What's new in the Library
FS9, FSX & P3D CTD Guide - UPDATED V2!
Simulation's Premier Resource!
AVSIM is a free service to the flight and simulation communities. Please help us keep it that way. Donate what you can today! Thank you for your support!
- Active Sky Next - 30% off at SimMarket!
- Drzewiecki Design New York City X 30% off?
- Drzewiecki Design Easter Sale 30% off
- Flysimware 50% off on SimMarket
- FlightSystems Spring Promo, Free Payware!
- Microsoft Flight Simulator X: Steam Edition 80% off $4.99 now to Mar 30 End
- EDDK Köln/Bonn from Aerosoft for €14,48 / $14.29
- Airline2Sim Q400 Cadet Training Course 50% off
- Steam Sale FSX + DCS
- FSX: SE on sale... 80% off
- For Sale: Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals, $120
- For Sale: GTX 970 Superclocked
- Saitek Flight Sim components for sale New-in Box ever used
- Edtracker for sale
- Saitek TPM Panel (throttle,mixture and prop) ** WANTED **
- Selling my GTX Titan Superclocked
- TrackIR 5 - Track Clip for Hat
- Precision Flight Controls PFC Yoke, Rudders, Throttles + GoFlight Panels
- For Sale 1947 Piper PA12
- Real 737 Overhead and Aft Overhead For Sale
. . .
Posted 05 October 2012 - 10:13 AM
Posted 05 October 2012 - 10:36 AM
Welcome aboard. Your best bet is to download and read the latest Getting Started guide for Single pC system. Once you set up your configure dialog, enabling the LWE on the Local Computer, enable LC, select your sim type and browse to identify the sim's install folder. Restart the FSXSERVER program then check your Weather dialog, everything there should be set up OK.
Now open the Spy window and force a weather update either via the FsX menu (load dynamic weather) or by opening the Weather dialog and clicking OK. You should see the METARs download etc.
The weather only takes an instant to load into FSX. If you see Unable to Load Weather reported in the Spy window then the FSXSERVER prog cannot copy the weather file into your sim's Weather\themes folder. If this happens you will have to set up your drive sharing and permissions etc. you will find instructions in the guide.
Any problems then go on the Flight1 forum, ask nicely and you will get plenty of help. Cheryl and I are having the weekend off, so I will be back in Monday but I will help as much as I can.