What's new in the Library
FS9, FSX & P3D CTD Guide - UPDATED V2!
Simulation's Premier Resource!
AVSIM is a free service to the flight and simulation communities. Please help us keep it that way. Donate what you can today! Thank you for your support!
- Simmarket Deal of the Day - Taxi2Gate MMMX (FSX)
- Free simMarket addon - FSDG's Oresund X for FSX & P3D v2.x
- Free VFR Photo Scenery Vol 6 never istalled for FS2004
- Aerosoft PMDG 747X Boxed version reduced to €29.99
- Aerosoft Winter Sale 20% off boxed products
- Drzewiecki Design New York City X 30% off?
- Just Flight Pick and Mix Sale
- Drzewiecki Design Polish Airports volumes, which one to get?
- Ultimate VFR Photoscenery Crazy 75% Off
- Any one looking for a complete Fuselage to make a sim out of? There are a few on ebay for $300
- Very good Computer for FSX for sale
- Trackir 5
- Precision Flight Controls Multi-Engine Throttle/Prop/Mixture Quadrant
- Precision Flight Controls Beech Yolk with Hall Effect & Digital Clock
- Reduced! PFC Cirrus II Console and Pedals $500 + shipping
- Saitek X52 Pro HOTAS - Priced low for quick sale!
- CH Throttle Quadrant; CH Eclipse; Saitek Combat Pedals
- For Sale: Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals, $120
- Reduced price for Flightbeam KIAD (2nd copy for sale)
- SAITEK PRO FLIGHT SWITCH PANEL (UK based)
. . .
Posted 05 October 2012 - 10:13 AM
Posted 05 October 2012 - 10:36 AM
Welcome aboard. Your best bet is to download and read the latest Getting Started guide for Single pC system. Once you set up your configure dialog, enabling the LWE on the Local Computer, enable LC, select your sim type and browse to identify the sim's install folder. Restart the FSXSERVER program then check your Weather dialog, everything there should be set up OK.
Now open the Spy window and force a weather update either via the FsX menu (load dynamic weather) or by opening the Weather dialog and clicking OK. You should see the METARs download etc.
The weather only takes an instant to load into FSX. If you see Unable to Load Weather reported in the Spy window then the FSXSERVER prog cannot copy the weather file into your sim's Weather\themes folder. If this happens you will have to set up your drive sharing and permissions etc. you will find instructions in the guide.
Any problems then go on the Flight1 forum, ask nicely and you will get plenty of help. Cheryl and I are having the weekend off, so I will be back in Monday but I will help as much as I can.