•  

Where Flight Simulation Enthusiasts Gather from Around the World!

HOT SPOTS:
 rarrow.gif The 2014 Demographic Survey! - NEW!

rarrow.gif What's new in the Library

rarrow.gif Member Blogs

rarrow.gif Member Reviews - Contribute a Review!
rarrow.gif Bargain Hunters Forum
rarrow.gif Classified, Want, Swap Ads

rarrow.gif AVSIM Team Speak System

rarrow.gif Video Library
rarrow.gif Image Gallery
rarrow.gif Community Links Library
rarrow.gif Tutorials

rarrow.gif FS9. FSX & P3D CTD Guide

rarrow.gif FSX / P3D Configuration Guide

rarrow.gif AVSIM Publications 

Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight and simulation communities. Please help us keep it that way. Donate what you can today! Thank you for your support!

. . .
Photo
- - - - -

Live weather

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 paul123

paul123

• Members
  • 292 posts
  • Joined 3 Years and 11 Days Ago.

Posted 05 October 2012 - 10:13 AM

Finally purchased this afternoon. I can access all the static weather themes fine but I am not sure if the live weather is working. It looks nothing like the cloudy weather here today. Is there an idiots way to check that it is working ? I have checked the live weather button on the interface.
Thanks Paul

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

#2 Opus Software

Opus Software

Member - 2,000+

• Commercial Member
  • 2,735 posts
  • Joined 2 Years, 8 Months and 28 Days Ago.

Posted 05 October 2012 - 10:36 AM

Hi Paul

Welcome aboard. Your best bet is to download and read the latest Getting Started guide for Single pC system. Once you set up your configure dialog, enabling the LWE on the Local Computer, enable LC, select your sim type and browse to identify the sim's install folder. Restart the FSXSERVER program then check your Weather dialog, everything there should be set up OK.

Now open the Spy window and force a weather update either via the FsX menu (load dynamic weather) or by opening the Weather dialog and clicking OK. You should see the METARs download etc.

The weather only takes an instant to load into FSX. If you see Unable to Load Weather reported in the Spy window then the FSXSERVER prog cannot copy the weather file into your sim's Weather\themes folder. If this happens you will have to set up your drive sharing and permissions etc. you will find instructions in the guide.

Any problems then go on the Flight1 forum, ask nicely and you will get plenty of help. Cheryl and I are having the weekend off, so I will be back in Monday but I will help as much as I can.

Regards
Stephen

Where Flight Simulation Enthusiasts Gather from Around the World!