Sign in to follow this  
paul123

Live weather

Finally purchased this afternoon. I can access all the static weather themes fine but I am not sure if the live weather is working. It looks nothing like the cloudy weather here today. Is there an idiots way to check that it is working ? I have checked the live weather button on the interface.

Thanks Paul

Hi Paul

Welcome aboard. Your best bet is to download and read the latest Getting Started guide for Single pC system. Once you set up your configure dialog, enabling the LWE on the Local Computer, enable LC, select your sim type and browse to identify the sim's install folder. Restart the FSXSERVER program then check your Weather dialog, everything there should be set up OK.

Now open the Spy window and force a weather update either via the FsX menu (load dynamic weather) or by opening the Weather dialog and clicking OK. You should see the METARs download etc.

The weather only takes an instant to load into FSX. If you see Unable to Load Weather reported in the Spy window then the FSXSERVER prog cannot copy the weather file into your sim's Weather\themes folder. If this happens you will have to set up your drive sharing and permissions etc. you will find instructions in the guide.

Any problems then go on the Flight1 forum, ask nicely and you will get plenty of help. Cheryl and I are having the weekend off, so I will be back in Monday but I will help as much as I can.

Regards

Stephen