What preset? Im totally lost now... I extracted all the file from the zip to my fsx directory, start the FXAA_Tool.exe, start fsx, and everything still the same. Are the preset files in "injFX_Shaders"?

Try the link I posted above, the installer contains presets.

Regards,

Steven

Anthony,you need to extract the contents of the preset 1 folder ,not the folder itself.

Ya just use Steves link, I installed version 2.1, ran the installer and it prompted me to choose a preset, 1 through 5, I picked 1, (there are examples pics of the different presets on the webpage, the installer will ask for a location, obviously choose your fsx install directory, it will put a handy fxaa icon on your desktop as well, I would delete your previous unzipped files (not sure if it matters)

Aaah, thx guys. Got it now. When I start FXAA Tool on my desktop, The Toggle On/Off box is uncheck on some tabs, shall I leave it? And what are they for btw?

Just toggle the effects you want,on/off

Been using this for a long time,and dont use the AA,HDR,or Sharpening.

Play around with the settings until you get a realistic result.

The effects are very subjective, but unfortunatly, do not get to the root of the issues with FSX when displaying night scenes.

Namely, FSX, and these external shader modifications, do not simulate the effects of the human eye, and the human's eye's night vision effect.

If this is to be done realistically, it requires enhancing and improving the actual FSX shaders, that operate on different parts of the pilot's view, (ie In cockpit, ground, building, sky), to each "independantly" alter as a function of outside cockpit, and within cockpit lighting.

Yes, it is better than doing nothing at all, but there is even more potential for significant improvement, with enhansed internal FSX shaders.

P3D has already gone a little way in this direction, with improved shaders, which is one of the most significant reason why P3D views, look so different to FSX views.

P3D still lacks any simulation of human "night vision", but hopefully, it will get there one day.

The effects are very subjective, but unfortunatly, do not get to the root of the issues with FSX when displaying night scenes.

Namely, FSX, and these external shader modifications, do not simulate the effects of the human eye, and the human's eye's night vision effect.

If this is to be done realistically, it requires enhancing and improving the actual FSX shaders, that operate on different parts of the pilot's view, (ie In cockpit, ground, building, sky), to each "independantly" alter as a function of outside cockpit, and within cockpit lighting.

Yes, it is better than doing nothing at all, but there is even more potential for significant improvement, with enhansed internal FSX shaders.

P3D has already gone a little way in this direction, with improved shaders, which is one of the most significant reason why P3D views, look so different to FSX views.

P3D still lacks any simulation of human "night vision", but hopefully, it will get there one day.

Totally agree. This is really just a patch up solution and for me it is an improvement over what I had. Hopefully we will see a sim with these effects properly simulated in time. I'm really hoping LM bring cloud shadows to the table with P3D v2 as well - it's past time we got them as I'm sure our modern hardware is more than capable!

I'm really interested to see these effects, but unfortunately I just can't seem to get it to work. I've tried the installer in Steve's post and installed it according to the instructions but I don't see any differences in FSX. Can't tell what I am doing wrong

Best regards,

Alexander Rietveld

Hi,

how to use "PPIT" AND "Framerate Limiter 0.2" together in FSX root folder? Both using their own d3d9.dll.

Can anyone tell me a solution?

I have to use Framerate Limiter 0.2 having best overall results.

Hi Darkstar, i'm certain your problem is due to the injector if you had a no-go due to a nvida driver prompt.

There are many universal injectors that have the same config options (in a UI format) as the one posted. If you would like, i'd be happy to find a recent universal injector for you and post the link.

An injector is doing just that "injecting" FXAA per application, it should not be searching for drivers, strange indeed.

Was the error from the FSX application?

Steven

Hi Steve

Ive tried all the presets and although I dont get any errors the shaders are not working.

I get the following in the log file...

redirecting CreateDevice

device->GetBackBuffer failed

after which, with each press of alt/enter, I get the following...

redirecting device->Reset

redirecting CreateDevice

I tried to recreate the issue I had the other day with my original download but that is not giving me an error now and also does not work. So still no injection on my system with the ATI card which is a shame.

Thank you for all your efforts though its much asppreciated.

This (GetBackBuffer failed) is the same error I am getting with FXAAToolHG6, except that in my case I have GTX680 cards. Haven't tried the PPI 2.1 installer yet but I'm not hopeful.

I tried it. Aside form a noticeable FPS hit, the AA isn't nearly as nice as the 8xS I have in NVIDIA Inspector and it seems to negate my FPS limiter (older version). With FPS limiter activated, I am getting swings from 70 to 10 FPS. These swings make the sim really jerky.

MSFS Premium Deluxe Edition; Windows 11 Pro, I9-9900k; Asus Maximus XI Hero; Asus TUF RTX3080TI; 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR4 3600; 2X Samsung 1TB 970EVO; NZXT Kraken X63; Seasonic Prime PX-1000, LG 48" C1 Series OLED, Honeycomb Yoke & TQ, CH Rudder Pedals, Logitech G13 Gamepad 

Just a tip -- if you want to get this to work with Nvidia inspector, make sure you have FXAA turned 'on' within the settings :)

Works fine here, I've disable everything but bloom (like ENB?) and moved it to the mid-way mark. What settings are you all using?

Soarbywire - Avionics Engineering